+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I was parsing the DPS of my auto attacks, and I found something interesting.

Koe

Default So I was parsing the DPS of my auto attacks, and I found something interesting.

The initial proc of Serrated Blades, that happens immediately when you crit, is counted as a physical attack ABILITY.

Proof:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...-05_105307.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...-05_105344.jpg

Crit+Serrated Blades with a fresh refresh on the trinket timer. Does someone mind testing essences? I can't put any in my sigil and don't have the planarite to test. When the servers go back up, I mean.

Do you think it can proc things such as weapon enhancements? Weapon procs? Where does it begin, and end?

Phu
    Telaran

I don't know anything about the weapon enchantments for improving Serrated Blades but I've noticed one thing. If you have two different dps weapons, i.e. 32.6 and 29.6, your Serrated Blades will do less dmg if it procs off your offhand weapon instead of your mainhand weapon.

Koe

Just woke up and bought a cheap sigil/greater essence.

Serrated Blades procs greater essences, too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...-05_185013.jpg

Nice find I'll have to play around with this a bit
    True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it.

I hope this doesn't get fixed if it's not intentional

Koe

While it's harder to test, I think it works for Scourge of Darkness too. That might be why nb/sin has humongous burst.

Koe

Made a Baneful Rune.

Serrated Blades also procs that.

It looks like it'll proc anything that requires a damaging ability. I hope this isn't an oversight/bug, because this would severely nerf the output of damage for melee rogues.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Just woke up and bought a cheap sigil/greater essence.

Serrated Blades procs greater essences, too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...-05_185013.jpg
    Nice. Now multiply those by 30 and you'll see Pyro-like numbers.
    Not kidding.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchie View Post
    Nice. Now multiply those by 30 and you'll see Pyro-like numbers.
    Not kidding.

Please leave that out of this thread. This was a testing/discovery thread. I would like to know what else it procs, too.

Prophet of Telara

No offense, but I don't see the great catch here? SB is physical damage, these things state that they proc off of physical damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    No offense, but I don't see the great catch here? SB is physical damage, these things state that they proc off of physical damage...
    no offense, but why doesnt it proc for range physical abilitys then?

Yeah.. what's this thread about? Abilities proccing from what they're supposed to proc from? Great find sir! (...........)

And what doesn't proc from ranged physical abilities? Essences does for sure...
    SB is only for melee crits, as it got nerfed in the last nerf of ranged rogues before the beta ended.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
    Yeah.. what's this thread about? Abilities proccing from what they're supposed to proc from? Great find sir! (...........)

And what doesn't proc from ranged physical abilities? Essences does for sure...
    SB is only for melee crits, as it got nerfed in the last nerf of ranged rogues before the beta ended.

I didn't know that a passive proc counted as a seperate DAMAGING ABILITY. Serrated blades isn't an ABILITY you use. It's a DoT that gets applied whenever you crit.

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/50000...errated-Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Made a Baneful Rune.

Serrated Blades also procs that.

It looks like it'll proc anything that requires a damaging ability. I hope this isn't an oversight/bug, because this would severely nerf the output of damage for melee rogues.
    Or Melee DPS is already severly nerfed lol. we have a 10 second window of about 700 DPS then we are out of energy and finish the parse between 45 500 in full T1 gear, a fresh 50 war in green gear can come and parse 600 to 700 with 2 key strokes over and over.
    Last edited by Wifeagro; 04-06-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Koe

More news!

Serrated blades DOES proc Scourge of Darkness, which is why you see NB/Sin with insane burst. It also procs shield abilities, such as Glacial Shield and Dark Armor.

So, after all this testing I have come to the conclusion that it does, indeed, simply count just as if you're using another ability on the first proc of every crit.

I'm saying it's a bug, but I hope not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast