+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Shelving my rogue...for now.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default Shelving my rogue...for now.

    I have a lvl 20 and as I am not impressed with what I have seen so far, I don't think I will be carrying through with the class for the time being.

    When I read the forums, it just supports what I see.

    Maybe later when they flush this class out a bit more. Right now, the dmg isnt great, the CC isnt great, the survivability isnt great. Meh, a pest at best.
    Last edited by enderz; 04-06-2011 at 10:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    We care. Really. I promise.


    (Don't come back)
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    We care. Really. I promise.


    (Don't come back)
    Typical trolololol.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Avarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Thank you for deciding to change roles upon giving up early on in your assessment, instead of continuing to half-*** the class which inevitably leads to QQ threads about how you can't get into a dungeon, etc.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Seriisbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avarix View Post
    Thank you for deciding to change roles upon giving up early on in your assessment, instead of continuing to half-*** the class which inevitably leads to QQ threads about how you can't get into a dungeon, etc.

    I'm going to have to + this
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enderz View Post
    I have a lvl 20 and as I am not impressed with what I have seen so far, I don't think I will be carrying through with the class for the time being.

    When I read the forums, it just supports what I see.

    Maybe later when they flush this class out a bit more. Right now, the dmg isnt great, the CC isnt great, the survivability isnt great. Meh, a pest at best.
    Shelving the class because you don't know how to play the class right? Good riddance.

  7. #7
    Telaran Sayaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    90

    Default

    What did you expect in response to starting this thread? Really, I'm curious.
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    727

    Default

    If you have been paying attention on the forums, people are saying that rogues suck at level 50, not while leveling, so I'm not sure what your problem is.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    /signed

    any new players reading this i hope you take it to heart. unless you really truly like perma stealth, i suggest a different class. the ONLY thing rogues have going for them is stealth, everything else another class does better and that's a FACT, not a conjecture or opinion.

    i personally like perma stealth as it allows me to be a farm bot. my 50 rogue is 300 in all 3 gathering professions and i get TONS upon TONS of them in an obscure area only obtainable via stealth or a group. it's also fun for ganking ppl with 3+ mobs on them (fair fights are for non rogues!) but if these are not enough for you to play this class then i suggest you look elsewhere.

    TD;LR our healing is less than mages and clerics, our ranged dps is less than clerics mages and yes even warriors, and our melee dps is less than warriors and apparently shamans too (never met a good one so cannot confirm this, am having a guildy with the rank 5 weapon test this later though to see if he beats me)

    p.s. i'm fine with my rogue, i excell at the weakest class and make them look good and im fine with that, but i do not suggest them to anyone, let alone new gamers.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  10. #10
    Telaran Satyrnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    We actually have the second highest ranged dps, and are tied with warriors.

    Clerics come close, and are viable alternatives, running about 50-100 dps behind us.

    Mages parse well against melee rogues because frequently we have to run away and drop our dps heights to our ranged alternatives.

    Warriors really aren't that affective unless you are on a tank and spank. Thank god they have group buffs and debuffs, less I'd never want to bring one except to tank.

    If you're not experiencing the same. Oh well. I'd say "L2P", but it seems cliche at this point with half the board community still acting as if the jury is out on ranger and assassin crit talents stacking, when there's clear evidence they do.

    If you want to leave the class, don't leave because of dps issues. Leave because the bard class was intentionally unfinished, and is the most boring class in the world to play. Leave because our pvp viability is only registered in small group scale, and with the large sized WF's it's diminished to nill effectiveness.

    In other words. Leave for a real reason instead of the BS excuse of lack of dmg. Group up with a war, and parse a real spec. You'll find it surprising and refreshing that you'll out dps generally every class on bosses rather easily, or at least competitive if your spec is sub-optimal.

    Enjoy your time in rift, good luck on your next class.
    Last edited by Satyrnos; 04-06-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Satyr-knows Best!
    Satyrnos - 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Religion - XX Warrior - Shatterbone

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enderz View Post

    Maybe later when they flush this class out a bit more.


    Flushing is what they did to the class last patch. Fleshing is probably the word you are looking for.

    /grammarnazioff

  12. #12
    Telaran Gojiraatomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I don't get it. As a 51 sin with some points in NB and Ranger for the crits and damage bonues to combo point abilities and finishers i do just fine. Tell me that you can't do damage vs a mage especially. Try a Assassinate/foul play/puncture/final blow/serpentstrike/snare on a mage and tell me he isn't gasping for breath. ( if you stacked crit like you should have its delicious)

    Opening with dark malady also is nasty. Dark malady/foul play/puncture/serpent strike/final blow also = lol damage. OH btw......slip away can be used after this a lot for 0/100 victories sometimes.
    I gank, get over it.

  13. #13
    Telaran Fakemessiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    the fact that you decided to post that you are giving up your rogue like we care is actually kind of amusing.

    I love my rogue and will continue to play him till rift stops existing.

    the fact that your level 20 and up and decided the dps, survivability, and w/e u said isn't great is ****ing ******ed.
    If you had any common sense or knew anything about the rogue souls you can make a beastly leveling spec...melee or ranged. I have a warrior and rogue and the rogue was by far easier and faster to level. A leveling spec isnt something that you make to be the "Be ll end all" spec. Its made to lvl easier. that is what the other 3 specs are for.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!!!


    Fakemessiah 50 Guardian Male High Elf Rogue Tank/Guitar of Destruction - Dec 17, 2010 - Present
    Fakemessiah 85 Horde Female Goblin Warrior Single Tgt Prot/AOE Prot - Nov 24, 2004 - Apr 8, 2011
    Fakemessiah Lord Of The Rings Online - Retired
    Ehgriez Everquest Warrior Tank - Retired
    Ehgriez RuneScape - Retired
    Fakemessiah Ultima Online - Retired

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satyrnos View Post
    We actually have the second highest ranged dps, and are tied with warriors.

    Clerics come close, and are viable alternatives, running about 50-100 dps behind us.

    Mages parse well against melee rogues because frequently we have to run away and drop our dps heights to our ranged alternatives.

    Warriors really aren't that affective unless you are on a tank and spank. Thank god they have group buffs and debuffs, less I'd never want to bring one except to tank.

    If you're not experiencing the same. Oh well. I'd say "L2P", but it seems cliche at this point with half the board community still acting as if the jury is out on ranger and assassin crit talents stacking, when there's clear evidence they do.

    If you want to leave the class, don't leave because of dps issues. Leave because the bard class was intentionally unfinished, and is the most boring class in the world to play. Leave because our pvp viability is only registered in small group scale, and with the large sized WF's it's diminished to nill effectiveness.

    In other words. Leave for a real reason instead of the BS excuse of lack of dmg. Group up with a war, and parse a real spec. You'll find it surprising and refreshing that you'll out dps generally every class on bosses rather easily, or at least competitive if your spec is sub-optimal.

    Enjoy your time in rift, good luck on your next class.
    i suppose dps numbers depend on spec and who you play with. my cleric friend can beat me on ranged dps if it's a fight where he never has to move, but any movement and ill either tie him or barely beat him as ranged. when i melee i beat him of course but only when i melee. i put cleric dps at or above ours based on my experience... also warrior ranged dps is higher than ours, the only time we beat them is with a ranger spec that has an unreliable pet, but i dont count those specs since that is a hybrid with melee, true range fights have no melee at all...

    but i generally beat mages with my melee dps too... and im right behind warriors so our melee is pretty good. just we are the jack of all master of none class. we do good melee dps, good ranged dps, good healing, but we are beat in each category by the alternatives only beating a few specs in some of them in some situations... would be nice to be best at something... at least we have stealth!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    If you have been paying attention on the forums, people are saying that rogues suck at level 50, not while leveling, so I'm not sure what your problem is.
    What I'm saying is, from what I have personally seen and from what I've read in the forums the class does not look as complete as Mages, Warriors or Clerics. Half @$$ CC, Dmg and survivability, no thank you. I am shelving the class for something better, for now. Hopefully Trion will make some much needed changes.

    What did I expect to hear from you all? Someone might of disagreed and told me how I was wrong, told me how it was worth it when ya hit 50...something. The fact that no one disagreed, says something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts