+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assa playstyle question

Default Assa playstyle question

Hey, I started playing rift for 6 days ago and here to seek some advice and thoughts about Assassination playstyle. Im currently ms assa with rift/inf. Im just 35 atm, but this goes for endgame spec style. Those who are familiar with the spec knows about the playstyle. But vs decent/good players, no matter class, I'm finding myself spamming savage strike at times due to positioning problems (such as when our stuns are on cd, enemies keeps their back away from us). Dont get me wrong, I am able to use a good handful of my abilities right, but at times during a fight this "savage spam" is the outcome (even with 70% slow on the enemy). It's also a bit frustrating since the recommended specs for assa doesn't seem to pick up the improved savage, and yet "we tend to" use it to build up combo pts in PvP.

Tips and thoughts from more exp assa rogue players?
    Last edited by Ayronamic; 04-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...etoVictory.jpg

That's probably the most helpful thing I can give you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadzio View Post
    mages are supposed to just stand still thus ground of strength

l2p scrub
    I found Gersh's Smurf account!
    (I wish this dude was being sarcastic)
    Having problems with PVP as a Rogue @ 50? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post

You sir, have just made my day. I lol'd IRL.

+10 internetz to u
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

I'll honestly be the first and say to chalk it up to still leveling. Plus I always get imp SS, you use it a lot so it just makes sense to take it.

Also, Backstab really only works well in PvE or situations in PvP where you're not the target's focus.

Common sense.

Oh LOL I just saw this... woot! ^_^
    Last edited by Sayaka; 04-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Sayaka View Post
    I'll honestly be the first and say to chalk it up to still leveling. Plus I always get imp SS, you use it a lot so it just makes sense to take it.

Also, Backstab really only works well in PvE or situations in PvP where you're not the target's focus.

Common sense.
    The Talent Double Cross makes your Savage Strike hit/Crit almost as hard as Backstab, with a higher chance to crit.

Backstab is a worthless talent in Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadzio View Post
    mages are supposed to just stand still thus ground of strength

l2p scrub
    I found Gersh's Smurf account!
    (I wish this dude was being sarcastic)
    Having problems with PVP as a Rogue @ 50? Click Here

Telaran

The Talent Double Cross makes your Savage Strike hit/Crit almost as hard as Backstab, with a higher chance to crit.

Backstab is a worthless talent in Rift.
    Actually, I was curious about that myself since, on one hand, you have Improved Savage Strike and Double Cross to make Savage Strike hit hard as hell, but on the other hand, Backstab does get Advanced Flanking, which every Assassin should absolutely have since it significantly boosts your opener at the very least.

Taking Serrated Blades (and hence Expose Weakness) into consideration, and assuming both Savage Strike and Backstab are both fully soul point boosted, which does more damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Infusco View Post
    Taking Serrated Blades (and hence Expose Weakness) into consideration, and assuming both Savage Strike and Backstab are both fully soul point boosted, which does more damage?
    Think this thread pretty much summed that up. Backstab do a tad more damage but we are not able to spam backstab vs people with a clue, meaning you'll benefit more from improved savage due to using it 80% of the time compared to backstab.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    Think this thread pretty much summed that up. Backstab do a tad more damage but we are not able to spam backstab vs people with a clue, meaning you'll benefit more from improved savage due to using it 80% of the time compared to backstab.
    Primal strike does even more damage than backstab, just puttin' it out there. So do does the Blade Dancer's Quick Strike.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

I decided to removed backstab and its imp talent(s), leaving me with 1 pt left to get 32 pt imaple talent... should i tae enduring brew, is there anyone that uses it? How is the healing output u get vs its dot
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    I decided to removed backstab and its imp talent(s), leaving me with 1 pt left to get 32 pt imaple talent... should i tae enduring brew, is there anyone that uses it? How is the healing output u get vs its dot
    It's more of cc breaker.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Lol, I needed a good laugh before I have to go to class. =)
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

meh.. after tryin this out i got a bit hopeless.. to much savage spam, tho every class probl have something they use often, just feels like assa is a bit to much bout savage inbetween bleeds... last question; any other melee rogue spec that is "viable" in PvP, thus rogue's state atm. Bladedancer looks like a pve/dps spec, I'm thinking Nightblade with rift/inf could be worth a shot (or speccing fully into rift ms)
    Last edited by Ayronamic; 04-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

+ Reply to Thread