+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: What 51 point ranger builds for T1 & T2 can do over 600 DPS?

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default What 51 point ranger builds for T1 & T2 can do over 600 DPS?

    Let's see your 51 point ranger builds and let us know what kind of DPS you are pulling on single targets. Also be helpful if you give an idea of your gear level and typical rotation.

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    Let's see your 51 point ranger builds and let us know what kind of DPS you are pulling on single targets. Also be helpful if you give an idea of your gear level and typical rotation.
    There's really only one...... 51 ranger / 15 nb / 0 sin

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara GoldenArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    745

    Default

    With T1-T2 gear that 51/15 build goes about 650~ to dummy but under buffs you can reach a lot more.
    The reason behind this is that ranger's pet also gets the buffs increasing the output of the pet by a large margin aswell.

    I've managed to pull off around 850~ on some T2 bosses due to buffs.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    RANGER SUCKS BALLS. there dps isnt that great because 1/3 of it relies on pet. pets die in t1s and t2s by aoes easily and healers dont heal them.

    this build is your best bet and i do hella dmg (mostly in blues and 3 t1 items)

    I have 51 point marksman 7 point ranger 8 point night blade

    ranger i got crit and ranged dmg (i mostly went ranger to get feral instinncs for 46 Attack power buff)
    nightblade for the 15% combo dmg ability and 3 into the finisher ability.

    this build rapes pvp (if u are not by urself) and pve is awesome burst damage and descent aoe.

    for pvp the leap back ability is best used with repelling shot. ie use repelling shot to KB them then leap back so ur 35 meters away from target and since u maxed MM u get that additional 5 meters of ranged attack thus allowing you to **** more. then when they get close pop the 1min cd aoe that kbs enemeies within 10 meters of you and u have a good amount of time to not be attacked by enemy, if they are targeting you that is. if they are busy with someone else pop snipers ped and pop ur cds which is awesome cuz u can do hella burst damage for 30 seconds.

    use combo abilitys to get target at 5 points (or just use strafe). then pop 100%chance crit buff, hit and run (for instant empowered/deadeye shot with no cds). and also pop the -50% energy cost of skills all at same time and jsut bombard them with empowered and deadeye until ur buffs run out and they begin casting to fire. then pop the skill which reseets all mm abilities and do it again!

    LOL **** im telling you with ok gear and 35% crit ull be critting for atleast 1.8k on deadeye and 600-700 on empowered shot. ull **** all but warriors (plate blah!)

    for pve its even easier (JUST CARE ULL TAKE AGRO FROM CRAZY DPS ULL DO)
    pop snipers pedistal and just empowered, lightning fury and quickshot in whatever order you want until you can deadeye and repeat.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara GoldenArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyCowey View Post
    RANGER SUCKS BALLS. there dps isnt that great because 1/3 of it relies on pet. pets die in t1s and t2s by aoes easily and healers dont heal them.

    this build is your best bet and i do hella dmg (mostly in blues and 3 t1 items)

    I have 51 point marksman 7 point ranger 8 point night blade

    ranger i got crit and ranged dmg (i mostly went ranger to get feral instinncs for 46 Attack power buff)
    nightblade for the 15% combo dmg ability and 3 into the finisher ability.

    this build rapes pvp (if u are not by urself) and pve is awesome burst damage and descent aoe.

    for pvp the leap back ability is best used with repelling shot. ie use repelling shot to KB them then leap back so ur 35 meters away from target and since u maxed MM u get that additional 5 meters of ranged attack thus allowing you to **** more. then when they get close pop the 1min cd aoe that kbs enemeies within 10 meters of you and u have a good amount of time to not be attacked by enemy, if they are targeting you that is. if they are busy with someone else pop snipers ped and pop ur cds which is awesome cuz u can do hella burst damage for 30 seconds.

    use combo abilitys to get target at 5 points (or just use strafe). then pop 100%chance crit buff, hit and run (for instant empowered/deadeye shot with no cds). and also pop the -50% energy cost of skills all at same time and jsut bombard them with empowered and deadeye until ur buffs run out and they begin casting to fire. then pop the skill which reseets all mm abilities and do it again!

    LOL **** im telling you with ok gear and 35% crit ull be critting for atleast 1.8k on deadeye and 600-700 on empowered shot. ull **** all but warriors (plate blah!)

    for pve its even easier (JUST CARE ULL TAKE AGRO FROM CRAZY DPS ULL DO)
    pop snipers pedistal and just empowered, lightning fury and quickshot in whatever order you want until you can deadeye and repeat.
    That's BS. With 51point ranger your pet won't die because of the AoE damage reduction. I've done all T1/T2's with ranger and only case where I lost my pet was in DD and even then I could easily revive him with call.

    Ranger is the best ranged DPS rogue can currently provide in instances. 51/15 can be used while moving, has decent aoe damage and can deal enough single target.

    Only utility marksman provides in instances is 18 pedestal combined with ranger tree. But other than that marksman is even worse than saboteur for instances.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 04-05-2011 at 09:52 AM.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    idk man. I had that build well sorta. i had 51 ranger 15 bd
    and dps was allright. but too much reliability on pet that I don't like. my pet dies too many times and I just dont like dealing with it so i went MM build i jsut described and happen to see better results imo plus its less rotation of skills and you can use it in pvp. the burst dmg is awesome for boss fights when trying to get them outa a certain stage or in whatever situation where u need to kill some extremely fast. ie rotf tree boss the bees nests, extra adds on some bosses. GSB the boss that summons giant bombs. stuff like that needs burst dps not constant. and mm is where its at.

