+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone tried a build like this?

Rift Disciple

Question Anyone tried a build like this?

20 sabo/20 sin/26 rng

Parsing about 680 dps with an auto-leveled 50 on alpha against boss dummy self-buffed with the following stats: 468 ap, 645 pcrit, 200 focus, 29.2 dps weapon, 25 ap and 51 crit majors, and 41 ap trinket.

Using 5xSpike > 5xBlast > repeat as rotation. Pet does about 100 dps. Question is, will the pet survive?

I'm basically trying to come up with the highest DPS ranged Sabo build I can, while still having good AoE. Anyone got a better build for that department? Post it and I'll try it out to see how it compares.

Shadowlander

Sab isn't really viable single target dps anymore. And relying on a pet in this game is just plain bad. They die too often, and if they do, that's a 100 dps loss. You're better off letting your beloved sab go and trying out a different spec. I would suggest a NB build. I can pull 850 dps being less geared than you. Goodluck

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Seni View Post
    Sab isn't really viable single target dps anymore. And relying on a pet in this game is just plain bad. They die too often, and if they do, that's a 100 dps loss. You're better off letting your beloved sab go and trying out a different spec. I would suggest a NB build. I can pull 850 dps being less geared than you. Goodluck
    Not self-buffed on a dummy. Why you would compare his dummy target dps to your group or raid dps is beyond me.
    Last edited by `xell; 04-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Shadowlander

Who said that was my group/raid dps? Think before you assume next time.

Plane Walker

I did think. I thought about the dozens of people who have posted their highest dps parsers for rogue and my own experiences. Nobody is even close to 850 single target on a dummy. Logically this means you're either basing your dps on a group/raid parse or you're just flat out lying.

Shadowlander

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean others can't.

+ Reply to Thread