+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cadence range

Default Cadence range

While doing a T2 dungeon last night I noticed how much of a handicap it is for cadence to have only a 20m range compared to other non melee souls abilities using 30-35 meter. Is there a logical reason for this limited range? On one boss fight in particular all other non melee were able to easily move in and out of line of sight with the target but I had to stand too close and got AEed or nuked into oblivion. I do realize you can counter most bosses abilities with tactics but it just seems odd that all other classes can stay further away.

Banned

Rogues are gimped, we know.

yea it sux, for dungeons 5 points into marksman seems mandatory to put it at 25m range.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Rogues are gimped, we know.
    Well this has nothing to do with dps, I am curious the logic behind 20m and not 30m which is comparable to other classes abilities.

No idea for the short range, as it will cause issues as the game rolls on.
    Increasing the distance would hardly be gamebreaking.
    "Nothing is Forgiven, Nothing is Forgotten"

Anar, 50 High Elf Assassin
    Harmony, 50 High Elf Bard
    Cloudmourne, 50 High Elf Paladin

Maidenfalls PvP Shard

Yes, I agree wholehearted on this.

Did FaE expert yesterday, on a boss, tank told me to heal as much as possible (yes I know I'm bard, but it's not a bad support class when needed in situations for healing whatever ppl say) and stay out of AOE.
    NOT POSSIBLE. 20m range is ridiculous for a healing skill.

I forgot the boss name, but it was the 4th boss, right before Twyl. I don't see anything but snow in that area.
    Take that + watching out for AOE + healing (meaning i need to attack with Cadence non stop) is just not possible.
    Last edited by Nibbler; 04-05-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Shadowlander

you could try out 44 bard/10MM/12 NB.

In Bard, skip coda of Fury and Deafening Music.
    In MM pick up Keen Eye & Increased Firepower.
    In NB, get 5 pts in Blazing Fury, 3 in Unstable State, 2 in Coup De Grace & 2 in Fire & Death.

Gives you a 25m range + 25% AP on crit in addition to NB buffs.

Now the part I'm not sure on is 1) if Cadence ever crits (to trigger increased firepower) and 2) how much the +25% AP would effect your dmg.

Plane Touched

I'm almost certain that those marksman abilities don't work on Cadence, having tested it in late beta/early release. I'll test it again tonight to be sure, but the tooltips clearly state 'ranged weapon attacks', which Cadence is not.

Shadowlander

yea, that could be a problem, never actually tried bard w/ mm. post back so we know :/

Telaran

Good thought, but no Candence is NOT effected by Keen Eye.

I tested out the range suggestions posted and they do not effect cadence, as some others have stated. It just seems a random slap in the face to bards to limit the range they can perform since other classes don't have the same limits. I submitted feedback on it, hopefully others will as well so they will know its a problem and it is stupid.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    yea it sux, for dungeons 5 points into marksman seems mandatory to put it at 25m range.
    lol.... what?
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Rift Disciple

bards being 20meters means that they are more effectively able to distribute their buffs to a whole group of people spread out throughout an encounter, if a bard was back 30meters there would be significant encounters where people would be losing buffs and not getting healed by the bards.........................................

you are out of ae range, if you cant move to get out of line of sight yet every other class is able to, that kind of a you thing.......

hell our bard even cadences scarn while hes in the air for godsake, time to suck it up.

god i hate people who want to make everything super easy and generic.
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    bards being 20meters means that they are more effectively able to distribute their buffs to a whole group of people spread out throughout an encounter, if a bard was back 30meters there would be significant encounters where people would be losing buffs and not getting healed by the bards.........................................

you are out of ae range, if you cant move to get out of line of sight yet every other class is able to, that kind of a you thing.......

hell our bard even cadences scarn while hes in the air for godsake, time to suck it up.

god i hate people who want to make everything super easy and generic.
    God I hate people who think they are superior and know more than others.

Bards short range is the only thing I can use against them to beat them in WFs. (lvl26.. so I probably get more things later)
    But at this level I need to either constantly LOS them so they can't spam heal themselfs or get out of their range and nuke them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast