+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Rogues: Can the gimps of rift please get an update on your plans trion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    For good reason as swift shot is on a 1 sec GCD whilst fireball is a 2 second cast .... /facepalm (1.6 with talents)

4 to 5 times as much really?

hyperbole (h-prb-l)
    n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
    Plus the instant casts. That's only slightly less than our 5pt finishers hit for, and one of them is also a 1.5s cast. This is with valor gear and 15% fire resist from NB. 5k in 1gcd, with 80% dmg resist? Sure, looks perfectly balanced.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/bezz2v.jpg
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 04-05-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezer View Post
    I think many have stopped playing their rogues and stopped upgrading their gear for them until Trion says more and/or does something.

I'd hate to blow all my plaques on something that I need now, but will be changed/obsolete in... who knows when...

Hinting that itemization and abilities are being adjusted - sometime soon - with nothing clearly defined sucks.
    I actually agree with you man, but at the same time, I don't know whats worse. Getting the word out as fast as possible, or waiting till you are certain, before opening your mouth. Like with the Paragon thing, they admitted afterwards that they knew about the armor ignore, but wanted to make sure after the adjustment, that Paragons wouldnt come out damaged. While thats clearly the better choice, I don't blame you for being frustrated. I would be too.
    I fight for the Users

For good reason as swift shot is on a 1 sec GCD whilst fireball is a 2 second cast .... /facepalm (1.6 with talents)
    Wanna know what other difference there is between swift shot and fireball?

I'll let you look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Plus the instant casts. This is with valor gear and 15% fire resist from NB. 5k in 1gcd, yeah that's balanced.
    QFT

Fireball + all instants > Spamming Swift Shot
    I fight for the Users

Banned

hyperbole (h-prb-l)
    n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
    Yes 4-5 times as much.

Base damage on swift shot at 50 is....wait for it.....90!

A whopping 90 damage. For the bread and butter spammable ranged AP builder.

Now mages and warriors if your core spammable attack was that low would you be sitting there saying - hmm my class is Ok, i just need to play better.

I suspected not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Plus the instant casts. This is with valor gear and 15% fire resist from NB. 5k in 1gcd, yeah that's balanced.
    And what does this have to do with the chain of threads. Do you randomly reply to threads without taking them in context?

Also how quickly we forget the month of saboteurs. Consider this payback.

Soulwalker

hyperbole (h-prb-l)
    n.
    The only time rogues actually make use of their 1sec gcd is the first couple of seconds in a fight. After a while our energy goes not actually regen fast enough to spam swift shot ever 1 second, but maybe every 1.5 seconds. Swift shot does 450 dmg crit using a T2 bow, so yes its weak.

You've been trolling this thread long enough, clearly you think that your just so good every rogue you have come up against was some type of inferior human being that was crushed by your awesomeness. Also for all the times you keep noteing how people who comment about mages don't actually know anything about mages, you clearly know nothing about rogues.
    Last edited by Skarrzog; 04-05-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Yes 4-5 times as much.

Base damage on swift shot at 50 is....wait for it.....90!

A whopping 90 damage. For the bread and butter spammable ranged AP builder.

Now mages and warriors if your core spammable attack was that low would you be sitting there saying - hmm my class is Ok, i just need to play better.

I suspected not.
    dude arcshayde just said swift shot crits for 500+ and fireballs crit for 1000+. What does the tooltip have to do with anything it's always wrong.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-05-2011 at 06:36 AM.

And what does this have to do with the chain of threads. Do you randomly reply to threads without taking them in context?

+1 for comparing a bug to class design.
    Last edited by Banthaz; 04-05-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Do you randomly forget previous comments you made before posting again?

hyperbole (h-prb-l)
    n.
    Plus the instant casts. That's only slightly less than our 5pt finishers hit for, and one of them is also a 1.5s cast. This is with valor gear and 15% fire resist from NB. 5k in 1gcd, with 80% dmg resist? Sure, looks perfectly balanced.

It was for clarification on damage dealt.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 04-05-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    I have apologized in the past when in error. Unlike you. But not TO YOU as you are unworthy of that consideration.
    if i can prove one instance where i've apologized will you apologize?

Banned

dude you just said swift shot crits for 500+ and fireballs crit for 1000+.

Now you're changing what you said because it does not prove your argument

*high five* you're an awesome troll.
    No Mr troll i didn't - check the names of the posters and think before you post.

T2 bow, deep MM/ranger, pedestal, points spent in increasing SS damage plus procs aplenty, headshot buff, pet buff and yeah i agree with above poster you might crit for 450.

I took an 1800 FB hit last night.

So howsabout we bring those mage FBs down to rogue level huh - I mean you only want the game to be fair and balanced don't you? What do you mean no?

Edit - WD Mr troll you realised you looked silly and edited. Now you look sillier. Its not a case of MM being underpowered - the tooltip must be wrong! And does that count for the numbers scrolling up the screen to?
    Last edited by Auchter; 04-05-2011 at 06:40 AM.

No Mr troll i didn't - check the names of the posters and think before you post.

T2 bow, deep MM/ranger, pedestal, points spent in increasing SS damage plus procs aplenty, headshot buff, pet buff and yeah i agree with above poster you might crit for 450.

So howsabout we bring those mage FBs down to rogue level huh - I mean you only want the game to be fair and balanced don't you? What do you mean no?
    sure .... I don't mind imy mage is only lvl 20 and I've scrapped it after it became the new FOTM.

But if you want mage damage.

1) Lose stealth
    2) Lose leather
    3) Lose 35m range

or .....

wait for it

roll a mage.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-05-2011 at 06:41 AM.

I was being generous with my Swift Shot assessment since I have mediocre gear. Mine normally crits for 375-425 on dummies, obviously less on players. Fireball regularly crits me for 1000-1300 though. I wouldn't have a problem with it if mm damage was brought up to par. Say undo the 20% blanket nerf we got in beta 7?
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 04-05-2011 at 06:43 AM.

I say we silence and mana drain em both and have a shootout.

These are clearly 2 abilities that should be compared side by side.
    I fight for the Users

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast