+ Reply to Thread

Thread: viability of a rogue as a t2 tank?

Default viability of a rogue as a t2 tank?

i've seen rogues do pretty well as tanks in t1, but i was just wondering how they manage to do in t2

thanks~

there was a thread made a while ago and t2 rogue tanks were saying holding aoe aggro is painful and sometimes not possible. Single target you will still hold aggro tho it seems.

T2 tank rogue reporting in.

Very doable, communicate with your group. If you ask them to hold back for just 3-4 secs on aoe pulls you should be absolutely fine.

With regards to healing or eating damage as I prefer to call it, gear really, really shows. You need a full T1 healer, an offhealer (bard/cloro) and your own gear should be full T1 or equivalent. That achieved? You should be fine.

Don't expect any tank drops though. There are none for rogues. You gotta farm the entire T2 plaque set. I'm 2/5 of the way gogogooggogo!

Champion

5/7 T2 plaque gear, here (still need belt and gloves).

Tanking any T2 instance is fine for me. I've also tanked the Duke and Infiltrator in Greenscale. So far, I'm still very viable.

Wish we had some T2 drops. What gives, Trion; I thought you added 'over 100 drops to T1 and T2 instances to fill in gaps in itemization' with 1.1... and still no tanking leather. And don't try to tell me the gimp shoulders from AP are supposed to excuse the lack of anything else -.-

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    5/7 T2 plaque gear, here (still need belt and gloves).

Tanking any T2 instance is fine for me. I've also tanked the Duke and Infiltrator in Greenscale. So far, I'm still very viable.

Wish we had some T2 drops. What gives, Trion; I thought you added 'over 100 drops to T1 and T2 instances to fill in gaps in itemization' with 1.1... and still no tanking leather. And don't try to tell me the gimp shoulders from AP are supposed to excuse the lack of anything else -.-
    We're supposed to use DPS gear while tanking of course.

it helps us keep agro better!

+ Reply to Thread