+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: rogue, go bard or go home

Default rogue, go bard or go home

anyone else wondering when they'll finally bring some love to the rogues, or leave us in the dark and expect some not to rage quit?

Rift Disciple

well they LFM now for "healer, tank and mage" instead of "healer, tank and dps"
    I'm out for a while .. they ****ed up Saboteur pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Artefaktum View Post
    well they LFM now for "healer, tank and mage" instead of "healer, tank and dps"
    I'm out for a while .. they ****ed up Saboteur pretty much
    meh I would have rather they messed up sab whilst boosting our other roles, instead of just making us completly undesirable

Soulwalker

Yeah. Other than switching to a dps role for trash pulls, Bard is the only useful spec for me right now (Just started doing T1's).

In order to tank T1's as a rogue, you need T1 gear, thus defeating the point of doing the instance in the first place.

Melee specs? Don't even get me started on how unfriendly experts are to melee characters. My first T1 was RotF. I hadn't added a ranged dps spec. I spent the last half of the dungeon watching my team mates have to do everything with 4 because the AoE effects killed me right off the bat.

Rogues need something, definitely.

Imi
    Ascendant

In our guild, we never refuse to run a 5-man with someone because of their class. We make it work.

That's the beauty of guilds.

Rift Chaser

I'm having no problems with my rogue whatsoever. My spec is spot on and my DPS is just fine. Survivability is better that I could hope for, and I wouldn't have anything changed at all.

Of course you and others will disagree with me, flame my comment, and call me out as ignorant for not jumping in your boat with you, but that's how I see it. I just like my rogue exactly how he is.

I'm not saying roll a Nightblade, because we all know that Nightblades suck at everything they do. But...

Roll Nightblade?
    "Death is Coming, QUICK, put on the Gold Hat"

If I have a choice between playing what's fun and not running an instance or getting invited to a raid... oh well, fun wins Every time.

Meaning... I'm not unhappy with my rogue spec, don't care what excuse others use to complain.
    Last edited by Wonk; 04-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

rolled a nightblade, but being below par on every aspect should bother people, just look at the never ending qq from rogue forums.

This isnt a qq thread but all my rogue friends are non existant now besides myself or have rerolled mage/cleric which is dissapointing

Anyone whom thinks that an Assassin, Marksman, Nightblade or Ranger does crap DPS is wrong.

How about 'group think' comes to an end and people start doing real number crunching to back up their 'beliefs.'

seriously.

Oh and Riftstalker can tank and Sabs have long DPS range and still does adequate damage in PvE.

If people are excluding you from a group because you're not a mage for DPS, you don't want to be in that group anyways. It means they don't know what they're talking about.

Check out Tankspot or Riftjunkies or anyone else whom actually has a clue and has done the numbers.

Rogues are fine. I feel bad for Warrior DPS and Mages whom want to Main Heal. You should not be required to have a cleric to do a 5 man Expert. That's the real issue for the game, not the Sabs nerf.
    Last edited by jadakin; 04-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.

One of the DPS I have in my regular expert runs is a Riftstalker in Stalker Phase. And stuff dies fast enough.

Even before I ever heard about 1.1's so called nerfs, I switched out of Sab to another rogue spec on my rogue for DPS AND PVP because Sab didn't offer the flexibility I wanted.

OP's point Debunked.

Point to remember: Carry your weight, know your class, and stop PUGing.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imi View Post
    In our guild, we never refuse to run a 5-man with someone because of their class. We make it work.

That's the beauty of guilds.
    This is why you join a guild

I think the ranged rogues are more of the problem. Self buffed DPS tends to be really bad, almost 50% less than a mage for the same purpose.

Averages tend to be 900ish for mage builds and 600ish for Rng/sab/MM with Tier gear. That's too large a discrepancy, and should've been hot fixed. While I'm still having fun playing my rogue, I've been forced to avoid T2 dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taemien View Post
    One of the DPS I have in my regular expert runs is a Riftstalker in Stalker Phase. And stuff dies fast enough.

Even before I ever heard about 1.1's so called nerfs, I switched out of Sab to another rogue spec on my rogue for DPS AND PVP because Sab didn't offer the flexibility I wanted.

OP's point Debunked.

Point to remember: Carry your weight, know your class, and stop PUGing.

/thread
    OP point wasnt to say we suck or anything, please read before posting

Shadowlander

I unno why the qq, I seem to always be 1st or 2nd on dps with my rogue.. Nd with pvp I do alot of dmg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast