+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue Balancing

Telaran

Default Rogue Balancing

Place any kind of post here if you feel the rogue is in dire need of some positive balancing, and for Trion to communicate with the rogue community that they are looking into the problematic challenges of the class.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Kubla; 04-05-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Soulwalker

don't get your hopes up trion doesnt read the rogue forums

Rift Disciple

what issue with rogues? they seem fine to me, and i play one..
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Koe

Melee rogues are fine, the issue is ranged rogues.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Melee rogues are fine, the issue is ranged rogues.
    guess this must be a pvp thing, since they are completely fine in pve.

Telaran

This petition means nothing and no one will ever read it, but I agree that rogues need balancing. More dps, utility, and burst. For all specs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hlaode View Post
    This petition means nothing and no one will ever read it, but I agree that rogues need balancing. More dps, utility, and burst. For all specs.
    dps no, we are fine
    more utility would be cool i guess, im jealous of beastmasters pet buffs *shrug*, but every other rogue soul has a ton of utility, ranged saps, ranged 8second complete lockdown on a target, ranged mezz with no cooldown out of stealth, ae stuns, ae silences, ae slow, ae snares (multiple), single target slows and snares (multiple)........
    burst? i guess you think every rogue soul should have uberburst?

guess the grass is always greener for you people..

Telaran

Maybe you haven't pvp'd much so you're not quite sure the difference between us rogues and the rest of the classes. Yes you might think you're playing PvE just fine. But the other classes are playing it BETTER. The issue isn't that we can't progress through content, it's that the other classes can do it faster and more easily then us.

Ever heard of a parser? Go parse your dps on a dummy(assuming you're 50) and get an equivalent geared mage who has half a brain about what he's doing and you'll see the difference in performance. Heck, a cleric will do.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by moomooo View Post
    Ever heard of a parser? Go parse your dps on a dummy(assuming you're 50) and get an equivalent geared mage who has half a brain about what he's doing and you'll see the difference in performance. Heck, a cleric will do.
    Then, get a rogue with half a brain too for a really amusing result.

Soulwalker

Balancing?! Last time I instanced, I played a RS/BD/AS. My burst was so high that I was pulling aggro off of the tank. As a result, I had to wait until after his first two rotations.

Saboteur spikes at about 1k damage every 5 seconds!!! I'm not even going to talk about that class's Rapid setup skill, Infinite trap laying, or aggro dump for all charges.

Bards + Riftstalker combo nets rogues a near-invincible uber heal. Nightblade is just simply elemental rampage. I'm currently goofing around with a 25/14/2 Nightblade/Riftstalker/Saboteur spec and I can't believe the dps I get from this tree. This doesn't include the ranged and AoE attacks, or the buffs that drop 80% damage or shrugs ALL STATUS EFFECTS, how about I talk about that Ebon Fury or Dark Containment? This is only one Tree!

Trust me, I could say more and talk about the Rift Stalker's 4 teleports, snare break, and pure tanking or dps buffs or the Assassin's Infinite stealth and anal-****** crits.

Marksman gets everything a master kiter needs to become the God of Absconders overnight among other things.

The only thing that I'd agree to giving a positive tweak to is the Ranger class. The pet should level with your in game character and not according to some level limit associated with a certain rank of skill. After level 30, rogues must have 24 points in the ranger tree so their pet can survive mobs. Later at max levels, Rogues must have 51 points in the tree for blood raptor or else their pet won't be able to handle more intense battles. This awkward leveling curve reduces Ranger to a pre-30 leveling tree which never sees the light of day once players reach the upper levels. The main feature of a class should be completely viable with around 20 points and utterly amazing with 51. Trion messed up when they gimped the ranger, especially since I always wanted to play a melee ranger in an MMO ever since reading about them in the tabletop class manuals.

Ranger aside. If Trion gave any more boost to rogues, we'd be getting hit hard by the nerf-hammer the patch thereafter. Just learn how to allocate souls, make macros, and pull. You basically can't go wrong with rogue.
    Apparently there is an achievement for "Lowbie Ganking" in opposing faction territories. Or maybe I am so beset with boredom that I am seeing things.
    Has anyone else read the "Might Makes Right" pvp achievement?

Telaran

Thanks for the support all. Hopefully more will chime in. When Warriors, Mages, and Clerics are seeing crits for 1.7k - 4K on a regular basis, and normal hits of 400-700 in basic gear there's a major DPS problem when comparing the classes. Rogues in 50 pvp, and in pve are having a lot of troubles with the game....if you haven't noticed or experienced it yet, you will eventually....a lot of groups will not take rogues in dungeons unless they're stuck or friends of the rogue. I even know a guild thats stopped taking their rogues on events or asked them to reroll. I've read of one that's no longer crafting for them because they feel it's pointless to waste mats on gimped classes. A lot of BG's bottom out with rogues now in terms of dps or healing(bard). Rogues often have the highest death counts as well. People complained and got the class nerfed to near uselessness while getting buffs for themselves, now the class can't compete very well.

If you don't believe me go duel a mage, cleric, or warrior with equal'ish gear AT LEVEL 50.

Thanks for the support.....keep it coming.....and maybe it'll get noticed.......big threads get noticed no matter what part of the forum they're in.
    Last edited by Kubla; 04-06-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekemeister View Post
    Balancing?! Last time I instanced, I played a RS/BD/AS. My burst was so high that I was pulling aggro off of the tank. As a result, I had to wait until after his first two rotations.

Saboteur spikes at about 1k damage every 5 seconds!!! I'm not even going to talk about that class's Rapid setup skill, Infinite trap laying, or aggro dump for all charges.

Bards + Riftstalker combo nets rogues a near-invincible uber heal. Nightblade is just simply elemental rampage. I'm currently goofing around with a 25/14/2 Nightblade/Riftstalker/Saboteur spec and I can't believe the dps I get from this tree. This doesn't include the ranged and AoE attacks, or the buffs that drop 80% damage or shrugs ALL STATUS EFFECTS, how about I talk about that Ebon Fury or Dark Containment? This is only one Tree!

Trust me, I could say more and talk about the Rift Stalker's 4 teleports, snare break, and pure tanking or dps buffs or the Assassin's Infinite stealth and anal-****** crits.

Marksman gets everything a master kiter needs to become the God of Absconders overnight among other things.

The only thing that I'd agree to giving a positive tweak to is the Ranger class. The pet should level with your in game character and not according to some level limit associated with a certain rank of skill. After level 30, rogues must have 24 points in the ranger tree so their pet can survive mobs. Later at max levels, Rogues must have 51 points in the tree for blood raptor or else their pet won't be able to handle more intense battles. This awkward leveling curve reduces Ranger to a pre-30 leveling tree which never sees the light of day once players reach the upper levels. The main feature of a class should be completely viable with around 20 points and utterly amazing with 51. Trion messed up when they gimped the ranger, especially since I always wanted to play a melee ranger in an MMO ever since reading about them in the tabletop class manuals.

Ranger aside. If Trion gave any more boost to rogues, we'd be getting hit hard by the nerf-hammer the patch thereafter. Just learn how to allocate souls, make macros, and pull. You basically can't go wrong with rogue.
    At this point, I don't even know if posts like this are trolls or not. First off, you are mixing RS with your DPS specs. THAT IS DUMB. Secondly, none of the melee DPS specs is worth a damn.

Assassin? Useless. Sure, they have a bunch of CC, but how useful is that when you are supposed to be a top DPS melee class? Nightblade? They're decent, but a DPS warrior or mage is still better DPS. Bladedancer? lol. Saboteur? Got the **** nerfed out of them, but they're still the most viable option for DPS for rogues. Ranger/MM? See bladedancer for lols. Fact of the matter is, while rogues might be more in line with the other classes, we're not where we should be. As it stands, any other class can do something we do, better. Bards? Get a chloro. DPS? Get a mage or DPS warrior. Tank? lol get a warrior.

/signed pvp ranged rogue

The PVE side of things may be ok. I don't do much but hear that PVE rogues are competitive in their dungeons/raids. But w/e

Prophet of Telara

Just some perspective, 2k damage over 5 seconds is only 400dps. That sounds nice and all, but consider that Pyros will deal three to five times more damage in about 3 seconds.

When considered alone, Rogues are just fine. When actually compared to other classes, we are not. We have many abilities without a single situation that makes them good and our "utilities" are spread out between trees in a way that they are difficult to attain - unlike the other classes. For example, how many people really play a Blademaster in PvP and do well? There's our only ranged interrupt/silence right there, and the general consensus is that it is pretty awful for anything but PvE.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-06-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Plane Touched

not sure why people are saying rogues are fine in pve and need a buff in pvp. Mages/warriors kill us in pvp and pve with a lot less work than we need to put in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast