+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need a good high melee burst

Default need a good high melee burst

hey peeps im looking for a good solid melee spec i really like to play the assasin

Rift Disciple

and you get the same reply as you did in the identical thread you made earlier today: roll a warrior. i gave a much longer and nicer explanation as to why you're looking in the wrong place for melee burst in your other thread but, since apparently you're a moron, now you get mocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    and you get the same reply as you did in the identical thread you made earlier today: roll a warrior. i gave a much longer and nicer explanation as to why you're looking in the wrong place for melee burst in your other thread but, since apparently you're a moron, now you get mocked.
    listen you ****ing peice of **** i didnt need your ******** opinion again *******er and i dont care at this point about it so GO **** YOURSELF

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by connar View Post
    listen you ****ing peice of **** i didnt need your ******** opinion again *******er and i dont care at this point about it so GO **** YOURSELF
    Gratz on epic fail, a second post due to the fact that you did not like the answer is just...I dunno....let's just call it "special". If you want "Crazy Uber Burst DPS" Roll a warrior and wait for the next FOTM class to come along. If you like assassins play an assassin regardless...

Oh...or just go the hell back to WoW so we don't have to deal with you anymore...thats always a good option.
    Last edited by Pestilent; 04-05-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by connar View Post
    yes thank you for proving my assumption so very wrong...

Champion of Telara

roll a warrior for mele burst.

roll a mage for range burst.

roll a cleric for healing... burst or other.

roll a rogue for stealth..... I got nothing.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Telaran

dont listen to the guys above.

Also , sin doesn't have high burst but rather high spike dmg due to bleeds.

regarding burst dmg , NB has the highest burst using his CDS. Ebon fury + dusk spam is great burst. Also , going 51pt NB will give you an other strong burst CD , along with some extra defensive CDs.

For melee , 51NB/15RS/0inf , is great.

Also , there are some other solid builds such as 3xNB/RS/Inf builds , with great mobility end survivability.

If u really want a Sin build , running 32Sin/2xRS/x inf that are also really solid pvp builds and i've seen ppl having great success with them.

I've also played a 32sin/34NB/0inf before and it was also great , but i prefer the above mentioned.

Can't give you links to builds atm , as zam is not working for some reason , but u get the general idea

Rift Disciple

look dude the answer isn't going to change, there's no burst in sin. sin is a pve dps with dots and some small spikes. you can try to go 51 pt for serpent strike and pull it at the same time as final blow, but that's it and it's going to cost you important synergy with other souls. there's really next to nothing there in the way of actual "burst". so the answer remains, roll a warrior or accept what the assassin is --- NOT BURST-Y.

Telaran

The only rogue that has what I, as a player of both rogue and cleric, would term as real "burst" is a saboteur.

But no matter what a good champion is way better at burst than any rogue.

NB may actually be more effective 1v1 than a champions. But if you want burst then rogue is just not that good I am saying this from the perspective of playing a cleric.

Sab is not so great because I see the burst coming and can nullify it ahead of time pretty easy with HoTs and shields and worse come to worse an instant heal.

Sin simply doesn't do enough damage durign the initial stun lock for to be scared. Once its over Isimply heal up and then they are no pressure at all.

A champ can whack you in one or 2 moves for as much damage as a Sin would do during the whole stun lock and then they continue to put alot of pressure after that inital chunk. And they stun you almost as long as a sin anyway. Yesterday I had a champ critting me for 40% of my health on a cleric with justicar armor enchancements with just one move. Sins simply can't compete with that especially since that move is essentially under no restrictions the way a sins stun is (ie. full stun lock must be from stealth.)

NB are a threat but its not because of burst. Its because of the -%heal and because they can stay on you. They have some amount of tactical burst by blowing some damage CDs but that is only dangerous if they proc the -%heal.

If you want to be a decent threat go NB. But you want real burst go warrior. There are literally no burst rogues I feel pressured by as a cleric. I can't say that about warriors.

+ Reply to Thread