+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Gear?

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Gear?

Ok I know i want dexterity, attack power, crit, endurance and hit. But what speed of weapons do I want for melee rogue souls and can I use those same weapons as a ranged dps role?

Highest DPS possible. If it's a choice between two weapons of the same DPS, go for the faster one (unless the slower one has much better dex/crit/etc on it). As a Nightblade or Sab at range, the same weapons are good. Ranger and MM obviously use your ranged weapon instead, and again, you want to follow the same rules.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

weapon speed has nothing to do with damage, except you will do auto attacks slightly faster and might proc slightly more. damage has been nomalized. so that means you want to look for the highest DPS on the weapon. ranged attacks for MM/ranger are based off of your ranged weapon. sabos/NB are ranged melee and are based off the main hand weapon.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrolly View Post
    weapon speed has nothing to do with damage, except you will do auto attacks slightly faster and might proc slightly more. damage has been nomalized. so that means you want to look for the highest DPS on the weapon. ranged attacks for MM/ranger are based off of your ranged weapon. sabos/NB are ranged melee and are based off the main hand weapon.
    Except that "proc slightly more" = more damage, which is the entire point.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 04-06-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Plane Touched

yeah before the servers came down for the 2nd time today i bought 2 lvl 29 boe blue daggers for about 4 platinum. should be a good move in the right direction. Thnx for the information guys, is there a site or someplace where i can go read more into my class?

+ Reply to Thread