+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman and Ranger build viable?

Question Marksman and Ranger build viable?

i want to pretty much wana focus on marksman, but i would like to have the pet from the rangers

so my question is with my classes as, Marksman and Saboteur and Ranger, can i have a pet out at all times? and/or is it worth it cause my pet will be weak by endgame?

im new so dont be to harsh:, but this is a question i need answered, thanks

For leveling, go Ranger/NB/whatever. Marksman is not a good primary leveling soul.

If you invest points in ranger soul the pet will be usable at all levels. 51RNG/15NB is a solid DPS spec for experts even in endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    For leveling, go Ranger/NB/whatever. Marksman is not a good primary leveling soul.

If you invest points in ranger soul the pet will be usable at all levels. 51RNG/15NB is a solid DPS spec for experts even in endgame.
    my idea was to max Marksman, but ur saying ranger is the way to go?and not to even have marksman?

so for PvP is it better to do Ranger/NB/Marksman or Ranger/NB/Saboteur?

maybe i need to check the character planner again, but thanks for any help!

I run MM primarily for leveling and it works very well. Your off soul is key for survivability. I use Bladedancer which gives an excellent increase to dodge but I've heard of others using Rift Stalker.

A mob will usually be a a quarter health by the time it closes to you and can be finished off in melee quickly and easily. No need for a pet to tank.

Further, if multliple mobs are pulled pop 'Sidesteps' and the BD aoe attack, which build combo points on one target, allowing it be finished then moving onto the next, already weakened by the aoe. Quite easy to survive 3+ mobs.

Basic razorbeast in ranger will last till 30 then it won't level any more. The problem with marksman is that mobs will come up in your face and while there are point blank finishers as well as combo builders you're gonna find yourself running away a lot without something to keep aggro off you, especially a problem when you get adds. It's far easier and faster to grind with ranger-based build than marksman.

These are recommendations, play what you want and see, re-specs are very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyGB View Post
    I run MM primarily for leveling and it works very well. Your off soul is key for survivability. I use Bladedancer which gives an excellent increase to dodge but I've heard of others using Rift Stalker.

A mob will usually be a a quarter health by the time it closes to you and can be finished off in melee quickly and easily. No need for a pet to tank.
    Further, if multliple mobs are pulled pop 'Sidesteps' and the BD aoe attack, which build combo points on one target, allowing it be finished then moving onto the next, already weakened by the aoe. Quite easy to survive 3+ mobs.
    what i was thinkin, but survivability, i guess i need to take a second look at classes to back up the marksman

Try Bladedancer. Not many use it but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I run 8 points in 'Sin for my third for the crits & the poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyGB View Post
    Try Bladedancer. Not many use it but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I run 8 points in 'Sin for my third for the crits & the poisons.
    BD/Sin/NB is hands down the best leveling combo I have tried.

Ranger/MM/NB is second.

I have literally almost zero downtime with BD/Sin/NB and can solo 20k HP mobs with Sidesteps, a pot, and maybe a soul shard consumable.

Marksman is terrible for leveling because eventually the pet gets out leveled and dies quickly.

Editing a post is not an admission of error, it is the application of an improved content patch.

+ Reply to Thread