+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogues: Can the gimps of rift please get an update on your plans trion?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    you've obviously never played a mage.
    mage and pyro are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    mage and pyro are two different things.
    We all know gos is getting nerfed. Even the mages in my guild are okay with it and feel the inevitable coming. Let's move past the pyro train now.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    If you really think mages can spam 1 or 2 skills at higher levels and still do well you couldn't be much further from the truth. If you're still using 1 or 2 spells after level 4 you're doing it wrong. Probably why you're bad at rogue as well.
    Not true, my buddy quit and I tried his 50 mage for fur BGs with mostly success. I had to respec cuz he hadnt played it since 1.1, and I never played mage at any lvl. I set up some bars in like 5 minutes, and mostly spammed fireballs inside my GoS. Anyway I did pretty good. That's with no real clue how to play them, and using maybe 3 spells. In fact I noticed that while I didn't lead any of the four BGs I entered, I beat every rogue in KB and damage except one match a Sab did beat me in damage, but i still managed 9 KB with fireballs, and GoS! I never used the temps, or the thing to reset your cooldowns, or anything complicated (I didn't know what they were even called at first).I mean you just stand there and cast, it's pretty simple. I wasn't a great mage in 5 minutes, but I was decent, lol.

You think a mage having never played a rogue could do the same?
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-05-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    If you're bad at rogue, you'll be bad at mage too. JUST SAYING.
    I disagree having tried both at 50. Mage is really easy right now to just jump on with no exp whatsoever and do well. In fact you can do very well just using 2 or 3 abilities. Turret yourself in a good spot, and mow 'em down. It's incredibly simple. I was killing rogues after 5 minutes on a 50 mage, and I'd literally blow them up faster than they could approach me. I didn't even have to worry about the normally AWFUL CC in the WFs. Not flaming mages, just saying it was very much easy mode.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-05-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    I disagree having tried both at 50. Mage is really easy right now to just jump on with no exp whatsoever and do well. In fact you can do very well just using 2 or 3 abilities. Turret yourself in a good spot, and mow 'em down. It's incredibly simple. I was killing rogues after 5 minutes on a 50 mage, and I'd literally blow them up faster than they could approach me. I didn't even have to worry about the normally AWFUL CC in the WFs. Not flaming mages, just saying it was very much easy mode.
    you should probably back up your posts with ... i don't know, some ss. You know for credibility purposes.

Banned

Sounds about right.

Put down ground of skill.
    Spam Fb/fast cast/instants until proc
    Instant cinder
    Fulminate when you really want lulz

you should probably back up your posts with ... i don't know, some ss. You know for credibility purposes.
    I was going to play the toon but decided not to in the end. My buddy's mage is on Molinar, and is Rank1. My rogue and warrior are on Deepstrike, and rank 5 for the rogue, so i just figured I'd keep playing on Deepstrike.

I don't know why you think I'd make it up? I'm not even screaming for nerfs or QQing, I'm just making a statement that a mage is fairly easy to grasp mechanics-wise. Is it really hard to believe that? Credibility? Have you tried a 51 point pyro spec? Have you played a warrior or rogue at 50? Again I'm not flaming, or trolling, but pyro can be played really with just a couple spells, and still own most people in a WF. Maybe I'll get back on that account today if it's still going and post some screenies, but what's the point? You throw down GoS, you tab, you nuke. You don't think you can kill most folks like that with a 51 pyro build? I think I went with 51 pyro, 10 warlock, 5 archon? Not exactly sure now, but I didn't even read any thing on forums about specs, i just briefly looked at the trees and stuck the points in places that made sense. No biggie man, but 51 pyro is very, very basic. I don't think i liked it, tbh.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-05-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Telaran

Maybe 4 of you. But don't speak for every rogue out there.
    Yup! I am an idiot rogue!!

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6...0405033733.jpg

as you were saying???

Telaran

Why do screenshots ALWAYS shut them up??

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Yup! I am an idiot rogue!!

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6...0405033733.jpg

as you were saying???
    where were the 4 dead rogues in that ss?

I see one dead rogue. Fuliminate crits happens so did detonates .... get over yourselves, you're on the receiving end of what mages were feeling this last month.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-05-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    We all know 51 pyro is getting a nerf, even the mages know it and have even posted about it on their forums. I wonder why people keep bringing this up.

Soulwalker

Trion hurry up and buff us rogues

Telaran

where were the 4 dead rogues in that ss?

I see one dead rogue. Fuliminate crits happens so did detonates .... get over yourselves, you're on the receiving end of what mages were feeling this last month.
    There is a HUGE difference between FIVE charges AND a Detonate doing 3kish and an INSTANT 5k......A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    There is a HUGE difference between FIVE charges AND a Detonate doing 3kish and an INSTANT 5k......A HUGE DIFFERENCE.
    again im not seeing the 4 dead rogues?

And rogues detonate were doing more than 3k with the damage buff. Much like fulminate with damage buff hitting for 5k now. Its karma baby.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-05-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Soulwalker

QQ more plz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast