+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are rogues just free Favor?

General of Telara

Default Are rogues just free Favor?

Been taking in the events tonight in both world pvp and in WFs and came to a simple conclusion: every single class will run right by 3-4 other Guardians just to kill my rogue even if theres a 4-5 level difference between me and him. I never initiate world PvP so I know they arent after revenge for killing them while drinking or anything. I watched one cleric who easily killed me, stop and wave to another guardian cleric and never casts a spell at him. I have started questing as Sin and Im scared to leave stealth and as soon as the mob is dead im spamming it as fast as possible so I can restealth.

Are we really that much of a joke that people will avoid world pvp at all costs unless its a rogue no matter what level difference? The only classes I can actually beat are other rogues, if I can ever find them. Im hoping it will at least change once I hit 50, get geared in experts, and then go camp level 45s. Seems like they will be the only thing to kill. I just dont understand how warriors,DPS clerics, and Mages can be horrible and still win but unless Im 110% perfect I lose. Im tryn to get better but it just seems like an uphill battle both ways in the snow.

ROGUES ARE FINE LEARN TO PLAY

but seriously i think Rogues need what Mages this patch maybe not as extreme though don't need a Marksman doing same damage a Pyro can do while keeping me silenced hell maybe a little love for my Shaman as well? or DPS clerics in general? please? .. okay

You're exaggerating a bit.
    And most of your problem is that you dont initiate pvp. In world pvp that can be half the fight right there.
    Don't let them start the fight with you out of stealth in who knows what shape.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

I'm a rogue and I target other rogues first because they die fast, go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Rift Disciple

I can still have my *** handed to me by a good melee rogue in warfronts.

I can also whipe the floor with a bad one.

When I'm in a healing spec I can mostly outheal rogues who don't have a healing debuff, then, that goes for most classes unless they can chain CC lock me until my HoTs drop off.

Personally I think a damage boost to melee rogues would push them to a very strong place, perhaps too strong. Ranged rogues might need a bit of love, the problem is, you don't see very many so I don't have much to compare to!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    I'm a rogue and I target other rogues first because they die fast, go figure.
    Pretty much this, it also keeps them from ganking my team's Mages and Healers.
    Last edited by Lilisette; 04-06-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Soulwalker

rogues are at the bottom of the chain, unless they escape they die like flies, much easier than cloth.

Telaran

Assassin + Blade Dancer + Rift Stalker = Amazing in open world. nobodies pulling anything. And if they are better than you, slip away > Phase Shift. (Poof gone)

Champion of Telara

last time i checked, riftstalker gets plenty of survivability increasing early talents.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Rift Disciple

Yes They are....

Ascendant

Bad players are bad players. They exist in each calling. The only difference is the skill "cushion" of each calling. Some have higher/lower threshold. Rogues are one of the high ones. Apart from that good rogues can whipe the floor with pretty much anyone with maybe the exception of a warrior.

WAI...move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Rift Disciple

I'm happy with my rogue(s). Yeah some people I can't kill, but then again I still have much to learn. I'm fairly sure a good rogue, could kill anyone. Getting the jump on people is crucial. If you let them see you first, you are dead meat, if you don't run.

So OP.. first mistake is to let them see you. You should not be out of stealth if you are playing as sin, NB or the likes that are designed to attack from stealth.

Champion

My friend wipes the floor with me so fast as a rogue it's not even funny (I'm a cleric). Rogues are fine, some souls need a buff, but learn 2 play and stop charging champions as a marksman (you aren't going to win).

Telaran

The rogues in this game are much more the rogues from DAoC and much less the rogue from WoW. The more rogues that figure that out the harder it will be for healers to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    My friend wipes the floor with me so fast as a rogue it's not even funny (I'm a cleric). Rogues are fine, some souls need a buff, but learn 2 play and stop charging champions as a marksman (you aren't going to win).
    Lol, you have no idea about rogues, do you

To OP

Rogues are a good 1vs1 class if they can open from stealth. If you surprise a rogue, they die way to quick. You see it in WF's. If you are going to assist for a kill, the target switch to the rogue and still managed to kill the rogue before he is killed. Is the rogue free favor ? Yes for most of the times.

It is funny that the only real viable target for rogues in mass PvP are other rogues, this is especially true for melee rogues.

This being said. A well played rogue can kill anyone. Just the skill level is way higher then any other calling. Besides this, rogues needs good gear to do very well also. This is imbalanced as other callings have a much easier time. Warriors for example can kill anyone as a fresh 50 in only green gear without the need for the perfect build and/or even need to have any skill.

Rogues are not fine and need something, being it something special/unique to distinguish the class from others or boosted in damage overall. But Trion needs to be careful because a slight mistake can make the rogue OP, which we do not want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast