+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sab help

Telaran

Default sab help

so i havent played sab since the nerf and been outa the loop since.. i need to get it back up and running and need to kno... is there a new spec? and also rotation single target/aoe? would appreciate the help. thanks so much...

though the spec hasnt changed much, the dps dropped by about 42% so it is no longer worth it to melee as a sabo since you can simply go nightblade and do more dps. however, ranged sab builds are still amazing, and those same builds have insane aoe (aoe specs/rotations never changed) so sab is still very useful, i use it for my ranged build
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

yea we all kno we need a range build and i use sab for it... is it still 4spike1blast then 5 of each? w booby trap in there? also do you have a link to the build? thanks mate

Rift Disciple

Sab ranged dps is crap plain and simple.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
    Sab ranged dps is crap plain and simple.
    I dunno about that.. Either you are playing Sab wrong, or you are playing with someone who doesn't know how to use the Sab effectively.
    Before the update, as a 31 sab, I was hitting 40k damage in the black garden. I've lost maybe 6k damage since the update (doing more now that I'm higher level.. blah)
    But DPS isn't the only thing a sab is good for. Bombs and traps are very effective if used right.
    If you play a sab in PvP and you're not getting the most kill strikes then you're doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    yea we all kno we need a range build and i use sab for it... is it still 4spike1blast then 5 of each? w booby trap in there? also do you have a link to the build? thanks mate
    the only point on doing this was the passive ability from charge booster.

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    In most single target fights, the best rotation is now alternating 5x Spike and 5x Shrapnel. Shrapnel with the 6 second DOT out-performs Blast except on very high armor targets and when something dies before you get both ticks of the Shrapnel DOT. AOE DPS is pretty similar between Shrapnel and Booby Trap, so I tend to use Shrapnel because I like seeing 30 crits fill my entire screen.

Sab DPS is still just fine for any expert dungeon. 32Sab 20Asn 14NB or similar is the way to go.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Ripecannon View Post
    I dunno about that.. Either you are playing Sab wrong, or you are playing with someone who doesn't know how to use the Sab effectively.
    Before the update, as a 31 sab, I was hitting 40k damage in the black garden. I've lost maybe 6k damage since the update (doing more now that I'm higher level.. blah)
    But DPS isn't the only thing a sab is good for. Bombs and traps are very effective if used right.
    If you play a sab in PvP and you're not getting the most kill strikes then you're doing something wrong
    sab is the stormcaller of the rogue souls. Insane aoe, meh single target.
    Last edited by ninefourtyfour; 04-06-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    sab is the stormcaller of the rogue souls. Insane aoe, meh single target.
    I do 650 single target DPS to the boss dummy, and my DPS does not suffer as badly as a Nightblade when I have to get out of melee range for various mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripecannon View Post
    This thread is talking about pve.....at 50.
    Last edited by Cyndel; 04-06-2011 at 09:18 AM.

question.

Do traps never crit? I seriously spammed booby and barbed trap over 500 times on the boss dummy and it didn't crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    question.

Do traps never crit? I seriously spammed booby and barbed trap over 500 times on the boss dummy and it didn't crit.
    Booby doesn't. I haven't used the others enough to say one way or another.

Since the Sab/Asn/NB spec picks up the talent in Assassin for 10% damage for 10 seconds following a crit, I tend to do 5x Shrapnel, Detonate, then a few Booby Traps, repeat, to keep that buff up. Not sure if it's better than just spamming Booby or just repeating Shrapnel, but I do fine either way /shrug

That's pretty stupid to have abilities that can't crit.

Also is carpet bomb bugged? When I use Annihilation Bomb on a 5 stack charge with carpet bomb it just does the Annihilation Bomb damage and not the Blast or Spike Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    Also is carpet bomb bugged? When I use Annihilation Bomb on a 5 stack charge with carpet bomb it just does the Annihilation Bomb damage and not the Blast or Spike Charge.
    I've never seen this happen, what situation was this in? It's only a 7 meter range I believe, could that have been it? Did you apply the charges to the target while it was immune? (You'll still see the charge counter and combo points but the charges aren't actually applied, so Detonate will only trigger itself)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I've never seen this happen, what situation was this in? It's only a 7 meter range I believe, could that have been it? Did you apply the charges to the target while it was immune? (You'll still see the charge counter and combo points but the charges aren't actually applied, so Detonate will only trigger itself)
    This is what I did:

Applied 5 stack of Blast Charge hit Annihilation Bomb. Blast went off with Annihilation Bomb. Then hit Carpet Bomb and hit Annihilation Bomb. Just Annihilation Bomb damage happened.

So I guess from what you're saying is I have to reapply a 5 stack and then use Annihilation Bomb again. Meaning I can't spam Annihilation Bomb 3 times.
    Last edited by Satsujinma; 04-06-2011 at 10:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast