+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK's Stun Lock NB / AS Build

Default DK's Stun Lock NB / AS Build

I'm on a roll today. It must be a Birthday thing. I really liked the BD / AS / Rng build I did today at lunch. Then the creative wheels continued to turn after I played with with this build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...os.0AMftcbodbk

It reminded me of the Vanilla WoW builds when you could stun lock a guy to death. So I started toying with it and it kinda scared me. I'm going to have to test this of course tonight when I get home. However, I think the dmg is going to be insane not to mention the stun lock to death is going to be gross.

Lets get to the build shall we?

Pro's
    - Impale
    - Jagged Strike
    - Tons of DMG ( I'll explain in depth in a bit )
    - Magnify Pain
    - Scourge of Darkness
    - Dusk to Dawn
    - Foul Play
    - Slip Away

Con's
    - No blink type of ability ( you can get RS and get blink but, you lose Head Shot )
    - No real escape mechanism

Let's talk dmg, since that's the whole point of this build. DMG, DMG, DMG. I started thinking of the amount you can do with this and the control you can have and frankly.. ( shutter )
    Let's take it from the top..
    Heat Retention - Builds up to 10% more non-physical dmg ( effects bleeds ) + 30% finisher
    Fire & Death Attun - 15% Reduction of Fire & Death while boosting 3% Physical
    Coup De Grace - 15% on more dmg on finishers.
    Unstable State - 9% more non-physical ( bleeds )
    Blazing Fury - 15% more dmg on combo builders
    Advanced Flanking - 50% Crit Strike Chance on Assassinate & Jagged Strike ( is what we go for )
    Subterfuge 20% more dmg on Jagged Strike & Assassinate ( JS is what we are going for ) & 100% chance to add an extra combo point ( 3 on one hit )
    Magnify Pain - 20% increase to Crit Dmg
    Poison Potency - 15% more poison abilities dmg ( bleeds )
    Cruel Vengeance - Increase 10% dmg after crit hit
    Scourge of Darkness - 45 physical dmg to 10 hits
    Murderous Intent - 4% more Physical Dmg
    Serrated Blades After a crit your target bleeds for weapon dmg for 6 secs can stack 3x
    Cloak & Dagger After your Jagged or Assassinate you do 15% more dmg while taking 15% less for 10

What does all this mean? How about.. 64% more Non-Physical dmg, 47% more Physical, 60% more dmg on Finishers, 20% more Crit dmg, 20% more dmg on openers. I know, WoW. That's what I said.

Ok, now you have a Ferrari, what do you do with it?

This is how you do your stun locks and release this insane dmg.

Open with your typical.

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike ( 3 points ) > Dusk Strike ( 2 points ) > Scourge of Darkness ( 5 point finisher )

Now it's time to fight you have ruffly 8 seconds to do some insane burst.
    Twilight Force ( 1 point ) > Dusk to Dawn ( 4 points ) Stun Lock #1 ( 5 points built up )
    Impale ( 5 pointer ) > Ebone Fury ( spam dmg time ) > Foul Play Stun lock #2 ( 4 sec stun )

Now you have half cost Twilight Force and Dusk Strike. I prefer Dusk Strike ( 2 points vs 1 point )
    Dusk Strike x 3 > Slip away > Expose Weakness ( again ) > Paralyzing Strike Stun Lock #3 ( 2 secs from diminishing returns ) ( 5 points )

Some how I doubt they are still alive do to being stun locked this entire time. However, if they managed to live through this. You may begin to do this..

( 5 point combos )
    Deadly Strike, Impale, or Smoother( up to you ) > Malicious Strike ( 70% slow ) > Primal Spike > Dusk strike > Savage Strike ( 5 points if you Smoothered ) > Choose your finisher.

If someone lives through this stun lock then just continue the beat down with what ever combo builders you want. I would be honestly shocked if they are. Now, if they are all you have to do is wait for your 30 secs to be up and you can do another Scourge of Darkness. Which unless you've had crappy luck and got a add ( blind powder them & last hope them during slip away ) you should be able to destory them again with Scourge of Darkness.

Phu
    Telaran

There's a tiny, tiny-tiny problem... Bleeds are considered "phsyical dmg" according to Rift tooltip unless you have actually comfirmed it.

Yea I have a few issues with it too. Namely, there's no "stun" lock in the first "stun lock". Dusk to Dawn is a root, not a stun. Second, twilight force, if it's going to be used with dusk to dawn, should be used after. They can't move, they're rooted, why are you snaring them beforehand? OH WAIT! You didn't grab the snare. WTF!? Next, why in the hell are you slipping with 5 combo points on the target? Next, paralyzing strike will only last 1 second. Not 2. Not even worth it. May as well assassinate or if you're struggling to make a dent, jagged. Oh yea, I'd like to see you use Deadly Strike without being a Blade Dancer. Btw how about smoother(smother) which can only be used in stealth that you're using after you blew slip?

Don't make any more specs without applying real thought plox.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...n26-Ranger8%29

Thats the closest thing to stun lock.
    That rotation is the best stun lock you can get and
    the damage is still very high.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Telaran

Pro's
    - Impale
    - Jagged Strike
    - Tons of DMG ( I'll explain in depth in a bit )
    - Magnify Pain
    - Scourge of Darkness
    - Dusk to Dawn
    - Foul Play
    - Slip Away

Con's
    - No blink type of ability ( you can get RS and get blink but, you lose Head Shot )
    - No real escape mechanism
    Seylo
    Rogue
    & of CoG

On second look I think this was a gag post by the OP. The build may work, but nothing he says makes sense - not even with respect to other stuff he says.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

I run pvp with 34 Sin / 32 NB also but my spec and strategy is way different. It's not gonna work out like you've posted.

Just a few quick things I noticed:
    - Dusk till Dawn is not a stun, they can still nuke the crap out of you.
    - No enduring brew?
    - Best poison / enhance set up for this build is Fell Blades / Lethal Poison, so drop the points in melted skin.
    - Get the RS blink..
    - Improved twilight force, this is good, ranged slow, stop runners
    - Blinding powder? Dark Containment is on half the cooldown, yes the energy is more, but its only 20.
    - No puncture.

I guess you play the spec more like a NB, where I play it like an assassin with fell blades.

+ Reply to Thread