+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attack power

Soulwalker

Default Attack power

So why does this scale so badly, for 160 attack power it made my crits go from 256 to 277....
    so basiclly full bard buffs + ranger power attack buff = still garbage crits

I'm still trying to figure out why people put 5 in Riftstalker for 10% AP instead of 5 in Sabo for 15% Dex...

/shrug

It's the same way for Warriors.

Telaran

It's pretty neat though that one slot (the active weapon) contributes like 80% of your DPS, while the other 14 slots compete to do the last 20%.

Or not.

Soulwalker

like i just stripped naked and my crits where still 230

Telaran

I nearly solo healed Matron Verona as a bard (cleric healer died due to tank having creative interpretations on which mob to taunt when Lech went loose!). Nude.

(Well, except for T2 weapon, naturally).

That's how well we scale. Cadence does pathetic little difference with gear or not, and I'm not even sure if Coda of Restoration even scales.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I nearly solo healed Matron Verona as a bard (cleric healer died due to tank having creative interpretations on which mob to taunt when Lech went loose!). Nude.

(Well, except for T2 weapon, naturally).

That's how well we scale. Cadence does pathetic little difference with gear or not, and I'm not even sure if Coda of Restoration even scales.
    nope, it doesn't.

Soulwalker

Just did a quick test, no Soul base crit 225. Melted skin 5% - Fire and Death attunement 3% - Bestial Fury 5% - Murderous Intent 4% - Cloak and Dagger 15% - Cruel Vengeance 10%. All these increase damage for a total of an extra 42%. My crit was 300- so 75 more damage on a crit .. wow even if i rolled this gimp build to gain extra damage people will not even notice the damage, considering armor and everything else

Soulwalker

75 damage might be effective at lvl 20 but not at 50

Telaran

It's actually decently fine comparatively. Everyone currently has AP/SP issues.
    Rogues do crit a lot. That's our saving grace.

The larger difference is that everyone, but rogues, can press their buttons virtually endlessly (mana users sometimes have to waste a GCD to restore mana). In return, we get a 1 sec GCD, which means our initial burst is deadly, but extended DPS is not. After about 10-15 seconds, it's even, and then it just drops.
    While Ebon Fury may not be the best comparison as Dusk Strike is quite powerful, the constant ability useage for 15 seconds is how other classes feels to play.

Currently, it's pretty much perfect for 51-assassin PvP, or any form of solo-PvE.
    But really ****ty for any form of group/raid PvE.

That said, I don't like the current lack of scaling with gear, just giving a comparison! It's a tricky beast.
    Last edited by Harmonious; 04-05-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why people put 5 in Riftstalker for 10% AP instead of 5 in Sabo for 15% Dex...

/shrug

It's the same way for Warriors.
    We do that because riftstalker has some nice abilities higher up on the tree and nobody takes riftstalker just for the 10% AP.

+ Reply to Thread