+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The final points in PvE Bard - what is best after 51 b/8 nb?

Telaran

Default The final points in PvE Bard - what is best after 51 b/8 nb?

5 in RS for 15% AP, and 2 points for whatever ya like?
    5 in RNG for 5% crit, and 4% ranged auto attack dmg, dmg reduc, or whatever, and the ability to use a ranged weap for cadence (thus boosting it's damage)
    Or 5 in Sab for 15% dex and aoe slow (maybe sometimes situationally useful?)

Every thread I see gives a different answer.

I prefer to stick all 15 points in NB, 51BRD/15NB build gives you an option to improve your damage on codas as well as cadence. If all you're doing is spamming Cadence+CoR you're not playing your bard to full potential.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    I prefer to stick all 15 points in NB, 51BRD/15NB build gives you an option to improve your damage on codas as well as cadence. If all you're doing is spamming Cadence+CoR you're not playing your bard to full potential.
    Yeah, I think that's pretty obvious for all parties involved here. That being said, I'm not concerned about increasing damage of codas necessarily.

Any other opinions?

51/10/5 Bard/NB/RS

5 in the +15% AP in RS and the 2 remaining points in Coup de Grace.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    51/10/5 Bard/NB/RS

5 in the +15% AP in RS and the 2 remaining points in Coup de Grace.
    I've heard that before, but I've also heard AP scales horribly, ranged weapon damage is higher than single hand melee, and crit is important. Do we have any numbers to prove this is the best option?

Personally I go 15 NB specifically so I have a 0 point Soul and can switch it on the fly. Sometimes I want 0 pt Sab so I can mez-blast things to death when soloing, sometimes I want Break Free, and sometimes I want Side Steps for tanking 8 invasions at the same time when I blow Virtuoso. The 0 point Soul gives me the flexibility I prefer without having to head back to a Class trainer.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

6 points in ranger gets you 5% crit and 48ap instinct.

+ Reply to Thread