    EDIT****

    also every group ive been in as mm prefers me as that....
    Last edited by CuddlyCowey; 04-05-2011 at 09:57 AM.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara GoldenArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyCowey View Post
    idk man. I had that build well sorta. i had 51 ranger 15 bd
    and dps was allright. but too much reliability on pet that I don't like. my pet dies too many times and I just dont like dealing with it so i went MM build i jsut described and happen to see better results imo plus its less rotation of skills and you can use it in pvp. the burst dmg is awesome for boss fights when trying to get them outa a certain stage or in whatever situation where u need to kill some extremely fast. ie rotf tree boss the bees nests, extra adds on some bosses. GSB the boss that summons giant bombs. stuff like that needs burst dps not constant. and mm is where its at.

    EDIT****

    also every group ive been in as mm prefers me as that....
    BD? That's just horribly wrong. You are either very bad with 51r/15nb/0sin or just don't give a crap.
    It's way better than any build you can create with marksman.

    PvE builds should never be made with PvP in thought. It's always wrongly min/maxed.

  8. #8
    Rift Master Carthoris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    ... even worse than saboteur for instances.
    Saboteur is hands-down our strongest AoE spec, no question, and played properly is still one of our highest single-target specs. I think 42 NB is better on dummies but myself and my guild all run sab for instances and raids because it's the highest possible DPS we've found.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    709

    Default

    as the game stands not if you do not like pet builds you are kinda SoL int eh DPS department... all the high end DPS builds most the souls have a pet specs... The reason is because of the math behind the pets, they scale stupid well.

    Not to mention if you have 51 points in ranger there is no AoE in the game that will kill it, unless it killed you, it will only die to a single target attack.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    Saboteur is hands-down our strongest AoE spec, no question, and played properly is still one of our highest single-target specs. I think 42 NB is better on dummies but myself and my guild all run sab for instances and raids because it's the highest possible DPS we've found.
    then you are running with bad rogues... Sab may be decent in AoE but its single target blows, especially nest to a ranger now

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Finkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    as the game stands not if you do not like pet builds you are kinda SoL int eh DPS department... all the high end DPS builds most the souls have a pet specs... The reason is because of the math behind the pets, they scale stupid well.

    Not to mention if you have 51 points in ranger there is no AoE in the game that will kill it, unless it killed you, it will only die to a single target attack.
    I tried a 51 point ranger build. While I liked the DPS it put out compared to other rogue builds, it just didn't work for me in practical application. The first day I ran with the spec I did an LH, KB, and DD run. On the last boss in KB, the last boss in DD, and the last 2 bosses in LH my pet could NOT stay alive more than 15-20 sec. I insta summoned another one and BOOM 20 seconds dead. Now I am left with 2/3 of my DPS on a fight where it matters. That was enough for me to dump the spec.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    BD? That's just horribly wrong. You are either very bad with 51r/15nb/0sin or just don't give a crap.
    It's way better than any build you can create with marksman.

    PvE builds should never be made with PvP in thought. It's always wrongly min/maxed.
    well we only get 4 builds. one is taken up by pve melle one by bard and one by tank. i went mm because it is awesome pve and pvp. also i went 51ranger/15 bd because of the dex and HIT rate.

    having that 5% hit made it a lot easier to join t1s. the 15% dex and dex Buff from bd was nice for some dmg and crit which is not bad at all imo.

    but maybe ill delete my tank build (since nobody seems to want a tank rogue which idk why cuz everytime ive tanked the healer boasts about how much easier healing is on me) and try this ranger/nb build.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyCowey View Post
    well we only get 4 builds. one is taken up by pve melle one by bard and one by tank. i went mm because it is awesome pve and pvp. also i went 51ranger/15 bd because of the dex and HIT rate.

    having that 5% hit made it a lot easier to join t1s. the 15% dex and dex Buff from bd was nice for some dmg and crit which is not bad at all imo.

    but maybe ill delete my tank build (since nobody seems to want a tank rogue which idk why cuz everytime ive tanked the healer boasts about how much easier healing is on me) and try this ranger/nb build.
    with the amount of hit on gear taking a hit talent is a bad idea... it takes very little hit rating to get 5%... so spending 5 talent points for less hit and a single piece of gear will great you is just a bad idea.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    with the amount of hit on gear taking a hit talent is a bad idea... it takes very little hit rating to get 5%... so spending 5 talent points for less hit and a single piece of gear will great you is just a bad idea.
    thing is i didnt go bd for the hit. its just a better talent than the dodge.
    I went bd for the massive DEX increase.

    I prefer more crit over more ap
    and since im getting pure dex from the 15point in bd im getting a descent amount of crit with about 40 ap
    rather than getting 30 dmg on my finisher and 15 dmg on my combo builder

    but i see why nb would be nice after using it with my mm build. i will have to try it for ranger to see whats up

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyCowey View Post
    thing is i didnt go bd for the hit. its just a better talent than the dodge.
    I went bd for the massive DEX increase.

    I prefer more crit over more ap
    and since im getting pure dex from the 15point in bd im getting a descent amount of crit with about 40 ap
    rather than getting 30 dmg on my finisher and 15 dmg on my combo builder

    but i see why nb would be nice after using it with my mm build. i will have to try it for ranger to see whats up
    you do know one of the bottom things in sabo is 15% dex... and you don't have to throw away points...

    but even still going ranger and not going 51 points will lower your effect DPS in groups... it MIGHT parse better (prolly not) but the effect DPS will be lower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts