+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Hit cap and talents --- Greenscale here we come!

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Hit cap and talents --- Greenscale here we come!

So... I am a MM/NB rogue whom recently hit 50, and I am trying to get my hit cap up so that I can run greenscale with my guild.

0 hit points (+0%) = T1
    100 hit points (+20%) = T2
    200 hit points (+40%) = Greenscale

But what about our rogue talents? is the 40% hit from 200 hit points the cap? Can MM skills raise it past this 40%? Does the +3% ranged hit from MM's "sharpshooter" stack with Bladdancer's +5% from "combat expertise"?

Basically... could I get 48% hit if i respec and had 200 hit points? If so... why does no one do this?

Ascendant

The cap for raids is actually more like 221 than 200.

Going over that % via talents is worthless. If you take the talents, then you drop hit from gear to end up at the same place.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Plane Touched

Ok, so for now... i should take the talents so that I can do decent dmg (via increased hit chance) in T1/T2. When their are openings in greenscale, I would potentially be able to contribute a little more.

After i get some good hit gear, I might as well spec out of my hit since it is overkill?

Do you know if MM hit talent and BD hit talents stack?

Ascendant

No reason to expect that they wouldn't.

Plane Touched

I know that the warrior hit talents do not stack, which is why i ask. They are from two different trees, i think beast and champ or something (i don't know much about warriors lol).

Plane Touched

I will test it tonight when i respec and repost on this forum IF THEY DO NOT STACK.

For the record (and assuming the mob can't block, which few mobs can) putting points into the MM talents "sharpshooter" and "sniper training", as well as putting points into BD's "combat expertise" would effectively increase your hit points by 55 (11% hit increase to ranged attacks).

This is a pretty serious increase to those of us in T1 gear. As I get good T2, I would swap out BD for ranger to get the crit chance increase and ranged dmg back (plus the attack power buff).

Thanks for the help Pess, u rock!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    I know that the warrior hit talents do not stack, which is why i ask. They are from two different trees, i think beast and champ or something (i don't know much about warriors lol).
    I doubt that as well. Static passives are pretty straightforward, and should essentially always stack.

hit cap is 225 which is 45% if you have 200 then i would seek out hit enchants for weps,armor before trying to make a spec for it and I probaly wouldn't be playing MM because its a fairly low dps soec

For time's sake here's my build I laid out if you wanted to try it, its pretty easy rotation and is pretty much the top dps rogue spec or 1 of them

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Moc.0VRcx0b.Vo

Rotation, Dark Malady --> Fiery Spike--> Puncture --> Scourge of Darkness
    Usually start with Ebon Fury but if you're afraid of pulling aggro at start just do
    Dust Strike --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Blazing then above

Then its just
    Dust Strike --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Blazing/Headshot
    Puncture --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Blazing/Headshot

Having a fiery spike on your target nets you a free combo point after using blazing strike so only need to use primal twice, sub fiery spike in when at ranged.

Key Points, never use puncture and Dust strike in same rotation to 5 Combo points

atm in t1/t2 gear i'm having trouble not dying for pulling aggro even though I wait as long as other dps. currently doing 700-1000dps in raid with buffs at least on prince which is a heavy moving fight (4th boss in gs)
    Last edited by Forelune; 04-06-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forelune View Post
    hit cap is 225 which is 45% if you have 200 then i would seek out hit enchants for weps,armor before trying to make a spec for it and I probaly wouldn't be playing MM because its a fairly low dps soec

For time's sake here's my build I laid out if you wanted to try it, its pretty easy rotation and is pretty much the top dps rogue spec or 1 of them

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Moc.0VRcx0b.Vo

Rotation, Dark Malady --> Fiery Spike--> Puncture --> Scourge of Darkness
    Usually start with Ebon Fury but if you're afraid of pulling aggro at start just do
    Dust Strike --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Blazing then above

Then its just
    Dust Strike --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Blazing/Headshot
    Puncture --> Primal Strike --> Primal Strike --> Blazing/Headshot

Having a fiery spike on your target nets you a free combo point after using blazing strike so only need to use primal twice, sub fiery spike in when at ranged.

Key Points, never use puncture and Dust strike in same rotation to 5 Combo points

atm in t1/t2 gear i'm having trouble not dying for pulling aggro even though I wait as long as other dps. currently doing 700-1000dps in raid with buffs at least on prince which is a heavy moving fight (4th boss in gs)

edit - http://img62.imageshack.us/f/unledv.png/
    screenshot of my not missing any of my hits, that does say duke in the title but that's just duke from prince encounter

Plane Touched

Well for now my hit rating is very low (89) so i will spec fully hit until I get through T1/T2. My guild is short handed, so this will get me to about 144 hit point equivalent (assuming the mob cannot block, most cannot). I know that this isn't nearly enough but for now we are just learning the greenscale bosses.

My MM build is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.VhtMu0xMo.VM

I will swap BD for ranger once i get decent gear.

My rotation is very similar to your own, but an MM equivalent, relying heavily on NB. The forums have suggested that this can get close to 700 rDPS in full T2. I understand that your spec will ALWAYS out damage this build, but I really enjoy being a non-pet based ranged dps.

I suppose I am also hoping an MM buff is inc... knowing Trion, it will just be more rogue nerfs. We are 'clearly' OP after all.....
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-06-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Well for now my hit rating is very low (89) so i will spec fully hit until I get through T1/T2. My guild is short handed, so this will get me to about 144 hit point equivalent (assuming the mob cannot block, most cannot). I know that this isn't nearly enough but for now we are just learning the greenscale bosses.

My MM build is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.VhtMu0xMo.VM

I will swap BD for ranger once i get decent gear.

My rotation is very similar to your own, but an MM equivalent, relying heavily on NB. The forums have suggested that this can get close to 700 rDPS in full T2. I understand that your spec will ALWAYS out damage this build, but I really enjoy being a non-pet based ranged dps.

I suppose I am also hoping an MM buff is inc... knowing Trion, it will just be more rogue nerfs. We are 'clearly' OP after all.....
    If you're having fun that's all that counts right. but even being at 144hit you will see a ton of misses/dodges, Bard mite be better if you're under geared cause then you can still buff. I was sitting at 200hit once and i was getting dodges and misses like hell then i got 225 and the dps is so much higher

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Forelune View Post
    If you're having fun that's all that counts right. but even being at 144hit you will see a ton of misses/dodges, Bard mite be better if you're under geared cause then you can still buff. I was sitting at 200hit once and i was getting dodges and misses like hell then i got 225 and the dps is so much higher
    Yeah, i love MM, i just hope that Trion can make it more than a decent PvP spec, and make it into a good sustained, single target PvE spec.

Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to continue past 200 hit. Before you suggested this, I would have stopped around 200. Its interesting to note that the MM hit talents increase hit rating by ~30. Since the MM tree sort of sux right now, I might just keep those points there, and aim for a gear based hit of 195. Well... 106 points more! LoL
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-06-2011 at 08:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread