+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PVE melee build.

Default Rogue PVE melee build.

Hello people

Im quite new at this game and im trying to figure out how to make my build for my rogue. Currently i've just winged it and specced assasin/bladestalker/rift, since that was what the game recommended.
    I've read some stuff on this forum about the best build is bard/marksman/dps. Is this true and why?

The thing is, i dont really like the ranged class and i dont thing the bard thing is appealing to me at all. If i should use this build, how would it look in a talent tree though?

And is it possible to use a build only using the melee souls?

Thanks for ur time.

assassin/bd/rift will level very easy if you do your points right. especially on a pvp server...

i personally lvl'd as a ranger the whole way to 50 and sabo/sin for world pvp so i had no problems at all since rangers can take on so many mobs at once, solo major rifts and solo quest elites... but you said you didnt like ranged :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Well, hunter as never been me in wow But i could try it ofc.

How would you put the talents in the talents tree? Owe u big one if u'd mind ;)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

like this http://rift-leveling-guide.org/rift-...leveling-guide

but remember 1-49 is not lvl 50, lvl 50 the game changes, your goal is to get there as easily and fast as possible so you can play what you want to play. don't think of yourself as a hunter but a leveling bot who'se goal is 50. im sure that guide is out of date, just replace bard with assassin once you get higher lvl since i think they moved the heal spell to high lvl.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

I started with a ranged Rogue and only changed mid 40 to a melee based one, and have tried different versions.
    Atm i love my current melee build for PVE at lvl 49, which is a NB/AS/Rift. I started out with one of the heavier DPS builds, but i was forced to drink to often for my liking.
    So i got Riftstalker added to my build, so i could get Rift Scavanger, which is awesome for PVE.
    Also got Shadow Stalk, which helps me setting up my opener, from stealth with Assasinate/Backstab.
    Last edited by Fullmetaljacket; 04-05-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks for the answers guys!
    Just tried the bard/marksman/ranger and im quite impressed. Great dps + i dont loose a single drop of health. Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread