+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] Helping the bard soul by increasing synergy.

Rift Disciple

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Helping the bard soul by increasing synergy.

Some suggestions that would greatly help out bards through synergy with other souls:

1. Allow Cadence to be considered a range weapon attack (Ranger / Marksman / Assassin / Nightblade).

2. Allow Cruel Vengeance (Assassin) to increase your damage and healing by 2/4/6/8/10% for 10 seconds.

3. Allow Coup De Grace (Nightblade) to increase damage and healing of your finishers by 3/6/9/12/15%.

4. Allow Heat Retention (Nightblade) to increase damage and healing of the next Finisher by 30%.

5. Allow Melted Skin (Nightblade) to increase your damage and healing by 5% for the next 10 seconds.

This has nothing to do with synergy, but it would save my sanity:

6. Change Cadence such that pressing Cadence again while it is channeling will NOT cancel the current channeling of Cadence to start a new channeling of Cadence.
    Last edited by Taldren; 04-05-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added the lightbulb for effect!
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

Rift Disciple

Oh hell, why I am at it ... here is my suggestion for the actual bard soul:

7. Remove Motif of Encouragement. Move Fanfare of Knowledge to 36, Verse of Vitality to 40, Verse of Joy to 44, and add a new 51 point ability that is a channeled AE heal that requires no target, removes 1 negative effect per tic of the channel, and effects up to 10 party and raid members.

8. Reduce the cooldown on Verse of Vitality to 30 seconds and allow it to refresh all motifs durations.
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    Oh hell, why I am at it ... here is my suggestion for the actual bard soul:

7. Remove Motif of Encouragement. Move Fanfare of Knowledge to 36, Verse of Vitality to 40, Verse of Joy to 44, and add a new 51 point ability that is a channeled AE heal that requires no target, removes 1 negative effect per tic of the channel, and effects up to 10 party and raid members.

8. Reduce the cooldown on Verse of Vitality to 30 seconds and allow it to refresh all motifs durations.
    I agree with most of your points, but not so much with 7 & 8. The new ability you suggest at 51 is a good idea, but it might be a bit over the top. Nonetheless a good starting point, bard could need something like that but I'd rather make it a one person or 5 person ability with a CD.

Verse of Vitality should be given a lower CD or higher output, but not refreshing your motifs. That's 5 GCD's you save, so it'd have to be balanced by making our motifs weaker of verse of vitality weaker. I'd rather see Verse of Vitality buffed to heal a bit more, keep the CD, and then make Verse of Joy more useful than it is.

But first post contains good suggestions I wouldn't mind seeing

- Motif of Encouragement needs to go - looking over many soul trees, it certainly stands out as a useless ability and a waste for the investment you put into the bard tree.

- Cadence needs its range increased. I agree also about the 2nd press cancelling the first cast, its really really annoying. Add in some lag, and your looking at no energy and no dps/healing going off.

- Bring back the 10 targets for healing on our abilities. Reducing it to 5 makes no sense, especially in the later raid environments.
    "Nothing is Forgiven, Nothing is Forgotten"

Anar, 50 High Elf Assassin
    Harmony, 50 High Elf Bard
    Cloudmourne, 50 High Elf Paladin

Maidenfalls PvP Shard

Soulwalker

1) Cadence, the cornerstone of our "support" needs:
    - Increased Range from 20 to 30. Whether via talent points or just baseline increase (preferred).
    - The damage increased by other rogue soul synergies or effected by other synergies or able to
    trigger other rogue abilities.
    - The attack mechanic changed. Your first hit determines if subsequent tics will land or not, since you
    cannot miss if the first hit lands, you CAN however interrupt or cancel subsequent tics from "hitting"
    either by movement or interrupt effects. Change this to a single hit check that instead of channels,
    inflicts a DoT effect. This DoT can only be active on one target at a time. This frees up the bard to
    use other attacks (combo point generation) to boost otherwise lacking DPS, and open the floor for
    other soul synergies to be more useful than just for passive effects.
    - The healing mechanic changed. To reflect the above change to Cadence, change the mechanic to
    the healing done. A static number (increased by the damage done by cadence) that tics off a HoT
    divided by the number of players in a group up to 10. This will make us potent in small groups, useful
    in large groups and not be overwhelming in either place.

2) Motiffs only need some tweaking:
    - Either increase duration, or build in an abilit to refresh the durations for ALL active motiffs.
    - As well as increasing the duration via talents, also increase effectiveness by 1% per point. This will
    ensure that our buffs (as a SUPPORT soul) are not overwritten by other buffs, but not make them
    too overpowered.

I beleave that those two changes would address the majority of issues bards have at the moment. Unless I am missing something greater.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zakath View Post
    I agree with most of your points, but not so much with 7 & 8. The new ability you suggest at 51 is a good idea, but it might be a bit over the top. Nonetheless a good starting point, bard could need something like that but I'd rather make it a one person or 5 person ability with a CD.

Verse of Vitality should be given a lower CD or higher output, but not refreshing your motifs. That's 5 GCD's you save, so it'd have to be balanced by making our motifs weaker of verse of vitality weaker. I'd rather see Verse of Vitality buffed to heal a bit more, keep the CD, and then make Verse of Joy more useful than it is.

But first post contains good suggestions I wouldn't mind seeing
    There is a reason I sperateded them into two posts ;)

Shadowlander

Wait, you're telling me that melted skin +10% and the +15% passive bonus to combo generating attacks and +9% to non physical attacks aren't increasing the damage of cadence? Are you sure?

stop badmouthing motif of encouragement lol

you don't LOSE anything by getting it, it's only there for fun/flavor. no other soul gets anything 36 points, i't sonly extra. stop acting like it's existance is somehow preventing you from getting some other motif that should've been in it's place
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Wait, you're telling me that melted skin +10% and the +15% passive bonus to combo generating attacks and +9% to non physical attacks aren't increasing the damage of cadence? Are you sure?
    Cadence can't proc Melted Skin, because it can't proc Hellfire Blades, but Melted Skin can increase the damage of Cadence should it already be procced by another attack type. Invigorated Soul can not crit and heals for exactly what Cadence hits for. It doesn't , however, affect healing by motif, verse, or coda.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    stop badmouthing motif of encouragement lol

you don't LOSE anything by getting it, it's only there for fun/flavor. no other soul gets anything 36 points, i't sonly extra. stop acting like it's existance is somehow preventing you from getting some other motif that should've been in it's place
    Chloromancers get 20 abilities from level 1 through 51. Bard get 18, 19 if you want to include Motif of Encouragement. Although its not a numbers game, the bard just doesn't do anything well enough that it has room to waste in its line for something like MoE.

Rift Disciple

And then there was a guild T2 run and the bard was told he was a liability compared to the chlora/archon who can out heal, out damage, and out buff bards. Awsome.

+ Reply to Thread