+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What rep to grind as a 50 rogue?

Telaran

Default What rep to grind as a 50 rogue?

Curious to see what the fellow rogues are going for PvE rep-wise. I don't see the Dragonslayer or Order of Mathos rep being worth it for the rewards given.

Ascendant

You'll want max rep with pretty much every faction eventually for the enchants. The rest is more or less meaningless since you'll have better items by the time you could buy any gear from them.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

I did Mathos dailies for a while but have stopped lately. Honestly, the Glorified Mathos belt enchant is only barely better than the Runeguard one which is much easier to obtain. I'll probably take part in some AOE grind raids or something, but I'm not in any rush. The same is true for IPP/Shimmer, but you can just speedrun normal AP/CC or do experts to raise them.

For now, there are much better ways for me to spend my time than grinding faction.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I did Mathos dailies for a while but have stopped lately. Honestly, the Glorified Mathos belt enchant is only barely better than the Runeguard one which is much easier to obtain. I'll probably take part in some AOE grind raids or something, but I'm not in any rush. The same is true for IPP/Shimmer, but you can just speedrun normal AP/CC or do experts to raise them.

For now, there are much better ways for me to spend my time than grinding faction.
    I agree with this guy. The runes are marginally better and ridiculously more expensive than the lower tier ones. I stopped grinding. If this is what Trion thinks is an enjoyable experience for us, I'll move on to another game.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

0, dont rep grind for an unnoticeable upgrade in stats. until they make AP mean anything there is no reason, you may squeeze 10dps from gaining all the upgrades... whooptydoo!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    0, dont rep grind for an unnoticeable upgrade in stats. until they make AP mean anything there is no reason, you may squeeze 10dps from gaining all the upgrades... whooptydoo!!
    I think 10 DPS is over estimating it, actually. I'd be surprised if it's more than 5.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

That's what I thought - they really need to upgrade the rep rewards, or the dailies are meaningless. I am a weaponsmith, are there at least any decent weapon recipes that anyone knows of?
    Last edited by Psomatose; 04-06-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psomatose View Post
    That's what I thought - they really need to upgrade the rep rewards, or the dailies are meaningless. I am a weaponsmith, are there at least any decent weapon recipes that anyone knows of?
    Only those from drops and the ones you can buy from the "no plaque" dailies.
    Last edited by Sayaka; 04-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

Telaran

Icewatch in Iron Pine Peaks is probably worth the daily grind. You need rep with them for the epic questline. Getting revered takes a while (or a ton of AP runs), and I'd recommend doing dailies to reduce your needed AP run numbers.

Icewatch rep is well worth it for the awesome tank trinket.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Icewatch rep is well worth it for the awesome tank trinket.
    I prefer the proc-based 500 absorb one. I don't even use the Icewatch one.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    I prefer the proc-based 500 absorb one. I don't even use the Icewatch one.
    For a boss fight I'd rather have extra 1.5k ace the hole than a random proc. Proc works out in a long run but it's not available on-demand for the Oh-$h!t moments.

+ Reply to Thread