+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enduring brew useless?

Soulwalker

Default Enduring brew useless?

i was looking at the description for enduring brew and it sounds horrible. so you get about 250 hp instantly back, but take a dot that does about 160 damage over 12 seconds. at level 50 it doesnt even seem useful at all. if you keep popping it the healing goes down by 20% each time, but the dot doesnt. your killing yourself. anyone wanna reply on how this is can be used?

Rift Chaser

PvE = useless.. PvP = CC breaker.

I'd love it if they changed it from a heal to something like +50 energy.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

i guess a CC breaker, but you have to pop it before you are CC'd. so going into battle with it on doesnt seem like a good idea
    Last edited by kingbrolly; 04-06-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Shadowlander

It's great to counter Dominators who are chain squirreling you. They might get you the first time, but once you pop this they won't be able to keep you down.

Soulwalker

needs to be a bigger heal and bigger dot. healing debuff is fine. 250 hp is nothing at 50. need at least 800-1k with 700-850ish dot and the 20% heal debuff stacking each time its used.

for a skill so high up in the tree you would expect its effectiveness to be much better than what it currently offers, but currently its a CC breaker as others mentioned - nothing else

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak X View Post
    It's great to counter Dominators who are chain squirreling you. They might get you the first time, but once you pop this they won't be able to keep you down.

Go read the Dom tree again.

Rift Disciple

It's beneficial over time, especially when grinding. Since the heal outweighs the dot, use it once and you gain a few hundred free HP. The dot also doesn't break your own stealth, which is fairly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrolly View Post
    i was looking at the description for enduring brew and it sounds horrible. so you get about 250 hp instantly back, but take a dot that does about 160 damage over 12 seconds. at level 50 it doesnt even seem useful at all. if you keep popping it the healing goes down by 20% each time, but the dot doesnt. your killing yourself. anyone wanna reply on how this is can be used?
    used once its not that great but the cooldown is very short n i try n spam my on every CD then it starts to make a diff when u hit it 5 times in a fight+ a pot

I've used it quite a bit in both pve and pvp. In pve it just helps eliminate downtime, and in pvp it can keep you alive just a tad longer. I'd be fine with a bigger heal and bigger penalty afterwards. BTW, it doesn't seem to be a CC breaker like people keep saying, only the first tick of damage breaks anything, the rest of the ticks don't interupt anything, not even stealth.

Rift scavenger is way better for pve, the brew heals around 500 hp maximum, which is just a waste of a GCD considering how much damage mobs tend to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

+ Reply to Thread