+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's my Birthday Build.. BD / AS / Rng

Default It's my Birthday Build.. BD / AS / Rng

So, ya working on my Birthday today. I just turned 36 while bored out of my mind because it's SLOOOW today I decided to do a fun build. I've said this in the past so some may now. I like the way BD plays. I just like the feel of it. However, I also enjoy pvp. So if your going to PvP, you have to have points in to Assassin it just goes hand in hand. Then I realized that with out some points into NB how am I going to kill stuff. I don't have the extra 15% in Combos and Finishers!? Also I lose my ranged Finisher as well.. So what can I do to make up for it? Soooo, I went to the drawing boards and this is what I came up with.

My PvP BD Build

Ok let's go over why I went this ways. The Pro's & Con's

PRO'S

- Dancing Steel ( yummy )
    - Blade Tempo ( So sexy )
    - Combat Efficiency ( amazing )
    - Flash of Steel ( one of my favorite moves in the game )
    - Slip Away ( PvP get of jail free card )
    - Foul Play ( 4 sec stun? Yes please? )
    - Cloak & Dagger ( 15% more dmg done / less dmg taken, is there a bad here? )
    - Impale ( enough said )
    - Magnify Pain ( main reason all people go Assassin )
    - Head Shot ( My solution for ranged finisher )

Cons

- No real protection here
    - Zero cleanse of roots stuns except for while in Blade of Steel ( may try and use it while stunned to see if it works )

Which brings me to the final thoughts here. I'm not sure because I usually never use it but does anyone out there know if Jagged Strike has to be from Stealth? If it doesn't then this is going to be very nice.

Ok so here's opener to finishers...

Open with Stealth mode of course! Let's get a Exposed Weakness going, follow up with Assassinate ( 3 points ), Jagged Strike ( 3 points ), (5 points ) Impale Finisher. We now have great dots going also you now gained 15% more dmg and take 15% less. Lets pop our Blade tempo increasing our total physical dmg down by 45%. Malicious Strike ( 70% Slow yummy ), Keen Strike (1 point ), Precision Strike ( 2 points), Paralyzing Strike ( 2 point ) this should put you at 5 points it also allows a 4 second energy recovery. Do a Deadly Strike to finish. So it should look like this..

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Assassinate > Jagged Strike > Impale ( They're in a hurt locker )
    Blade Tempo > Malicious Strike > Keen Strike > Precision Strike > Paralyzing Strike > Deadly Strike

Now for my own questions for you guys. Does Adding 8 seconds to the length of the Impale and Jagged Strike lower the amount it does per tick? Or does it just calculate the dmg it does at the normal length and add an additional 8 seconds to that? I would assume it's the later. Next, I would really like to know if Jagged Strike is only for openers from stealth. If it's not...

Keen Strike > Quick Strike > Jagged Strike 5 Pointers all day.

Any way tell me what you think, good bad or ugly I am going to go do lunch in 30 to test this out so we shall see

Wow, I fogot to post my build sorry guys lol
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dz.0AMftcbodbk

Ok just got back from a quick lunch break and a test on this build.. one word WOW!

Ok couple things I did see that I didn't know because I've never gone deep into the Assassin tree. One, Paralyzing Strike & Jagged Strike both are from stealth. However, it doesn't matter because you don't need to spam them in this build. Seriously, I was very impressed with the dmg I was out putting. No, I don't have a Parse. I can tell you it was like I had two sets of dmg going at the same time. I can say that you won't even need NB with this build, flat out won't.

Ok so here's how the fights go.

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike > Keen Strike > Precision Strike > Impale
    Now remember you've got 2 Dots running on the including the poisons your already doing from having on Lethal Poison AND Leaching.

Then you follow up with a Keen Strike > Quick Strike > Keen Strike > Precision Strike > Deadly Strike

If they are still alive I'd be impressed to be honest. Remember you can and will have 15% more dmg added you still can add Blade Tempo for more. I REALLY like how this build works.
    Last edited by -DK-; 04-05-2011 at 12:42 PM.

I really really hate not being able to edit past 5 mins..

I just caught the fact that I wrote down the 2nd line of attack incorrectly.

Since you just did a Keen strike prior to your Impale.. It's still up.

Precision Strike > Keen Strike> Quick Strike > Deadly Strike

Telaran

If you're not going to use the tier 1 of the ranger tree, I'd suggest atleast going RS for the planeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattpatt View Post
    If you're not going to use the tier 1 of the ranger tree, I'd suggest atleast going RS for the planeshift.
    I went Ranger for the ranged finisher Head Shot or I would have. Since I I have Flash of Steel I still can close the gap on people I'm chasing. Or use someone else around or even a monster to simply flash to. Since I use Malicious Strike a lot people can't run away so easily and it also works great for getting away from people too.
    Last edited by -DK-; 04-05-2011 at 01:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread