+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: War Fronts for dummies.

Default War Fronts for dummies.

Well not dummies, but people like me who dont handle 10 buttons at so well in an uncontrolled area like a war front.
    And you have great durability but youll still do more damage than most ranged attackers and you have a heal debuff.

Goests battle build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...o.Ecxcho00z.Vh

Basically you have 3 buttons and can attack at any range, the closer you are the more damage you do. And you auto attack at any range.

Button 1 - point building attacks.
    Button 2 - finishers
    Button 3 - warps

Macro 1
    Dusk Strike
    Primal Strike
    Twilight Force
    Fiery Spike
    Quick shot

Macro 2
    Chains of Darkness
    Guarded Steel
    Flame Thrust
    Head Shot

Macro 3
    Shadow Assault
    Shadow Stalk
    Shadow Blitz

The main thing(besides being in the right place) is to make sure you dont short cycle your finishers.
    Obviously using this same build you can use more than 3 buttons for improved functionality.
    Shadow shift is great for getting away.
    You could swap Annihilate in for Guarded Steel and use Guarded on its own button.
    Twilight Shelter has it uses and of course you have conceal if you want.

But if you want it simple you can be very tough, do respectable damage and focus on the battle not controling your toon.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 04-05-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Macro's? No skill

RIFT Guide Writer

Guarded steel in a warfront is kinda pointless, taunt does nothing, and armor is on diminishing returns.

RIFT Guide Writer

Also, primal strike is instant with no CD, so it will always fire and your first macro wont make it past that.

Um, you can't really do well macroing all your CP builders in one button as you will run out of energy before then. Plus some CP builders have some side-effects to them that you may or may not want to use up, like Splinter Shot which adds a bleed. All of these things have their purpose, and so do the finishers (some debuff, some snare, some buff you up, and etc). Never just blow them in a single press of a button. I can see two ability macros, though like taking flash of steel and chain it to maim to attack/snare a person in WF if they don't have a break free off cooldown. It's a good way to get into the fight and keep that person in it too. But anything beyond complementary chaining of certain abilities leads to waste of time and energy.

This isn't SWG where you have a macro system complex enough to play the game for you (or WoW for that matter). Nor is any one soul (or two souls) complex enough to require one to mass chain abilities like that. You need to learn what does what and what works best in which situation. Otherwise, you're just like those kiddies at the old arcades that thought they could win at Street Fighter 2 by slamming the buttons enough, never learning the combos or how the characters worked.

RIFT Guide Writer

And there is no skill called Chain's of Darkness. I know you probably mean Scourge, but when you make a post of Warfront for dummies, your post shouldnt be the first dummy.

Xareal, you know that one macro will nto fire off everythignon it right?
    Last edited by Archaegeo; 04-05-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    Also, primal strike is instant with no CD, so it will always fire and your first macro wont make it past that.
    If you are out of melee range it will and it will make it past fiery spike at 21 meters I believe. Quick shot should still be on a seperate key for that macro though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    And there is no skill called Chain's of Darkness. I know you probably mean Scourge, but when you make a post of Warfront for dummies, your post shouldnt be the first dummy.

Xareal, you know that one macro will nto fire off everythignon it right?
    Yes, under the conditions that would make it fail (on cooldown, not in range, insufficient energy), but it's still a damn waste of time to bother chaining them then. Maybe I prefer to keep all my abilities where I need them. *shrugs* I'm not the fastest on the reflexes either, but I learn how to use what I have to my advantage over raw macroing.

The macros all work just like I said(ya I wrote chains instead of scourge whoops )
    Ive been using this so i know they work.

I really dont see how any of them are a waste.

And I really cant see why you wouldnt want them macroed with this build.

And xarals comments dont even seem to pertain to this build.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 04-05-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Rift Disciple

Haha macros, FAIL SIR. And why wouldn't you want Dusk to Dawn, or 2/2 Melted Skin?

l2p perhaps?

Seriously, learn to play.
    Last edited by reinert012; 04-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reinert012 View Post
    Haha macros, FAIL SIR.

l2p perhaps?

Seriously, learn to play.
    What is the macro fail?

Other than me writing "chains" instead of "scourge." which has nothing to do with the actual marco.

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Rift Disciple

Didnt mean to type Melted Skin, meant enhanced weapon enchanments

In response to your edit. I dont think a second point in melted in all that crucial(I could be wrong feel free to show me some numbers)
    In my original build I had Dusk till Dawn instead of the 3rd point in Primal Death. I may go back to that. But the whole theme here is simple and effective so thats what Im showing.

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Better version of this. Works really nice. 5/5 Shadow Mastery is almost mandatory.

The 3 points in rift scavenger are flavor, it seems to work nice with my play style.

Only found good practical use for 2 macros: Dusk strike/primal strike, Twilight force/fiery spike.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...00k.iItkGogoos

Quote Originally Posted by Armagorend View Post
    Better version of this. Works really nice. 5/5 Shadow Mastery is almost mandatory.

The 3 points in rift scavenger are flavor, it seems to work nice with my play style.

Only found good practical use for 2 macros: Dusk strike/primal strike, Twilight force/fiery spike.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...00k.iItkGogoos

Basically the same thing. I can understand swapping the rangers reach for the the 2 anti CC measures, although I like being able to start building combo points sooner.

Putting points in Improved Blazing Strike and and Rift Scavenger instead of capping Great Fortitude and picking up ruthless Stalker though seems like a bad choice.

I dont really understand why you would put Dusk strike/primal strike, Twilight force/fiery spike on two separate macros, nothing is lost from puting them on 1.

I think there is also no reason not to keep all the attack warps macroed to one key.

Also I like having Scourge of Darkness macroed before other finishers that way I use it as soon as its up. But I can at least think of reasons why you might not.

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast