+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused regarding NB/Sin stuns

Telaran

Default Confused regarding NB/Sin stuns

I have seen several posts and threads talking about how NBs or Sins stunlock people or keep them stunned for 6 seconds (for some reason, 6 seconds seems the magic number). Making myself a baby rogue, I looked through the talent trees for both NB and Sin and I can't see any where that they even have true stuns, except for I think its Paralyzing Strike at 16 in the Assassin tree, which is a stealth opener?

Note, I am not talking about Incapacitates, which I know are like a mez or sap out of stealth, and break on damage.... I am talking about true stuns that prevent any and all actions and don't break on damage.

And this is more for a NB type build, do people go for 16 in the assassin tree in order to get that stealth opener stun? Thanks for any info, cheers

Telaran

There is also a 21-point ability called Foul Play,a 4 second stun, which becomes only 2 seconds if you use it after the stun opener.

Prophet of Telara

As a Rogue, there is really no "stunlocking" in this game like people pretend. If you open with Paralyzing Strike, and then use FP in 4 seconds, that will only last 2 seconds because of diminishing returns for a grand total of 6 seconds. With the damage you sacrifice for using PS, chances are you won't be killing anything while it is "stunlocked". Some people will use this in conjunction with Dusk to Dawn and refer to it as a "stun", but it isn't...it is actually a root and the enemy is free to nuke the crap out of you and heal themselves while being held by it.

The best use of stuns is to stop kiters, interrupt casts, save flag runners, etc etc. Now, Warriors on the other hand do seem to be able to stunlock unless you have something like Break Free. They can actually kill a target within the duration of their stuns.

Telaran

Default Thanks

Ok that clears up the whole 6 second stun thing, thanks alot for the info. Yeah, I just couldn't understand people saying they were stun locked by a rogue, when I didn't see any skills (well, ENOUGH skills) that would allow them to do that. Obviously they are getting stunlocked confused with getting rooted, silenced, or mezzed.

+ Reply to Thread