+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Rogues: Can the gimps of rift please get an update on your plans trion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    Funny how all the rogues are complaining about pyros. All the pyros I talk to are complaining about how immune rogues are to everything.

If you are not killing mages or at least coming dam close to killing them they you are either speccd wrong for it or you need to l2p. I get killed all the time by stinking immune rogues.

The difference is now I finally have a chance to win.
    That's right, 6 seconds every 2 minutes is imba. Especially compared to permanent CC immunity and permanent -30% dmg with 0 cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    That's right, 6 seconds every 2 minutes is imba. Especially compared to permanent CC immunity and permanent -30% dmg with 0 cd.

how about the other tools .... .like the ability to instantly reset the fight

Also if you don't understand how powerful 6 seconds of immunity in a fight that lasts 10 secs, then I now understand why you want the buffs.

Downplaying Pyros is pointless, its definitely a powerful spec this month. See wut I did thur? Anyways, I actually went to the rogue forums and requested that experienced rogues help me understand why they feel underpowered, and we had a wonderful, informative, and civil discussion. We discussed only melee builds and even had 2 viable builds discussed. My friend personally plays Marks, without NB for the healing debuff and does amazing. And this isnt even addressing Sabs yet, which some folks (and no I dont agree with this) feel they should be nerfed again or removed entirely. So this is what I'm trying to say.

Rogues need adjustments, they cannot, and thankfully did not try to, address all 4 callings in the first patch. Keep your G-D shirt on people, yeesh. Personally I'd like to see a mana drain shot, a healing debuff in the PVP soul, and more tweaking to Slip Away and stealth. But calling rogues useless is downright absurd. About once every 3 days I hit a rogue who just tears me to pieces. Its not easy to play, and I salute those who are good at it. But just because the tools are hard doesn't mean they don't exist. Trion knows, they said they know, they said they'll make an adjustment, stop the tantrums.

Also, Ampere is still posting?
    I fight for the Users

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    Will you apologize if they do?
    I have apologized in the past when in error. Unlike you. But not TO YOU as you are unworthy of that consideration.

Rift Disciple

Rogues are fine. Mages are just bit overdone in PvP right now and will get toned down a touch as such.
    WoW - Deadenlol/Cika/Vyka/Deaden - 6 Time Gladiator DK/Warrior/Rogue - Whisperwind (US)
    Rift - Deaden - Rogue - Lotham (US)
    DAoC - Fraletlan - r50 rr10 Smite Cleric - Iseult

Dispelling rogue myths one at a time
    Yes, you can parse over 1k as a rogue.
    No, marksman is not an awful tree.
    Target dummies do not give an accurate representation of raid performance. Stop it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Go to the Rogue section and tell that to 25% of the entire Rift population who feel gimped.
    While Mages and Warriors can sit there spamming 1 or 2 skills and top the charts, Rogues have to go through complex rotations and calculated specs that we've been painstakingly building to even come close. Thats why you think they're fine.
    I play a rogue, have played one since beta 1, I don't feel gimped, I DONT WANT TO SPAM 1-2 SKILLS. I'm sorry if you think thats all there is to playing another calling too. That is brain dead playing. No thanks. Part of the game is figuring out the rotation. If you want to spam 1-2 skills go play one of those classes that can do that.

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    I play a rogue, have played one since beta 1, I don't feel gimped, I DONT WANT TO SPAM 1-2 SKILLS. I'm sorry if you think thats all there is to playing another calling too. That is brain dead playing. No thanks. Part of the game is figuring out the rotation. If you want to spam 1-2 skills go play one of those classes that can do that.
    <3

/10chars
    WoW - Deadenlol/Cika/Vyka/Deaden - 6 Time Gladiator DK/Warrior/Rogue - Whisperwind (US)
    Rift - Deaden - Rogue - Lotham (US)
    DAoC - Fraletlan - r50 rr10 Smite Cleric - Iseult

Dispelling rogue myths one at a time
    Yes, you can parse over 1k as a rogue.
    No, marksman is not an awful tree.
    Target dummies do not give an accurate representation of raid performance. Stop it.

I apologize for the generalization, Im not fond of them myself. But it really does seem like people are playing this game like war. You remember that card game? Where you turn over a card and see who has the bigger number? It looks like that in Warfronts sometimes, I find myself screaming MOVE!!!! to some people. Then I see mages being decimated by Champs and Paras while I yell DISARM! ROOT! FLICKER!

I think Starseeker is one of the aforementioned rogues that tears me up ;)
    I fight for the Users

Rift Disciple

you should probably back up your posts with ... i don't know, some ss. You know for credibility purposes.
    Yea because forum credibility means so much.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    you killed 100 jewbots or something... unbelievable what some people believe.

WTF? Really ...I mean really?
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Or should I carry on levelling my mage - seeign as at 50 my rogue is worth about half a warrior/mage in any setting.
    hmm those are 2 different things though - 1/2 a warrior = 1/4 a mage. so if you were 1/2 a warrior you would be only 1/8 a mage.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Rift Disciple

About your post: Yes any pyro can span fireballs like any marksman can spam swift shot from 35m.
    Except spamming fireballs does four or five times as much DPS as spamming swift shot would.
    Last edited by Sanguis Mortuum; 04-05-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
    Except spamming fireballs does four or five times as much DPS as spamming swift shot would.
    Agreed. Swift shot barely crits for 500+, fireballs crit for 1000+ easy. This doesn't even take into account GoS, if only pedestals debuffed dmg too.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 04-05-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Default Trions actions and statements have Rogues in a holding pattern - like the US economy

I think many have stopped playing their rogues and stopped upgrading their gear for them until Trion says more and/or does something.

I'd hate to blow all my plaques on something that I need now, but will be changed/obsolete in... who knows when...

Hinting that itemization and abilities are being adjusted - sometime soon - with nothing clearly defined sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Agreed. Swift shot barely crits for 500+, fireballs crit for 1000+ easy. This doesn't even take into account GoS, if only pedestals debuffed dmg too.
    For good reason as swift shot is on a 1 sec GCD whilst fireball is a 2 second cast .... /facepalm (1.6 with talents)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
    4 to 5 times as much really?

hyperbole (h-prb-l)
    n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-05-2011 at 06:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast