+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rng/Sab/Nb I am having good success with this build

Telaran

Default Rng/Sab/Nb I am having good success with this build

RNG/SAB/NB

I came up with this build last night and me and another rogue tested it for a few hours trying different rotations but it was consistently out dpsing 51rng/15nb. I wanted a ranged only build that was good on AoE packs as well as single target dps.

Rotation used for best results:

Put Raptor pet on passive (he aggros on the first charge otherwise)

Spike x5 -> Detonate
    petattack
    Piercing Shot -> Quick Shot x4 -> Head Shot (to get the 60sec buff up)
    Spike x5 -> Detonate
    Shrap x5 -> Piercing Shot -> Detonate
    Spike x5 -> Detonate

Refresh your Head Shot buff when necessary but try to never skip a Shrap rotation.
    IE. Shrap -> Spike -> Shrap -> Quick -> Shrap

Shrapnel Charges consists of a good 30-35% of your total dps so you want as much up time as possible.
    I was able to get up to 650 dps in T1 gear, I was hoping someone with T2 gear could try this out and confirm the results please.

-Voigt @ Ashstone
    Last edited by voigt; 04-05-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Telaran

I just did an expert T2 dungeon with a chloro and pulled a few 750-800 dps single target fights using this. Anyone with full T2 gear want to try this out?
    Last edited by voigt; 04-05-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

I will leave my comments out about "coming up" with the build, as those of us who have been working on builds similar to this have been doing so during Alpha 1.1 with the changes...

This is a cleaner version with better results than what you are doing:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M0f0xocomz.V0h

Headshot Rotation
    5 x Spike, Annihilation Bomb > Headshot

Normal Rotation
    5 x Spike > Detonate
    5 x Shrapnel > Detonate

For comparison sake - with 36 dps bow this spec pulls 700dps on dummies, and in raid rifts tonight I was doing 1100dps single target, about 1800 multiple target.
    Last edited by Bonshee; 04-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Telaran

Thanks for the input, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was the only one to ever try this. I simply meant I didn't find a build on the forums but tinkered with many builds (probably wasted about 50plat in respec fees). This one was doing a good bit more dps for me than the rest and I wanted to share my findings with the community.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by voigt View Post
    Thanks for the input, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was the only one to ever try this. I simply meant I didn't find a build on the forums but tinkered with many builds (probably wasted about 50plat in respec fees). This one was doing a good bit more dps for me than the rest and I wanted to share my findings with the community.
    Thank you for contributing. I apologize if I came off a bit rash. I am still a bit irritated with all the other posts where people are posting builds identical to ones I suggested and tested well before 1.1 even hit and people started scrambling.

I would urge you to try what I posted and compare results and come back with any questions or concerns.

Soulwalker

Wonder if you could tweek this for a PvP build.
    Been looking for a heavy Sabo PvP build after 1.1.
    Maybe go heavier in Nightblade and pull back from Ranger? dont know...

Im also busy with a same sort of build. Although i seem to have taken a slightely different direction then the two posts above:

Build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MofueocoVz.V0x

Gear:
    Mainly T1 and a Epic T2 Gun

Rotation:
    Fiery Spike, Spike Charge, Spike Charge, Spike Charge, Piercing Shot, Head Shot
    (Opportunity), Fiery Spike, Spike Charge, Spike Charge, Cripling Shot, Detonate

DPS on Boss Dummy (no buffs/help/whatever):
    Around 625-650 dps where a basic sab build gave me around 480 dps doing 5x spike, detonate, 5x shrapnel, detonate (from range).
    So even if i dont manage to keep my pet up im still doing the same amount of single target dps (just loosing my aoe abilities that my old sab spec gave).

Notes compared to your build:
    Hasten Call is to important, where around 120-150dps comes from your pet alone.

Note to people claming these sort of builds:
    Just because you came up with this type of builds, doesnt mean others didnt came up with it themselves.. Be happy there are ppl like the OP that share their builds with the community..
    There are so many people playing this game so I bet people where already trying it out back in alpha or beta, but it was just not viable (compared to the old sab specs).
    Last edited by Daex; 04-05-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Dont forget to check out my poems/lyrics: Saboteur Poem / Saboteur Lyrics.
    Ps. English is not my native language.

Shadowlander

still wondering why people go for Nightblade?The charges do not count as combo point generating abilities and detonate does not count as a finisher, basically your points in nightblade are a waste if you do not reach hellfire blades dmg buff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by HacKey View Post
    still wondering why people go for Nightblade?The charges do not count as combo point generating abilities and detonate does not count as a finisher, basically your points in nightblade are a waste if you do not reach hellfire blades dmg buff.
    has anyone else tested this?
    Erazed - 50 rogue.

Rift Disciple

0sabo/0ranger/0nb
    http://i52.tinypic.com/b5jrs3.jpg

0sabo/0ranger/8nb
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2dhz03p.png

The blast charge is probably best to compare. Had 18% crit rate in both.

Avg 243 / 209 = 1.16 or roughly a 15% gain. Seems oddly close to the 15% bonus to combo point generating abilities.
    Last edited by Bonshee; 04-06-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bonshee View Post
    0sabo/0ranger/0nb
    http://i52.tinypic.com/b5jrs3.jpg

0sabo/0ranger/8nb
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2dhz03p.png

The blast charge is probably best to compare. Had 18% crit rate in both.

Avg 243 / 209 = 1.16 or roughly a 15% gain. Seems oddly close to the 15% bonus to combo point generating abilities.
    they are not...they count as poisons and thats why you spec the 15% more psn dmg @ assa....and there's only around 10dps difference, that is a small number caused by critluck

wtf are you on about making 1minute parses anyway?You call that theory crafting..god save me..

Rift Disciple

Yeah would it be better to drop 20 into sin ? it get rid of pet in ranger? ymm

After my own testing yesterday. I can say that the NB 15% does work on charges. I was seeing around 25 more damage per charge increase on average after putting points in it, and these weren't crits.

Sabo 0 Pts. -
    175 avg blast charge. 250 crit Detonate 400 avg. 625 crit
    Sabo 0 Pts. - NB 10 Pt.s -
    200 avg blast charge. 315 crit Detonate 450 avg. 700 crit

That is what I wrote down yesterday.
    Last edited by Knyght; 04-06-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Airic Knyght
    The Guardians
    |:|:| Saboteur |:|:| Riftstalker |:|:| Assassin |:|:|
    Recruitment Thread
    |:|:| "Libertas Ara Amplus" |:|:|

Rift Disciple

they are not...they count as poisons and thats why you spec the 15% more psn dmg @ assa....and there's only around 10dps difference, that is a small number caused by critluck

wtf are you on about making 1minute parses anyway?You call that theory crafting..god save me..
    They are still a combo point generating ability, it doesn't matter that their damage is affected by poison talents.

Here you see a static 18% crit rate on both parses, therefore there is no rng crit benefit to one parse over the other.

The trees were wiped clean and both parser with and without points in just the nightblade tree to prove that it does in fact affect charge damage and detonate damage.

Please enlighten me where you feel this doesn't prove they do in fact affect it... It's a barebones parse taking identical crit rates on base abilities, there is really no rng you claim.

This is the exact build I use for raiding and dps. It performs pretty well.

I hit close to 600 single target solo, raid buffed I hit 800. The aoe damage with frag is good.

I'm still looking for better, the strength of the build is it's all range. The weaknesses are it's boring to play and the pet tends to die a lot. For myself with cleaves and such I have no idea why someone would take assassin over ranger. In T2s I'm consistently top dps because I'm ranged. In raiding I think there's better out there and am still searching.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-06-2011 at 08:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast