+ Reply to Thread

Thread: aoe build?

Shadowlander

Default aoe build?

Anyone have a build just for pure aoe dps ive tried with

nb/assassin/ranger 43/17/6 with weapon flare and fiery chains

also with a ranger build just for rain of arrows

none of which can keep up with or even close to a mage/war sometimes im doing a bit more then a tank. Is sab aoe still good after the patch, that one i havent tried yet.
    Last edited by alemar; 04-05-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Plane Touched

The only 2 souls that I am aware of with good AE potential is sab and BD. problem with BD is that most of there abilities require dodging, which is quite useless in group settings, making sab most likely the most effective ae soul. Others I am sure can confirm or refute this.

Shadowlander

So would you say a full 51pts in sab, and just spam booby trap?

Rift Chaser

I just use a 51 pt NB build, more then good enough.

Plane Touched

I am actually in the process of developing my own aoe build, and it will take a while because i have not dabbled in that much before lol.

Plane Walker

Don't underestimate Ranger when looking for an AE build. Rain of Arrow is very good AE dps, and Trick Shot is pretty surprising as well. Trick Shot also can pick up extra combo points very fast.

Open with a Trick Shot, followed by Rain of Arrows, fire another Trick Shot while Rain is finishing its CD, Rain again, and depending on combo points you can fire off Concussive Blast for a pretty sizable chunk of damage.

This particular rotation would only require 22 points spent in Ranger, so could easily be mixed with another soul or 2 for some added versatility in your AEing.

Champion

Honestly, the only Rogue builds I've seen with decent AOE were deep Saboteur with points in Ranger, and deep Ranger with points in Saboteur. Every other AOE build I've seen, tried, or even heard about is garbage, though I could burst AOE really well for about 6 seconds (out of every 60) with full Nightblade.
    Last edited by Ampere; 04-05-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Shadowlander

The highest aoe dps i can do seems to be with booby trap, what souls would help in increasing the damage with it as i dont think it can crit.

+ Reply to Thread