+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dexterity and crit bonuses

Telaran

Default Dexterity and crit bonuses

Just on page one of this forum I see various posts about the 5% crit bonus from ranger. Most of you probably already know this but the 15% dex increase from sab or blade dancer will also increase your physical crit chance by more than the 5% offers. This may only help you if ranger was an off soul just for that 5 point bonus.

No it doesn't, unless you have somehow found a way to have around 800 dex.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

Ill post numbers soon as servers are back up..

Plane Touched

800dex before the 15% seems nearly impossible atm, at least unbuffed.

Ascendant

You need ~520 Dex before the 15% in order to get 5% crit from it.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You need ~520 Dex before the 15% in order to get 5% crit from it.
    520 base dex would mean you get 78 from +15%. 78 Dex gives 78 Crit Rating. 78 Crit Rating does not give you 5% crit.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    520 base dex would mean you get 78 from +15%. 78 Dex gives 78 Crit Rating. 78 Crit Rating does not give you 5% crit.
    Part of the problem is that every resource you can find has different conversion rates, but the one I most commonly see is 15.5 Crit = 1%, which would make 78 Crit give 5.03% crit. I pretty much only post when I'm at work so I can never double-check. WTB a reliable source, sigh.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Telaran

is the 5% added without increasing the crit rating directly? if so i may stand corrected but until i can see my numbers i wont be positive. I know my crit rating is higher now than it was with the 5% crit

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Part of the problem is that every resource you can find has different conversion rates, but the one I most commonly see is 15.5 Crit = 1%, which would make 78 Crit give 5.03% crit. I pretty much only post when I'm at work so I can never double-check. WTB a reliable source, sigh.
    With 850 crit rating, my base crit (ignoring the % talents and such) is about 31%. At 15.5 crit per 1%, it would be 55%.

It is not possible for 15% dex to give 5% crit right now, even with full BiS Greenscale gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rpyr0 View Post
    is the 5% added without increasing the crit rating directly? if so i may stand corrected but until i can see my numbers i wont be positive. I know my crit rating is higher now than it was with the 5% crit
    This is why you are mistaken, yep. +5% Crit from assassin/ranger does not affect your crit rating at all. If you mouse over your Crit on your stats tab, it will show 30% + 5% and then show that your displayed crit rating is giving you 30% crit.

Telaran

Ah, well I also have assassin in my spec so I still see that +5% as well.

Plane Touched

It seems like Dex has diminishing returns in terms of its crit/dodge increase.

By this I mean it is under a "soft cap" which explains why the calculations posted on these forums are so off. There is likely no simply conversion as it is not a linear equation.

I would think that ranger is a better off soul for sustained ranged rogue dps. You get 5% crit (which would need a huge amount of dex to be equivalent i believe) AND you get +4% ranged dmg if you go that far. This would also get you the +46 AP buff. Most rangers use the crit buff, so this can easily help your raid without being negated by another rangers.

if you only have 5 points to spare, i can see how Sabo dex +15% might be a better choice, but I think ranger is a much better choice for ranged rogues, if they have 7 points to spare.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-06-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Is attack power not important to any rogue in Rift? All I hear is crit this, crit that.....

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by eunomios View Post
    Is attack power not important to any rogue in Rift? All I hear is crit this, crit that.....
    It's because a 1% increase in Attack power is like a 0.2-0.3% increase in net damage (maybe, depends on the ability), but a 1% increase in crit is 0.5% increase in damage (or more).

The final damage from an ability has weapon damage + attack power damage + a fixed number that's often larger than either of the first two. A crit hit feeds off all of three.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 04-06-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eunomios View Post
    With the way gear is itemized and how AP affects damage, it's better to stack crit in just about every situation currently.

I've built up a decent amount of +AP items and banked them, hopefully some time soon I'll have time to parse some setups to compare. Since 1 AP is twice as expensive as 1 Crit on items, I want to put together one set of armor with a certain amount of AP and Crit, and then another set that has, say 50 more AP but 100 less crit and compare DPS, to demonstrate that the itemization budget is seriously out of whack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast