+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stealth vs aoe

Plane Walker

Default stealth vs aoe

right some things about the workings really started to annoy me.

while i agree some effects like groudn aoe's should always hit you if your in them.

but i've noticed things like crossfire hitting you out of stealth. while crosfire hits main target and some random targets around it. it should require the caster to see them as it literally shoots arrows at them. same goes for other effects. if it hits an area around target yes it should hit you. but if it hits x ammount of random targets nearby it should never hit you as that requires you to see the targets.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, I'm used to AOE breaking stealth in these games, but this one has too much AOE for that mechanic to stay as it is IMHO. Maybe like something has to do at least 500 damage to remove you from stealth or something to that effect, I'm not sure.

Not only that, but some things seem to have a ridiculous range. I can be wayyyyyyyy outside of a fight locating a healer to target, then all of the sudden I get pulled out by Path of the Hurricane (paragon ability I believe). I wasn't around anyone, and there's no real reason to be casting it in my direction...makes little sense.

Not a good situation when you have Pyros hitting "tab-1-2 tab-1-2" and owning everything in sight.

Plane Walker

ye i agree i've always been ranged or non stealthed melee in pvp (bd/rift for huge mobility bonusses ) but now i try assasin and hell this is just a royal pain. its almost impossible to get near certain targets.

Telaran

use hidden veil and problem solved

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Meccros View Post
    use hidden veil and problem solved
    only if you expect it to happen if you don't your still hit.

Rift Disciple

15 points up 1 point talent:
    requires stealth
    the rogue is able to warp the shadow energy around them giving 20% chance of not being affected by area effect attacks.
    for every point the player spends in assassination above 16 the chance of stealth not being broken is increased by 2%

something like that, obviously the numbers could be tweaked.
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Telaran

i agreee aoe spells that u put circle on ground to cast should hit us but as u said stuff like multy shot or simillar should not hit us unless he/she can see us and imo its not exaclty aoe

Fine with spells doing this where you have to chose a location on the ground to affect.

But arrows from shots like crossfire is just wrong. Hasn't happened to me, just think it's silly.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    15 points up 1 point talent:
    requires stealth
    the rogue is able to warp the shadow energy around them giving 20% chance of not being affected by area effect attacks.
    for every point the player spends in assassination above 16 the chance of stealth not being broken is increased by 2%

something like that, obviously the numbers could be tweaked.
    hmmm i like the id. as for the massive ammounts of aoe used in pvp here it could use some tweaking in staying hidden. like in the pvp soul or something

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    only if you expect it to happen if you don't your still hit.
    theres no reason not to use hidden veil if your specced into heavy assassin, it's not on a timer until it's activated and you can enter and leave stealth as much as you want, it doesn't even cause a gcd. turn it on when you spawn and activate your weapon enchants

it's also on a short cooldown

It may not make sense with the graphic, but I kinda image in as thou the archer or such is blindly firing lots of arrows but its only showing the main arrows.

I got hidden veil so its rarely not a big issue for me ATM. Although that purposed talent seems pretty cool similar to other classes (spend X points get X% better) abilities.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Soulwalker

Default Aoe

Theres a very good reason why someone would not have hidden veil. If you are the correct spec for PVP you wont have enough points in Assassin to get it. Rogue Suffer from 3 problems AOE and Mobility and dropping combat. 1 Can be solved by spec'ing properly for pvp. However the downside is you lose Hidden Veil. A few things should be done to make the quality of life for Melee rogues better. At the moment we cant do our jobs effectivly becuase our stealth is in such a weak state.

1.Make it so Splash damage on any and all abilities of players not using a targeted Ground AOE spell does not pop us out.

Logic is they didnt know you where there to start with so they were not seeking you. They just happen to randomly mash a key that has splash damage!

Here is a situation most of us can relate to. Theres a warrior or something on our healer. You want to help the healer but sadly as you get in range splash dmg by the target you are trying to peel pops you out. Player continues to kill healer because you could not get an opener on them and then turns around and continues to hit you.

Our goal as rogues isn't always to do damage. We should be masters of control, assisting our team where we can. Our tools help us lock a target down for a kill or to protect our ranged. If those conditions are fine we proceed to play offensive.

2. Melee Damage needs to be slightly Increased based on glass cannon theory alone.

Rogues are basicly Melee/physical mages. We are squishy and as such we need to be able to make the limited time we have on a target matter. We get in we "Assasinate" someone and get out. By no means are we warriors or clerics able to stay in the fray for extended periods of time. This also applies to PVE, cross the board melee at this point in the game are at a higher risk than ranged.

3.The Out of combat issue! "ZOMGWILLYOUSTEALTHALREADY"

As a rogue and as per what was stated above we need to be able to get out of combat in one way or another. Currently there are 3 problems with dropping combat when slip away is down. First theres the npcs that dont leash or drop target when you are a a half a map or more away from thier spawn point. Second there are player pets that do not leash when you range the pet owner. That affects all classes but its grounds for another post on pets and pet management. Lastly there is players who have you targeted sometimes will not allow you to drop combat even if you are out of line of site and they cant hit you for 10 seconds or more.

In my humble oppinion 1 of 2 things needs to be done to fix this. Remove the cooldown on steath or make it so that if you have not been attacked for 10 seconds you can stealth. However you choose to fix it all pets and npc's inculding towers in the warfront I like to call "The Bridge" aka Port Scion.

In conclusion these are just 3 things i would like to see worked on. Im keeping my fingers crossed

Plane Walker

that actually sums it up greatly thx for your imput

+ Reply to Thread