+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fix Rogues now.

Plane Touched

Default Fix Rogues now.

Its amazing how a close up melle dps class do so little dps compare to other archtypes.

So i hit 50 and decided to que up the warfronts. To my surprise i couldnt' kill anyone unless it was a lonely rouge that i got the jump off of.
    Our dps is way too low and should be looked at immediately.
    I don't even fell like playing no more.Whats the point?
    I have tried tons of different specs trying to find something that would work.I am broke now and really don't wanna pve to get money.
    Since the sab nerf their damage has been cut to more than 50 percent.
    Pyro's pretty much one shots us.Considering it takes around 6 seconds to build 5 charges and detonate for a total of around 1500 damage if it doesn't crit , is useless.I even try pure sab for the quick reload .wasn't worth it .
    Fix us now.The low dps of assasin is not enough to drop anyone .i have tried combos of assasin bladedancer nightblade i can't still find a good build to kill anyone unless its another rogue.
    I refuse to level another archtype just to be the fofm . Fix rogues.

Rift Disciple

Hmmm first time posting something on forums?

l2grammar.

Just roll MM/NB or Rng/NB and youll be ok

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    Its amazing how a close up melle dps class do so little dps compare to other archtypes.

So i hit 50 and decided to que up the warfronts. To my surprise i couldnt' kill anyone unless it was a lonely rouge that i got the jump off of.
    I have tried tons of different specs trying to find something that would work.I am broke now and really don't wanna pve to get money.
    Pyro's pretty much one shots us.Considering it takes around 6 seconds to build 5 charges and detonate for a total of around 1500 damage if it doesn't crit , is useless.I even try pure sab for the quick reload .wasn't worth it .
    Fix us now.The low dps of assasin is not enough to drop anyone .i have tried combos of assasin bladedancer nightblade i can't still find a good build to kill anyone unless its another rogue.
    I lol'd. Just stop while you're ahead. Rogues aren't warriors. We're not supposed to be able to walk into groups of people that are getting heals and face roll everything. Learn to spec a rogue then learn how to play that spec. I can kill mages before they can even react to me hitting them if I wanted. The great thing about it, is that even if they can react fast enough and break stuns, I've already used slip away and I'm watching them die from dots. I don't even use that spec anymore due to a more viable spec. So seriously brah, stop QQing and stop sucking.

Phu
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post

I play an assassin build for WF's and I kill people just fine. Although it relays a lot on being stealthy and picking people off, I do kill them.

Here's my build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ARftsfqddR.V0x

The only of it is to crit with all your openings and combo as well as finishers and then slip away till you can find the next target. Of course, if you can't that one person, you'll have to cc him and run away again till you're able to re-stealth. I try not to target mages that are on Ground of Strength and you shouldn't either if you're a rogue.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy Moon View Post
    I lol'd. Just stop while you're ahead. Rogues aren't warriors. We're not supposed to be able to walk into groups of people that are getting heals and face roll everything. Learn to spec a rogue then learn how to play that spec. I can kill mages before they can even react to me hitting them if I wanted. The great thing about it, is that even if they can react fast enough and break stuns, I've already used slip away and I'm watching them die from dots. I don't even use that spec anymore due to a more viable spec. So seriously brah, stop QQing and stop sucking.
    Wait till they nerf stealth. Trion's gonna, they're midway through operation ruin rogues into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Phu View Post
    I play an assassin build for WF's and I kill people just fine. Although it relays a lot on being stealthy and picking people off, I do kill them.

Here's my build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ARftsfqddR.V0x
    That's your PvP build? It's super fragile, and there is no range, no CC breaks.I'd guess one instant cast CC from anybody your beating on with a heal, and you're toast. That build might work in open world pvp though, or at least you could escape I suppose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyleader View Post
    Wait till they nerf stealth. Trion's gonna, they're midway through operation ruin rogues into the ground.
    Stealth is bugged and has already been nerfed. Your troll failed.

