+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New charge booster rewording

Plane Walker

Default New charge booster rewording

SABOTEUR
    * Charge Booster: Reworded description for more clarity. Using Detonate with 5 Combo Points will fire off a Booster Charge, dealing 50% weapon damage. The total damage dealt is increased by 15% for every point spent in Saboteur above 21.

So does this meen at 51 points
    A.) Damage=(Detonate + Charges + 50% Weapon Damage)*450%
    or
    B.) Damage=(Detonate + Charges + 500% Weapon Damage)

It seems like they made it more confusing now.

Original 1.1 notes
    * Charge Booster: Redesigned. Using Detonate with 5 combo points will fire off a Booster Charge, dealing 50% weapon damage. This damage is increased by 15% for each point in Saboteur over 21.
    This sounds more like B

I'll have to test this out when I get home unless some one can clarify.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-04-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

Increases the amount of the charge booster, not your detonate or charges. And it sucks no matter what.

Plane Walker

OK then next question, and flame away, How exactly is weapon damage calculated? Is it just DPS of the the main hand or both hands?

Telaran

Damage Spread times secret number, probably 2.1

Rift Disciple

Not sure how it works. I know if I use any combo of weapons without a main hand weapon equipped I would get the same charge booster damage range, but when I equipped a main hand weapon it would go up depending on the damage of the weapon.

At 51 points it does about the same amount of damage as one blast charge, but can't crit.
    Last edited by mrbreck; 04-04-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Plane Walker

Well thats stupid. I always thought the original was OP being it technicly allow 11 hits in one shot. It would make more sense if it increased the damage of each individual charge by x% and increased y% for each point above 21. I wonder if that would be too hard to code though with the way the damage is done.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-04-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Rift Disciple

I read that charge booster merely does around 250 dmg, with 51 sab wearing t2 epics

the final result will be:

charges + detonate + 500% weapon damage

the idea behind it is that at 5 combo points you get approximately 1 extra "free" charge. a little less as the charges normally say something like "weapon damage + xxx physical" and the charge booster doesn't get the "+ xxx physical" portion but it comes out to be around the same as a free charge.

it could use a buff that's for sure, at least for people a full 51 points in.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    the final result will be:

charges + detonate + 500% weapon damage

the idea behind it is that at 5 combo points you get approximately 1 extra "free" charge. a little less as the charges normally say something like "weapon damage + xxx physical" and the charge booster doesn't get the "+ xxx physical" portion but it comes out to be around the same as a free charge.

it could use a buff that's for sure, at least for people a full 51 points in.
    No its not that good . The damage caused(your 50% of weapon damage) is increased by 450%

50% of weapon damage * 450% is going to be about 225% of weapon damage. This is precisely why they changed the tooltip. People were confused as to if the % of the weapon damage was increased or just the damage done. So they clarified that the increase is on the damage (the lower one) and people still get confused :P.

Plane Walker

i was wad confused becuase it gives even less reason to go 51 points lol. It seems there are pleanty of other talents in other souls that give a bigger increase to bottom line damage. At least they did admit they are still not pleased with how it is working and will continue to monitor it. Which boggles my mind as why they would make change for change sake.

When i think of trion with the nerf bat i think of an americas funniest home video clip of a kid hitting dad in the balls and prodecing to swing back and smash a wiindow. Total overkill.

Plane Touched

Cant they just make it so we can put a maximum of 6 charge with the charge booster and remove this crap?

Its very easy to do. They just have to make it so only the last charge youve put is x2.

So if you spam 1/2/3/4/5 then you will have 1/2/3/4/5/5.

Instead of 1/1/2/2/3/3/4/4/5/5 that it was prior the patch.

Its still a nerf but at least it keeps the fun mechanic of charge booster.

Sab was fun to blow things up before. Now it's boring AND you can't do the damage necessary so they accomplished what they wanted which was to shelve most of the FotM Sabs. I will still roll with it as my main but it appears to be the one rogue soul that needs a complete makeover.

Use of bombs and traps is so situational it makes the class boring.

This class could be SO fun with a few simple design changes.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Errow View Post
    Sab was fun to blow things up before. Now it's boring AND you can't do the damage necessary so they accomplished what they wanted which was to shelve most of the FotM Sabs. I will still roll with it as my main but it appears to be the one rogue soul that needs a complete makeover.

Use of bombs and traps is so situational it makes the class boring.

This class could be SO fun with a few simple design changes.
    It's kinda funny cause the FotM rotation for sab was 5 blast charge and hope that it crits so you can one shot somebody.

They nerfed that to the ground, and then nerfed the ones that didn't abuse the armor pen glitch with blast charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Damage Spread times secret number, probably 2.1
    This is wrong. Attack abilities are normalized, meaning a 1.8 speed dagger with damage range of 10-20 and a 3.6 speed mace (hypothetical) with damage range of 20-40 will still do the same average damage with a backstab, a blast charge, or any other attack.

DPS is what matters, not damage range or weapon speed. (Although faster is still better for more poison/hellfire procs).

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread