+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice for Role 3 while leveling; Need a Pure DPS spec for instances.

Default Need advice for Role 3 while leveling; Need a Pure DPS spec for instances.

Current Level - 33
    My two current builds are very similar.

Bladedancer (21)/Riftstalker (13)/Assassin (10) - Leveling Build
    Riftstalker (33)/Bladedancer (8)/Bard (3) - Tanking Build

I put a lot of focus on my melee ability, so I haven't really thought about ranged DPS, but I need a build that will allow me to do better dps than my leveling build in dungeons when I am partied up and not tanking.

I have 0 experience with Saboteur, but I would be lying if I said it didn't interest me, but I also don't know what they focus on as far as weapons go (they are ranged, so should I have a really good bow?), and what is the best build that focuses on DPS for them (rotations and what not)?

My daggers are my best weapons (Equal Level Blue v. Green Bow), so I could also go melee dps. So any decent build there wouldn't be bad either.

So basically what I am looking for are two different builds, Saboteur (as well as tips for playing Sab) and something melee dps that is stronger than my leveling build. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Alright... let's go this direction...

Building a Saboteur, do I need to worry about a Bow or Daggers for any of it's skills (or the subsouls that are used)?

Is the Saboteur a pure ranged Rogue? Should I use the 2 paired souls that the Saboteur suggests to compliment the build, or is there a hidden gem?

RIFT Guide Writer

By default saboteur uses melee weapons for abilities. However if you have ranger or marksman soul in your build then it will use ranged weapon when at range for abilities and the higher dps of the ranged weapon lets you do bit more damage with abilities. Usually sab builds do not have ranger or marksman so you will mostly use melee weapons. Most common build is the saboteur/assassin/nightblade combo.

Does getting into melee range as a Sab counter intuit the fact they are a ranged attacker? I am looking at their ability list, and almost everything has a 20 meter range.

I'd suggest Nightblade/Assassin/Sabo as your pure DPS spec for leveling instances. Nice AOE and strong single target, while also having stealth/incapacitate if your group needs it.

+ Reply to Thread