Phu
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    That's your PvP build? It's super fragile, and there is no range, no CC breaks.I'd guess one instant cast CC from anybody your beating on with a heal, and you're toast. That build might work in open world pvp though, or at least you could escape I suppose?
    As I've said when I've posted my build before, it's only used for picking people off. Sure, it's useless if you run into like 5 people or if you got knocked backed and slow but it has all the dmg you need to burst someone down in 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Phu View Post
    As I've said when I've posted my build before, it's only used for picking people off. Sure, it's useless if you run into like 5 people or if you got knocked backed and slow but it has all the dmg you need to burst someone down in 3 seconds.
    No way. Anybody halfway decent would Break Free>instant CC you>heal/purge/pot> and then commence to spanking your ***, or possibly just run towards the nearest AOE healing sprinkler. A good player anyway. Most classes can burn some sort of temp through Jagged Strike. It's nice, but to be truly effective in WFs I think you need some sort of ranged, or some way to stay in the fight alittle longer. What rank are you? I think if you went 35ish to 40 in the sin soul you'd see about the same dps in pvp, but would have quite a bit of versatility to work with. Remember PvP is very "low contact" compared to PvE. Build accordingly.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Angry

Trion better fix rogues, I think Stabalot is getting mad

Rift Disciple

while your spelling and grammar is pretty ****, you're not wrong. there's absolutely no benefit or reward for the risk of being a melee rogue and getting up close and personal. you're given no survivability and you get instagibbed the moment you're tab targeted. on top of it your damage is nothing to write home about either so even if you do manage to survive for a few seconds you're probably not going to kill any half competent player. if you do go for a build that has some survivability you sacrifice the ability do do any real damage. basically what it boils down to is: spec to do enough damage to maybe kill someone, or spec to survive for a few seconds when you're tab targetted by that mage, pick one. of course all this has been said since alpha and the devs have done nothing but nerf the various rogue souls into the ground at every patch. i don't see that changing either, it's pretty clear the devs don't play their own game and they're only being fed feedback that helps already powerful classes

Soulwalker

meh, I'm sure the devs know all about it and will balance some of it out eventually (especially since the game just went live and there is a lot more involved than just changing around a few numbers in code). I wish we could get some feed back from them so we could at least understand their thinking when it comes to the rogue. I'm not looking to be OP, I just want to be able to be competitive and have a chance with all my available souls. (gets a little old un stealthing and dieing 1.5 sec later)

Hopefully they at least fixed the bugged areas such as slip away and increase some damage on mm so it's at least usable. it's nice to mix and match the souls for a good hybrid build but it would be nice to have benefits to spec'ing 51 points in any given soul and have it still be a viable build.

just my 2 cents

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by artimusp View Post
    meh, I'm sure the devs know all about it and will balance some of it out eventually (especially since the game just went live and there is a lot more involved than just changing around a few numbers in code). I wish we could get some feed back from them so we could at least understand their thinking when it comes to the rogue. I'm not looking to be OP, I just want to be able to be competitive and have a chance with all my available souls. (gets a little old un stealthing and dieing 1.5 sec later)

Hopefully they at least fixed the bugged areas such as slip away and increase some damage on mm so it's at least usable. it's nice to mix and match the souls for a good hybrid build but it would be nice to have benefits to spec'ing 51 points in any given soul and have it still be a viable build.

just my 2 cents
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a Dev on a podcast a few weeks ago (maybe 3 weeks ago now) said that "Rogue's are working as intended." Minus a few bugs here and there (game hasn't been out 2 months. Expect bugs all around). I've had some problems with Rogue here and there but nothing major. A lot of rogues that I raid with now are actually happy with their DPS, as am I. I'm always improving my DPS weekly, catching up to everyone else. Although I'm a Bard for most of the raiding I do, I still get to DPS (melee) some and when I do, look out.
    Last edited by Hazy Moon; 04-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy Moon View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a Dev on a podcast a few weeks (maybe 3 weeks ago now) said that "Rogue's are working properly." I've had some problems with Rogue here and there but nothing major. A lot of rogues that I raid with now are actually happy with their DPS, as am I. I'm always improving my DPS weekly, catching up to everyone else. Although I'm a Bard for most of the raiding I do, I still get to DPS (melee) some and when I do, look out.
    If that's the case, they need to out and say it on these forums. It will stop the constant threads on the topic and allow those of us who may or may not resub based on their answer to make that decision now rather than later. Hard to believe the class is working properly when the assassin has next to 0 burst damage and there are Pyros out there doing 5-10k damage casts in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by Calo; 04-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    If that's the case, they need to out and say it on these forums. It will stop the constant threads on the topic and allow those of us who may or may not resub based on their answer to make that decision now rather than later. Hard to believe the class is working properly when the assassin has next to 0 burst damage and there are Pyros out there doing 5-10k damage casts in a matter of seconds.
    Uhh.. Sins have 0 burst? Have you played a 51 sin? Serpent Strike hits for 1k easily.. Open Para Strike, SS (If they break the stun then Slip away, and redo everything, if not, continue), Punc, Foul Play, Impale(If you still have Slip Away, if not then use Final Blow imo). If you still have Slip Away and you use Impale, stun them again with Para Strike and repeat the process. It's made of win... at least for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast