+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is it just me? or do you get more DPS from ranged rogue then melee...

Default is it just me? or do you get more DPS from ranged rogue then melee...

just seems so wrong...
    Adapt or Die

Plane Touched

Nope, melee builds definately do more damage. At least, heavy nb or sin builds do more than ranger or mm.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post
    just seems so wrong...
    This is not whatever game you came from. Rogues here are good at many things...instead of only being good at 1 thing. Like any class that is good at many many things they won't be the best at any single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    Nope, melee builds definately do more damage. At least, heavy nb or sin builds do more than ranger or mm.
    i pull just about 600-650 dps unbuffed with ranger
    Adapt or Die

Plane Touched

That seems pretty decent but top geared nb specs are pulling 1k in raids and 700 + unbuffed.

So to answer your original question... ranged generally are not higher than the melee specs in equiv gear. Any discrepencies would be from player skill.

Shield of Telara

That seems pretty decent but top geared nb specs are pulling 1k in raids and 700 + unbuffed.

So to answer your original question... ranged generally are not higher than the melee specs in equiv gear. Any discrepencies would be from player skill.
    whats it like pulling numbers straight out of your aśs??

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    whats it like pulling numbers straight out of your aśs??
    Check the numbers floating around the forums on parses for standstill fights on melee. Plenty or nb pulling in the upper 900s and no rangers pulling close to it.

Flame all you want but the statement stands. No parses or discussion from OP regarding build to substantiate his 600. I'm going off of information available so next time try to post something constructive. Kthx.

Check the numbers floating around the forums on parses for standstill fights on melee. Plenty or nb pulling in the upper 900s and no rangers pulling close to it.

Flame all you want but the statement stands. No parses or discussion from OP regarding build to substantiate his 600. I'm going off of information available so next time try to post something constructive. Kthx.
    its BS, no are you pulling this numbers on rogues xd

only burst, not sustained
    Adapt or Die

Plane Walker

With what spec and gear? I'm a 51 ranger spec and did some testing last night on the training dummy to see what rotation maximizes my DPS. No matter what I couldn't break 500 DPS (and that is me plus raptor - I also experimented with the wolf but it was easily a 50-60 DPS drop). That was with self buffs. I'm in 2 pieces of T2 armor (shoulders and belt), 2 pieces of rank 2 PvP gear (gloves and boots), have some epic pants (slightly less stats than T1 pants), have two epic 26.X DPS weapons from T1s, and a 26.X DPS bow. No matter what rotation I tried I just couldn't break 500 DPS over the course of 5 minutes (and that was using Feral Aggression twice in that time frame).

BD/Asn/NB is doing 1k or so on stationary single target fights, and NB or melee Sab both out DPS ranger in the parses I've run.

For fights that melee have to duck out of range constantly, yeah ranged builds will pull ahead.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 04-05-2011 at 05:30 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    This is not whatever game you came from. Rogues here are good at many things...instead of only being good at 1 thing. Like any class that is good at many many things they won't be the best at any single one of them.
    You mean mediocre at many things.

Soulwalker

Ok so I'm rather new to playing with target dummy and parses but there appears to be many target dummies. Is everybody testing on the same one? The Raid one I would hope.

Plane Walker

Not wholly true. Often ranged do better DPS than melee because melee have to stop DPS to run in/out, hide from cleaves, keep moving, etc. whereas ranged can stand still and plink away without any breaks in their damage output. All things being equal (player gear and skill-wise) player skill doesn't factor into that equation, the difference is simply from the mechanics of the encounter dictating limitations on melee player time-on-boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    With what spec and gear? I'm a 51 ranger spec and did some testing last night on the training dummy to see what rotation maximizes my DPS. No matter what I couldn't break 500 DPS (and that is me plus raptor - I also experimented with the wolf but it was easily a 50-60 DPS drop). That was with self buffs. I'm in 2 pieces of T2 armor (shoulders and belt), 2 pieces of rank 2 PvP gear (gloves and boots), have some epic pants (slightly less stats than T1 pants), have two epic 26.X DPS weapons from T1s, and a 26.X DPS bow. No matter what rotation I tried I just couldn't break 500 DPS over the course of 5 minutes (and that was using Feral Aggression twice in that time frame).
    your 26dps bow is WAY behind, t1 is 32dps and t2 is 36dps and ALL your dps comes from your bow and your crit rating... also test on the dungeon dummy, as the raid dummy is t3 and probably skews your results some.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Gankers View Post
    Ok so I'm rather new to playing with target dummy and parses but there appears to be many target dummies. Is everybody testing on the same one? The Raid one I would hope.
    there is no reason to use that dummy unless you are in greenscale and in greenscale gear. it's unrealistic as 90% of the ppl here do not raid, only do experts.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast