+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cadence 55 damage at level 34

Plane Touched

Default cadence 55 damage at level 34

Yay. When I go to PvP, i get to try to nuke down someomes 3,500 life 55hp at a time. Oh yea, Then I see the usuall 1,000 damage crit inc.

Playing bard in this game.
    fml.

Soulwalker

you do know that bard is a group support class right? If you want to DPS someone try going sab, assassin, marksman etc.

the problem here is the "trying to nuke down..." with a bard.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-06-2011 at 10:19 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Soulwalker

Bards are designed as a support class. We make everyone look better at what they do. We help DPS do damage. We help healers heal. We help tanks take less damage. Multi-target buffs and debuffs can have a larger impact than you can guess. Especially when we do so many things all at the same time. Look at the fact that you helped defeat every enemy and helped save every ally. I know it is harder to look at that and point out your benefit, but good players know what you did. Good people make certain you KNOW they know what you did.

Plane Touched

except 70hp heal every second doesn't help anyone, besides people that have pets on them.

Buffs don't stack at all.

Buffs don't stack with other player's buffs. Not to mention other classes can do this better with more DPS/heal.

Support, I guess from what you are telling me, is = "bad healer, bad buffer, and aoe debuffer".

If so , why can't we do more with debuffs. Like I DON"T KNOW DEBUFF HEALING! Thats the only important debuff in PVP and we (the support class) don't even get it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    the problem here is the "trying to nuke down..." with a bard.
    Well, nuking = healing i guess. and 55 hp = 65-70ish healing. Pretty pathetic I think. Tell me what is better.

Keeping a few people healed through pet damage.
    On wasting (DPSing) a person in a few seconds, so the group has 1 less pvp person to deal with. Means less time spent on healing damage he was going to do.

Why even be a bard? Buffs don't stack. Mez gets broken by everyone's huge array of AOE spells. And we get to run away when anyone tries to take us down.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skald View Post
    you do know that bard is a group support class right? If you want to DPS someone try going sab, assassin, marksman etc.
    I wish I felt like support. Instead I feel like a weak buff bot and a gimped healer.

Where is the real debuffs. Real CC, ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post
    I wish I felt like support. Instead I feel like a weak buff bot and a gimped healer.

Where is the real debuffs. Real CC, ?
    everything adds up, motif of regen + cadence might not be a lot, but yes, its far better than nothing. Cadence builds combo points faster than any other Global CD ability allowing you to spam the big 500 heal, which crits often for over 900. Just think of it as the calm before the storm, or in this case, the tylenol before the morhpine!

Plane Touched

I wouldn't expect cadence to be doing major damage, the way I see it it is purely a combo builder, and if it was some kind of major dot/channel what would warlorks do then?

But 55 does seem a little bit weak.

Shadowlander

Virtuoso More

Soulwalker

Don't confine yourself to such limited thinking. Nothing says you have to use cadence in PvP. There are 7(8) other souls. Get the buffs you want in the bard tree to help support your team AND get a good ranged sequence from the other trees.

You'll have reasonable damage and provide support all at the same time. Flat out owning people in burst dps? No, but that's not the point of bard.

Soulwalker

Cadence DPS _is_ sub par.

But it lets a bard build combo/attack points at close to twice the speed and close to half the energy costs of any other spammable 0 point bard or warrior ability. And do it at range. Nonstop.

On a sustained basis, a bard can pump out finishers much faster than any other rogue soul, or can pump them out just as fast while finding time to spam a few motifs every 30 seconds.

Now admittedly, this is not so awesome in PvP, where burst damage, immunities and cc are all the phat. But the bard is hardly the only soul with PVP "issues".

+ Reply to Thread