+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogues: Can the gimps of rift please get an update on your plans trion?

Banned

Default Rogues: Can the gimps of rift please get an update on your plans trion?

Or should I carry on levelling my mage - seeign as at 50 my rogue is worth about half a warrior/mage in any setting.

aux

If you're bad at rogue, you'll be bad at mage too. JUST SAYING.

Soulwalker

Yep

Rogue's are fine,doing ok DPS during raids and killing everyone in WF, either learn2play or stop whining.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Go to the Rogue section and tell that to 25% of the entire Rift population who feel gimped.
    While Mages and Warriors can sit there spamming 1 or 2 skills and top the charts, Rogues have to go through complex rotations and calculated specs that we've been painstakingly building to even come close. Thats why you think they're fine.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 04-05-2011 at 12:08 AM.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Go to the Rogue section and tell that to 25% of the entire Rift population who feel gimped.
    While Mages and Warriors can sit there spamming 1 or 2 skills and top the charts, Rogues have to go through complex rotations and calculated specs that we've been painstakingly building to even come close. Thats why you think they're fine.
    If you really think mages can spam 1 or 2 skills at higher levels and still do well you couldn't be much further from the truth. If you're still using 1 or 2 spells after level 4 you're doing it wrong. Probably why you're bad at rogue as well.

Champion

An idiot with a concussion could kill 4 Rogues with a Pyromancer. JUST SAYING.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    An idiot with a concussion could kill 4 Rogues with a Pyromancer. JUST SAYING.
    Maybe 4 of you. But don't speak for every rogue out there.

I guess the Warriors and Mages are just going to keep trolling any thread where Rogues ask for a buff.

Warriors don't want to lose their monopoly on Raid dps slots and mages don't want Rogues dropping them before they can get GoS up.

It's all well and good when its not your own class thats under-performing,
    Last edited by Victus Tryggr Wolf; 04-05-2011 at 01:14 AM.
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Yep rogues are "fine" but nothing more than that. However, MM is till way underpowered. Also, an equally skilled and geared warrior/mages can still out DPS rogues in EVERY situation. So, everyone keep doing what you're doing if all you want is an "ok" class and not a great one.

I'll keep playing my rogue and burning through mobs, but I wont deny the fact that rogues need a little attention unlike the trolls and people who consider themselves to be the rogue Gods.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 04-05-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victus Tryggr Wolf View Post
    Warriors don't want to lose their monopoly on Raid dps slots and mages don't want Rogues dropping them before they can get GoS up.
    Yes rogues are so underpowered we have officially gkicked all of them from out guild. In fact they were so worthless we asked them all to sell their the gear they were working so we could afford the best enchants for our mages and warriors.

Soulwalker

Default Mage is a killing machine for warrior, not only rogue

I don't play rogue but I know how effective they are against me. About the deadly mage, I think if you play your rogue right, they should not be a problem. Surely, do not expect your rogue to rush to the front line and tank all the damage (except for bard ). Your class is supposed either to stay back and deal ranged damage or slip behind the enemy line to deal with mages and other rogues.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Marble Daemon View Post
    I don't play rogue but I know how effective they are against me. About the deadly mage, I think if you play your rogue right, they should not be a problem. Surely, do not expect your rogue to rush to the front line and tank all the damage (except for bard ). Your class is supposed either to stay back and deal ranged damage or slip behind the enemy line to deal with mages and other rogues.
    basicly you are saying:
    rogues are only good vs other rogues...
    (because EVERYONE is better than rogue even rogue itself!)

Banned

Odd that because my mage has more survivability than my rogue, more cc, more burst and more damage.

But it cant be because of that that I'm merrily cutting awathes through opponents, dropping mobs faster and doing more dps. Oh no that can't be the case.

Ah well 50s coming up fast - if they ain't fixed rogues by then I'll be another ground of skill stationery nuke turret/aoe bomb/1k+ pve faceroller.

Sword of Telara

because it takes skill to do fireball fireball fireball,and when you can inferno and flamebolt(and instant cinderburst).
    (fulminate is for the lolz)

hell you dont even need to worry about getting CCed... (or damage LOL)
    Last edited by Nodisplay; 04-05-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    because it takes skill to do fireball fireball fireball,and when you can inferno and flamebolt(and instant cinderburst).
    (fulminate is for the lolz)

hell you dont even need to worry about getting CCed... (or damage LOL)
    you've obviously never played a mage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast