+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh 50 RS TANK...gear?

Shadowlander

Default Fresh 50 RS TANK...gear?

Hello everyone! I just hit 50 and I am enjoying the game very much. I decided since my warrior partner is rerolling cleric that I would tank since I had dabbled a bit while levelling and i was pretty good at it. I was just wondering from here if i should finish stilmoor and hope there are rogue tanking item rewards or do regular instances. So far i need one more plaque for the outfitter chestpiece and im trying to have the tanking mace made for me and i got the tanking items that artificers make.
    So i guess i have two questions.
    Where to get gear the quickest?
    What stat caps should i aim for before hitting T1s?
    Thanks for taking time to read and respond xD

50 Toughness is ideal for T1 expert instances. You can do them with less, but since you can just buy chest+pants to hit that, there's no reason to take extra crit damage when it's so easy to prevent.

I'd recommend putting together a second Planar Essence configuration with defensive essences. Being able to swap back and forth between one with str/dex/crit and dex/end/dodge or whatever is pretty nice. Not required but it can be a decent chunk of health and dodge, plus some of the greater essences are pretty nice for tanking.

If you haven't done normal AP and CC a few times, you probably want to start off there before trying experts.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i was thinking of running ap/cc a few times for practice anyway...on my server no one is selling decent planar essences atm..wasted 7500 plarite for another empty belt. Wahhh.

Shadowlander

Do you think its a problem of lets say 60% of my gear is still dps even though i get the toughness cap lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tezaro View Post
    Where to get gear the quickest?
    • Start with chain-running Charmer's Caldera (CC) and Abyssal Precipice (AP). There are a *few* drops in there, if i remember correctly.
    • Get the Wayward Brigandine (Outfitter, Icewatch Notoriety), Steeled Leather Boots (Outfitter, Artisian Marks), and Steeled Leather Leggings (Outfitter, Artisian Marks) crafted to fill any "holes" in your gear setup.
    • Go out and hunt any remaining Level 50 Puzzles and Cairns in the zones for chances at free Rare/Epic loot.
    • Get a Flawless Source Machine (Focus vendor in Sanctum/Meridian) and fill it up with the tanking Lesser Essences (Endurance/Dodge) from the Whitefall Rare Planar Goods vendor in Iron Pine Peaks (they are NOT unique-equip). Find a couple Greater Essences on the AH that you like.

What stat caps should i aim for before hitting T1s?
    • Toughness: 50 (For T1)
    • Hit: As much as you can get/need to feel comfortable with threat generation (50 is, again, the T1 cap).

Good luck, and have fun!
    Synnaria :: The Syndicate :: Byriel
    - - - - -
    50 Rogue :: Tank | Support | DPS

Do you think its a problem of lets say 60% of my gear is still dps even though i get the toughness cap lol
    I did my first T1's with ~3 DPS-oriented pieces. It wasn't too bad.

I would say your success will hinge on how much effective health you have, how good you are at getting your finisher buffs rolling quickly and efficiently after shift-pulling, and whether you're running with a Main Healer + Support/Off-Healer or just a Main Healer (again, dependent on your skill to interweave your cool-downs until you obtain enough gear to give you a pretty nice buffer).
    Synnaria :: The Syndicate :: Byriel
    - - - - -
    50 Rogue :: Tank | Support | DPS

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Synnaria View Post
    • Start with chain-running Charmer's Caldera (CC) and Abyssal Precipice (AP). There are a *few* drops in there, if i remember correctly.
    • Get the Wayward Brigandine (Outfitter, Icewatch Notoriety), Steeled Leather Boots (Outfitter, Artisian Marks), and Steeled Leather Leggings (Outfitter, Artisian Marks) crafted to fill any "holes" in your gear setup.
    • Go out and hunt any remaining Level 50 Puzzles and Cairns in the zones for chances at free Rare/Epic loot.
    • Get a Flawless Source Machine (Focus vendor in Sanctum/Meridian) and fill it up with the tanking Lesser Essences (Endurance/Dodge) from the Whitefall Rare Planar Goods vendor in Iron Pine Peaks (they are NOT unique-equip). Find a couple Greater Essences on the AH that you like.

• Toughness: 50 (For T1)
    • Hit: As much as you can get/need to feel comfortable with threat generation (50 is, again, the T1 cap).

Good luck, and have fun!
    Thanks for this!
    I will be doing all of the above when I get on! Ill let you know what I come up with

+ Reply to Thread