+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 50% healing debuff seems to be not enough

Plane Touched

Default 50% healing debuff seems to be not enough

Clerics heals through this from 50% hp to full in one instant cast.

If there is more than one cleric theres no way to get them down even to 90% - reminds me hitting the wall

We either need 80% healing debuffs in game or healing needs to be adjusted (cut by half by default, in pvp at least).

PvE healing is fine.

/discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    Clerics heals through this from 50% hp to full in one instant cast.

If there is more than one cleric theres no way to get them down even to 90% - reminds me hitting the wall

We either need 80% healing debuffs in game or healing needs to be adjusted (cut by half by default, in pvp at least).

PvE healing is fine.

/discuss

Hmm I seem to be doing just fine as Lock/Necro with a 30% alone

edit: haven't done much on the rogue though considering that one is only 22ish atm, but I do believe 50% debuff is fine

use your stuns/interrupts wisely young one!
    Last edited by Zike; 04-06-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    Nautix - 50 Mathosian Mage
    Amsira - 50 Mathosian Warrior
    Razvaltina - 42 Dwarf Rogue

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

Prophet of Telara

I gotta agree with the OP on this one, healing is over the top in this game. The -50% is enough against a single healer, just so long as that single healer isn't decked out in P6 gear or anything like that. Once they get to that point they are practically invincible if they play right.

If you haven't played a level 50 Rogue yet, you don't really know what you're talking about. The thing ranged classes, like mages, don't get in this game is that those of us who have to stay in melee range start losing damage to all of the kiting/CC tools available in this game while they are able to stand in one place without having a DPS drop. The -50% would be enough in all situations IF you could remain in range beating on them 100% of the time. Soon as they get range on you, they stop and do a full heal. If they have a pocket healer you may as well forget about it unless you have lots of friends to help.

The only two ways we have to interrupt for the most part are in the BD tree, which people pretty much agree sucks for PvP, which is ranged, and then Foul Play, which is melee range...if they are ahead of you, you probably aren't going to interrupt them with this. The Rogue trees severely lack gap closers without large sacrifices, unlike the Warrior. There is an interrupt on finisher in the Inf tree, but you need to attain several PvP ranks to try it, so it definitely isn't "widely available". I plan to try it when I can.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-06-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zike View Post
    Hmm I seem to be doing just fine as Lock/Necro with a 30% alone

edit: haven't done much on the rogue though considering that one is only 22ish atm, but I do believe 50% debuff is fine

use your stuns/interrupts wisely young one!
    we cant kill healers at 50

there is no rogue spec that can kill a pvp spec'd and geared cleric or chloro at lvl 50, it just is not possible. as a necro/lock you have a lot more going for you that allows you to kill them and counter them (this is fine) but our entire calling cannot kill them 1 v 1. the only melee class that can kill a pure healer is VK and that is in a different calling. sure we can ignore them and some of us do, but the OP is not very bright so he still wants to kill them even when he cant.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I think the lead dev in the game loved playing a healer and hated being ganked by rogues.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Its much better now then it was before the AoE healing nerf. I wasn't able to even hurt anyone when there as a bard or cholo on the map.

As an assassin I don't have the -50% healing thing (I'll try anatham when I get my rank up), and I don't expect to be able to take down a healer very easily. BUT if I can distract him for a while, because if he doesn't heal himself and move he will die, then I believe I have succeeded in helping the team. I kinda feel sorry for the healers, they are my first chain CC target, just gotta get them before they get combat flagged.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Plane Touched

NB/sin

Healing debuff, silence + foul play.

Puts enough opening pressure you can generally win 1v1. They will live, but stuck at like 10% as they try to gain ground most of the time. If they have decent pvp rank and the pvp soul though, you should probably forget it though, pvp ranks (or at least the half people use most often) just drag out fights and make it hard to burst, which favors classes with constant self heals.

But this isn't 1v1, prefer 51 NB for it, the AoE dispel has a cooldown after all, and living flame spreads fell blades very easily. Using smoldering instead of hellfire too, hoping on the stacks being dispelled separately like charges, making dispelling fellblades even harder, still not sure.

I think it's enough.

We as rogues, I'm just going to believe are never really meant to kill healing clerics.

I run 32NB/30Rng/4RS and get procs on Fell Blades all the time, a lot of the time I can aoe and proc it on several people at once.

I like to play the nuisance and just keep plinking at that cleric that wont ever drop below 3k hp.

I figure as annoying as I might be, and as little as I am probably getting done in taking out the cleric, at least I am making him heal his teammates worse than he would be with me not pestering.

They sure as hell wont die, but with my build, they arent killing me either, and they will run out of mana before I stop chasing them :P
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    I think the lead dev in the game loved playing a healer and hated being ganked by rogues.
    This is actually the reason I played a rogue in Rift, and not a healer.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    This is so true. That is why I take special care to run around and gank lowbie casters.

The ball is in your court, Trion.

Ascendant

Alot of clerics save their 50% increase on their next heal + their instant cast ability for their next heal for just such situations (both on 45second cooldowns)

our 50% increase ability nullifies your 50% decrease ability for that one cast (plus since we can use it to make our next spell instant we can use our biggest heal instantly)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Soulwalker

Default Chloro's have it

Chloro's, as much of a healer that they are, also have this 80% heal debuff that you're looking for. I use it all the time on the Fang carrier and he ends up dieing shortly after, regardless of how many heals are on him. So yes, it's in the game, just rogues don't have it.

Telaran

Its really only useful when you get your team to focus on the healers. If no one in the warfront has a healing debuff a few good healers are pretty impossible to stop. Otherwise all you can do is keep them distracted and waste some mana before their team mates notice you and try to pick you off as an easy target.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuchknoodle View Post
    NB/sin

Healing debuff, silence + foul play.

Puts enough opening pressure you can generally win 1v1. They will live, but stuck at like 10% as they try to gain ground most of the time. If they have decent pvp rank and the pvp soul though, you should probably forget it though, pvp ranks (or at least the half people use most often) just drag out fights and make it hard to burst, which favors classes with constant self heals.

But this isn't 1v1, prefer 51 NB for it, the AoE dispel has a cooldown after all, and living flame spreads fell blades very easily. Using smoldering instead of hellfire too, hoping on the stacks being dispelled separately like charges, making dispelling fellblades even harder, still not sure.
    seriously it always comes down to spec nb wether its pvp or pve. its frustrating.

i don't like playing nb. but everythign always keeps pointing us that way. you wanne pvp ? go nb for healing debuff as your dmg just aint enough. wanne pve ? without nightblade your dmg will be a joke...

honestly nightblade is prolly the most used soul of rogues becous its the only decent soul the only rogues that don't use nightblade are most likely riftstalkers.

50% would probably be enough if we did dps of a dps soul/class.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast