+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Rogues: Can the gimps of rift please get an update on your plans trion?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Go to the Rogue section and tell that to 25% of the entire Rift population who feel gimped.
    While Mages and Warriors can sit there spamming 1 or 2 skills and top the charts, Rogues have to go through complex rotations and calculated specs that we've been painstakingly building to even come close. Thats why you think they're fine.
    So you're saying 75% of rogues actually know what they are doing? So 25% of rogues are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    Clearly I created all these links and I backdated all these posts, all whilst bribing the google technician to being the results on top ..... just to prove you wrong

.... all in the span it took me to reply to your posts .... i'm that gifted.
    Listen, for ****s and giggles I used to run around lotd in incognito to gank lowbie destros. Do you know the colossus there? You know its AoE attacks? I ran through them at least 3 times in an epic night that a mate frapsed. I'll try to find the vid if I can.

Furthermore, I did every little bit of content on it, and every little bit of RvR I could (only rr45 on him like I said) and never once experienced this.

Furthermore, on my WP who was salvation specced I was CONSTANTLY using Smite to be able to spam ToTD. When there were WEs around I would see the NUMBERS floating and know they are there, but it never once broke one out of stealth.

The only thing I can think of was chosen's ap draining auras dropping you out of stealth or some other AP debuffs but it never happened to me and I did not hear a single person in the guilds I ran with mention this. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    The only thing I can think of was chosen's ap draining auras dropping you out of stealth or some other AP debuffs but it never happened to me and I did not hear a single person in the guilds I ran with mention this. Ever.
    Anyway the whole point of this is that yes AOE broke stealth in WAR like this game. Stealth is still the best pvp ability in the game and I'm glad big burst classes don't have it like those other games.

/derailment

Stealth is good, but against some classes like gos pyros its kindra crap since their immune to all cc from stealth

Its also wortless in PvE raiding
    Last edited by Selo; 04-05-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Rift Disciple

It's amazing to me how many people play rogues and are ok being completely worthless in every situation.

- Bards: worse support, damage, and healing than Archon/Chloro. Check.
    - All dps specs: worse than cleric, mage and warrior. Check.
    - Tank: worse avoidance and AOE threat than clerics or warriors. Check.

There needs to be a role where rogues are the best, just like warriors are the best tanks, best melee dps mages are the best ranged dps, and clerics are the best healers. Currently we have none, and it is painfully obvious to those of us that actually play a rogue.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post
    It's amazing to me how many people play rogues and are ok being completely worthless in every situation.

- Bards: worse support, damage, and healing than Archon/Chloro. Check.
    - All dps specs: worse than cleric, mage and warrior. Check.
    - Tank: worse avoidance and AOE threat than clerics or warriors. Check.

There needs to be a role where rogues are the best, just like warriors are the best tanks, best melee dps mages are the best ranged dps, and clerics are the best healers. Currently we have none, and it is painfully obvious to those of us that actually play a rogue.
    We are the best at stealth and you should know that stealth is better than DPS/heals/damage avoidance etc etc etc.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    If you're bad at rogue, you'll be bad at mage too. JUST SAYING.
    don't agree. I'm much better on my mage

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    Stealth is still the best pvp ability in the game

/derailment
    Then frankly you're an idiot.

See back in DAOC days i used to hate getting stealth jumped. So i tried this really radical thing I then did with every other mmo - when a class seemed to use an overpowered ability on me and have what seemed like an unfair advantage I rolled one to see if this was the case. After doing so, on my non stealth classes
    , I never got jumped again.

So stealth - non issue if you're situationally and positionally aware. Stealth in rift is far weaker than daoc.

However so far I am finding my mage as powerful as i perceived it to be and I'm yet to find a real weakness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8