+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Primal Strike Talented > Backstab

Default Primal Strike Talented > Backstab

New fun evidence for everyone.

Primal Strike + Primal eath DPSD = 177.77 dps

http://bayimg.com/HAgilaaDk

Backstab DPS = 146.82

http://bayimg.com/nAgIbaadk

Now the BS parse clearly is a longer parse. This was intentional as it was showing significantly less dps at a earlier parse of < 5 min.

Why BS is not more dmg than a base Primal Strike in terms of DPS , I can't even begin to fathom. Obviously the +atp part of it is broken. Also what should give BS more dps is that it's crit % is also higher than Primal Strike by itself. Yet their dps still came out almost the same.

Take from it what you will, but this seems sort of broken. Also, Primal Strike with Primal Death scale significantly better than Backstab alone given the availible talents.
    Last edited by Satyrnos; 04-05-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Satyr-knows Best!
    Satyrnos - 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Religion - XX Warrior - Shatterbone

Telaran

Quick question: since you added the soul talent Primal Death into this mix, did you add any Sin talents for Backstab damage? Seems to me Backstab is indeed comparatively useless unless you add in Advanced Flanking and Serrated Blades (with Expose Weakness) into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Infusco View Post
    Quick question: since you added the soul talent Primal Death into this mix, did you add any Sin talents for Backstab damage? Seems to me Backstab is indeed comparatively useless unless you add in Advanced Flanking and Serrated Blades (with Expose Weakness) into the mix.
    Serrated blades has nothing to do with Backstab. Yes Advanced flanking will increase backstab dmg, by approx 6% , maybe lower. 6% of 140ish dps does not equate 30dps difference regardless.
    Satyr-knows Best!

Shadowlander

Doesn't SB tick right when you crit? Then again it works on other powers too

Wow, backstab is pretty awful for being a positional, huh?

I think the benefit from atp is broken on a lot of skills currently. Also, armor is a high value in pve and on bosses. Which means that BS could be better for pvp. Which I assume assassins were designed for...beyond the first 17 pts that is.

Twilight force is also not worth the 1 pt anymore currently for pve.
    Satyr-knows Best!

+ Reply to Thread