+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard Hax (Ultimate Solo bard)

Default Bard Hax (Ultimate Solo bard)

For those of you who never thought of it, there was a sabo build that used to kill everything where you would open up with incapitate, stack charges, blind, stack charges, and then the fight begins, with your foe basically dead.

Than sab damage got nerfed pretty hard :/

But anyways, using the same concept (Soft CC + charges that dont deal damage until detonate) i have broken the game.

I actually created this build a few weeks ago, but retired it due to, well, it got boring having no challenge.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Eh0Vq0okqz.V0L

Required- 34 points in bard, and at least a 0 spec in bard (what i have is just some stuff to increase charge damage output)

Rotation-
    Mez, charges, repeat...

and thats pretty much it...

i mean you could just lulz around and decrease armor with cowardice (since that doesnt break the mez either)

You could just throw up some motifs, but w/e...

Remember to keep up fervor tho, it is pretty energy starving, but you will just end up waiting till the end of the mez to detonate to save energy anyways.

PS: It also works as a Pseudo DPS build in groups. It doesnt deal massive dps or anything, but being able to dps while keeping up bard buffs is a plus.

was gonna post a vid of myself killing random wlites w/o taking damage (save a ranged auto attack) but if out try it for even a second you will understand it...

Yea, a class that can solo two elites at the same time with like, 3 buttons...

PS: It wont work in PvP too well, there is diminishing returns on CC (which they need to buff imo, aoe CC lock ftl)
    Last edited by Chibisukei; 04-04-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisukei View Post
    For those of you who never thought of it, there was a sabo build that used to kill everything where you would open up with incapitate, stack charges, blind, stack charges, and then the fight begins, with your foe basically dead.

But anyways, using the same concept (Soft CC + charges that dont deal damage until detonate) i have broken the game.

I actually created this build a few weeks ago, but retired it due to, well, it got boring having no challenge.

Required- 34 points in bard, and at least a 0 spec in bard (what i have is just some stuff to increase charge damage output)

Rotation-
    Mez, charges, repeat...

i mean you could just lulz around and decrease armor with cowardice (since that doesnt break the mez either)

Remember to keep up fervor tho, it is pretty energy starving, but you will just end up waiting till the end of the mez to detonate to save energy anyways.

PS: It also works as a Pseudo DPS build in groups. It doesnt deal massive dps or anything, but being able to dps while keeping up bard buffs is a plus.

was gonna post a vid of myself killing random wlites w/o taking damage (save a ranged auto attack) but if out try it for even a second you will understand it...

PS: It wont work in PvP too well, there is diminishing returns on CC (which they need to buff imo, aoe CC lock ftl)
    you do know theres a talent in the sab tree that lets you just load up charges without gaining aggro...right?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by xhaoz View Post
    you do know theres a talent in the sab tree that lets you just load up charges without gaining aggro...right?
    I'm sure you'll get some aggro when you Detonate.
    That's what Mez is for.

Telaran

Welcome to 3 weeks ago when that build was actually created.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchie View Post
    I'm sure you'll get some aggro when you Detonate.
    That's what Mez is for.
    you do realize, that this build allows you to keep the mob perma CCed?

Soulwalker

wtf is mez?

Telaran

you do realize, that this build allows you to keep the mob perma CCed?
    Really? When it was the only point of my reply to state that fact.

Rift Disciple

ya....
    time bomb -> 5 charges (with silent setup of course) -> frag bomb -> detonate
    if the thing isn't dead as soon as it agros, it will be with maybe an auto attack or one more quick 1charge detonate..
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    ya....
    time bomb -> 5 charges (with silent setup of course) -> frag bomb -> detonate
    if the thing isn't dead as soon as it agros, it will be with maybe an auto attack or one more quick 1charge detonate..
    You can't kill elites that way, you need the OP's build - Mez is a must.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchie View Post
    You can't kill elites that way, you need the OP's build - Mez is a must.
    yea... i kinda stopped reading the original posters post... about half way through ;/
    OOPS :P
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Soulwalker

FYI people been doin this since beta

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlock View Post
    Welcome to 3 weeks ago when that build was actually created.
    3 weeks ago? this was known since what, beta 6? i think that was the beta with level cap at 35. heck, i've been doing this since i hit lvl 34. rather boring, but when no one wants to do the wanted poster quests in droughtlands, this is more efficient than kiting as my ranger/sabo build (crippling shot and adhesive trap alternating snares).

Telaran

this would probably be annoying as **** in PvP....

Shadowlander

Rotation-
    Mez, charges, repeat...

You do know they get immune after a 2 mez.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Silcan View Post
    You do know they get immune after a 2 mez.
    You do know he's talking about mobs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast