+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranged Autoattack switching off whilst moving! plus BUGGED Ranged Autoattack

Soulwalker

Exclamation Ranged Autoattack switching off whilst moving! plus BUGGED Ranged Autoattack

Hi,

As a Ranger/Marksman I spend an awful lot of points improving the damage of my autoattack, yet I discover today when I was testing specs that I stop autoattacking with my bow when I start moving!

This seems highly unfair and potentially bugged when you can quite happily melee autoattck and move at the same time!

This bug? also effects mage wands...

Also more rare but very testable - sometimes ranged autoattack switches itself off entirely for no valid reason... standing still at a practice dummy, not moving - firing away and half way through a 2 or 3 minute assult ranged auto attack stops firing COMPLETELY!

Ludovic

It's not a bug. There's a Marksman ability that explicitly allows you to auto attack while moving, so we can safely assume that it's intended.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

lol did you play sabo/assa/nb when it was good i had to put auto attack into my priority cause it would always turn off
    Last edited by Mercuryy; 04-06-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryy View Post
    lol did you play sabo/assa/nb when it was good i had to put auto attack into my priority cause it would always turn off
    Bombs turn off auto attack I believe. Rather annoying, and yeah it can be a rather significant DPS loss if you don't realize it since you'll lose the auto attacks plus poison procs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryy View Post
    "when it was good"

http://www.staysmallnerds.com/rogue-...cond-role.html

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    It's not a bug. There's a Marksman ability that explicitly allows you to auto attack while moving, so we can safely assume that it's intended.
    Uhh... What ability is this?

Soulwalker

There is no such ability! So can we safely assume it's not working as intended? ie BUGGED!
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 3GHz
    MB: ABit IP35 Pro
    RAM: GSkill 4GB DDR2 800
    HDD: OCZ RevodriveX2 240Gb
    GPU: Evga GTX580
    AUDIO: Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1

Rift Disciple

This isn't a bug. Ranged auto attacks don't fire while moving. It's like that in pretty much every other MMO known to man. And yes there is a Marksman cooldown that allows ranged auto attacks to fire while moving for 15 seconds. It's called Hit and Run. It's the 14 point skill.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbreck View Post
    This isn't a bug. Ranged auto attacks don't fire while moving. It's like that in pretty much every other MMO known to man. And yes there is a Marksman cooldown that allows ranged auto attacks to fire while moving for 15 seconds. It's called Hit and Run. It's the 14 point skill.
    Yep, Hit and Run.

"A maneuver that allows the execution of Ranged Auto Attacks while moving"

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/10606...=1/Hit-and-Run

A maneuver that allows the execution of ranged Auto Attacks while moving, causes Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot to become instant cast and causes Empowered Shot to have no cooldown. Lasts 15 seconds. This ability does not trigger global cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Soulwalker

Yep, Hit and Run.

"A maneuver that allows the execution of Ranged Auto Attacks while moving"
    Bah... I stand corrected...

Seems a tad unfair melee can move and auto without using a 15sec ability every 2 mins
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 3GHz
    MB: ABit IP35 Pro
    RAM: GSkill 4GB DDR2 800
    HDD: OCZ RevodriveX2 240Gb
    GPU: Evga GTX580
    AUDIO: Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
    Bah... I stand corrected...

Seems a tad unfair melee can move and auto without using a 15sec ability every 2 mins
    Not really.

Melee suffers this bug where if you stand within melee range while the boss does an pbaoe, your screen turns grey, and you cant move nor attack.
    Last edited by Reyo; 04-07-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

No, you're not supposed to autoattack while moving, however there is most definitely a bug with autoattack nonetheless. Not only ranged, but melee as well. Numerous times I've noticed during parsing whilst attacking the dummy, or at other times, that my autoattack simply isn't on and I have to unclick and reclick the enemy to get it to resume.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 04-07-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Telaran

He might mean that the autoattack while standing still..
    I have this bug, and its very annoying, the character just stops shooting for some weird reason!

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gged&p=1943016 Here's another thread from a week ago or so regarding the same issue.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast