+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The most OP class in the game... MARKSMAN

Rift Disciple too_legit_to_rift's Avatar

Default The most OP class in the game... MARKSMAN

So lately there have been a LOT of "omg pyro op!" threads and "omg look how much damage pyro can do!?!?". It seems pretty obvious the community agrees that the pyro soul is by far one of the most potent ones in the game. It is deadly if you're caught within pyros range and if a power-up orb is involved gg.

What many people are failing to see is what the TRUE op class in this game is. MARKSMAN rogues. If the common knowledge is pyros are the most op class in the game, and Marksman rogues cand EASILY beat a pyro by simply out ranging it, does it not then mean that the one class that can beat the so called "most op class in the game" is actually the best class in the game? Most people don't even think Marksman is op, but it is. No class should simply be able to stand outside of the range of a pyro in GOS.

I believe that Marksman is in fact the most mega-wizard-ultra-master-caster-op class in this game. What was trion thinking when they made it so a class could simply and easily out range a pyro? That is not very fun game play at ALL for a pyro. If a pyro has to move from GOS to attack what is the point of GOS? If trion wants to fix Marksman being so op, they could simply add a +10m to attack distance with GOS and this would make the game much more enjoyable for all of the pyros out there.

Please listen to my post.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by too_legit_to_rift View Post
    So lately there have been a LOT of "omg pyro op!" threads and "omg look how much damage pyro can do!?!?". It seems pretty obvious the community agrees that the pyro soul is by far one of the most potent ones in the game. It is deadly if you're caught within pyros range and if a power-up orb is involved gg.

What many people are failing to see is what the TRUE op class in this game is. MARKSMAN rogues. If the common knowledge is pyros are the most op class in the game, and Marksman rogues cand EASILY beat a pyro by simply out ranging it, does it not then mean that the one class that can beat the so called "most op class in the game" is actually the best class in the game? Most people don't even think Marksman is op, but it is. No class should simply be able to stand outside of the range of a pyro in GOS.

I believe that Marksman is in fact the most mega-wizard-ultra-master-caster-op class in this game. What was trion thinking when they made it so a class could simply and easily out range a pyro? That is not very fun game play at ALL for a pyro. If a pyro has to move from GOS to attack what is the point of GOS? If trion wants to fix Marksman being so op, they could simply add a +10m to attack distance with GOS and this would make the game much more enjoyable for all of the pyros out there.

Wait... are you actually implying that people use TACTICS to kill mages? No wai!

Soulwalker

r.i.p. pyro's

mass reroll marks inc

Sword of Telara

Champion of Telara

flicker -> heatwave -> instant cast snare/stun -> -> GoS -> (optional stun/snare) -> 5k crit -> 5k crit -> dead marksman. Nice try

Better, yet. Smart mage moves out of YOUR range, and lets a teammate kill you as he baits you closer.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 04-06-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Rift Chaser

Marksman need to have a range of 80 meters to make up for their lack of dps
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Telaran

*sniff* *sniff* *tear* Poor Poor Pyro.... someone killed you? Something must not be right!!!! How dare an arrow penetrate a DRESS!!!!
    NERF the Marksman to the GROUND!!!!

Its QQ like this that makes games bad.
    Last edited by Blainne; 04-06-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/244_0badbb8e69c78381.png

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Blainne View Post
    *sniff* *sniff* *tear* Poor Poor Pyro.... someone killed you? Something must not be right!!!!

NERF the Marksman to the GROUND!!!!
    sorry he is already in the ground, next level is underground

You sir are genius. Have some 10 internetz.

This means I have a chance to bore Pyro to death. Huray... I gonna go respec now.

Prophet of Telara

Since their(MM) DPS isn't generally that high, the Pyro could always just step outside of their range instead of standing there dying like an idiot, couldn't he? Sounds like a stalemate to me.

On the other hand, you could just rush the MM and kill him faster than he can kill you with your high damage compared to his low damage...
    Last edited by Calo; 04-06-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Successful troll is extremely successful.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Plane Touched

MM is the lowest ranged dps IN THE GAME.

If the most OP dps class in the game (pyro) is getting killed by the most UP dps class in the game (MM) then congrats short-bus, you are rtarded.

Note, i do not think Pyro should be nerfed, I think MM should be buffed. The entire premis of this thread is stupid at best, troll heavy at worste. You are being hit by an MM at 35m? That is usually the equivalent of a light breeze.

GO TO ROGUE FORUMS> LOOK AT MM PARSES> REALISE U B RTARDED

Mage fail! way to get pwned as the best pvp class by the worste pvp class.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-06-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Successful troll is extremely successful.
    This^^^^^^^

Is Foof playing? I miss Volkmar.

Champion of Telara

was I the only person to understand the OP was /sarcasim

Or do that many of the population really think MM is a usefull rogue soul??
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

I LMPOSVMCFOAISMT*

*I laughed my posterior off so vigorously my cilinder fell off and I spilt my tea

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    MM is the lowest ranged dps IN THE GAME.
    If the most OP dps class in the game (pyro) is getting killed by the most UP dps class in the game (MM) then congrats short-bus, you are rtarded.
    Note, i do not think Pyro should be nerfed, I think MM should be buffed. The entire premis of this thread is stupid at best, troll heavy at worste. You are being hit by an MM at 35m? That is usually the equivalent of a light breeze.
    GO TO ROGUE FORUMS> LOOK AT MM PARSES> REALISE U B RTARDED
    Mage fail! way to get pwned as the best pvp class by the worste pvp class.
    You might be right about PVE.

In PvP you are completely wrong,MM is FAR from the worst pvp class(actually its one of the best rogue souls for Warfront PvPin), and I see more and more rogues going MMs every passing day.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-06-2011 at 10:41 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast