+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin build - High DPS. Recommendations?

Soulwalker

Default Assassin build - High DPS. Recommendations?

Hello :-) I just turned 50, and have been leveling using an assassin spec. I am sure it's pretty crummy since I have no idea where I had been pumping points. Can anyone please post a good assassin spec along with a rotation for me to use. I want to start running hard mode instances. Thanks!!

Any reasonable assassin build that includes Scourge of Darkness should be winning.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

So let me get this straight.

You leveled your character to 50 and now you are asking someone to tell you how to play your class?

um...wow!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jetta View Post
    Hello :-) I just turned 50, and have been leveling using an assassin spec. I am sure it's pretty crummy since I have no idea where I had been pumping points. Can anyone please post a good assassin spec along with a rotation for me to use. I want to start running hard mode instances. Thanks!!
    From my expierence , assassin is borked as a main soul in end game I used a ton of specs in t1 and 2 focusing on assassin, 51 pts 44 hybrids. it never yielded more then a 450 avr. Nightblade 51 point for the win 500 to 750 st dps and have hit 3 k on large trash .assassin st dps is meh

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    From my expierence , assassin is borked as a main soul in end game I used a ton of specs in t1 and 2 focusing on assassin, 51 pts 44 hybrids. it never yielded more then a 450 avr. Nightblade 51 point for the win 500 to 750 st dps and have hit 3 k on large trash .assassin st dps is meh
    cant believe someone actually goes 51nb...

and basically what all these people say, both nb and bd beat sin for a main soul in melee dps.

and for rogues, hybrid specs ALWAYS beat pure specs, hell this is pretty much the case for every calling, but it's especially true for rogues.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Prophet of Telara

My two most successful builds were 34NB/32AS/0Inf and 51AS/15NB/0Inf. Put the points where they make sense, don't don't forget that you need to have utility (such as a snare) in every build.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

and basically what all these people say, both nb and bd beat sin for a main soul in melee dps.

and for rogues, hybrid specs ALWAYS beat pure specs, hell this is pretty much the case for every calling, but it's especially true for rogues.
    Honestly, the damage from a 51 NB with the bubbles is the exception. It does fine full spec. 44 points is the least id go into NB, living flame truly is great though. what the class(soul rather) lacks in CC, it makes up for in bubbles. I havnt lost a duel yet, though most people in this game are bad, and those that think they are not are under the dillusion that the game requires skill. THis game is about as easy as it gets, as long as you dont have a borked soul and the intelligence of a five year old its pretty easy to face roll and get a kill. Best example of this is Pyro. And if you want to use a class thats popular but recieves less "OP" name calling, look at the saboteur, or even the nightblade: 5ptcombo scourge of darkness =force a bubble pop on the opponent, use own bubble, few seconds of a wait for a window of opportunity=living flame+dusk to dawn=nearly dead...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Taristar View Post
    So let me get this straight.

You leveled your character to 50 and now you are asking someone to tell you how to play your class?

um...wow!
    Not exactly, but thanks for your input :-)

Currently I am assassin/nb/bd. I am fairly happy with the dmg output I see, 1300 crit fairly often. I am just wondering if something could be better.

I play as the build listed in my signature and I love it. The DPS is really good from what I see and honestly I know I'll probably get flamed by the elitists in here for playing a build that I love but it's great DPS and no one has ever complained in my groups short of me pulling aggro. I'm in mixed T1 and T2 epics with ~27% chance to crit self-buffed. 1100+ Serpent Strike crits, 2300+ Final Blow crits, 260 per tick Jagged Strike crits... fun times plus double sap.
    Last edited by Sayaka; 04-06-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

Shadowlander

For pvp:

I use this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARftsfqddR.V0L
    Macro:
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot

Then i also switch to this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os.0AMft0bodbR

with this macro:
    #show Primal Strike
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Fiery Spike

Works really great. Assassin is fun .
    Last edited by Silcan; 04-06-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

Rift Chaser

For leveling to 50, Assassin/Bladedancer is great.

I suggest at 50 you buy another role that does not include the defensive reaction abilities of Bladedancer or Assassin. Fill it with as many offensive abilities from those two souls as you can. This is because if you are running an instance with a good tank then you are not going to dodging or parrying very often so wont be triggering many of the best skills used while leveling.

Still debating on the third soul but nightblade seems a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

Pvp or pve?

+ Reply to Thread