+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about relic gear

Default Question about relic gear

Most of my gear has come from T1 dungeons but I did buy chest and feet from the minor relic vendor. I decided to get the gear with higher dex. Soon I'm going to be looking to buy the chest piece from the elder relic vendor and I was wondering if I should choose toughness and endurance over the higher dex?

I mostly play melee in the dungeon which makes me think the added toughness would be better but a lot of people tell me to stick with the higher dex. What do you think?
    Ezryel@greybriar - Guild Leader - Defer Death

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Endemix View Post
    Most of my gear has come from T1 dungeons but I did buy chest and feet from the minor relic vendor. I decided to get the gear with higher dex. Soon I'm going to be looking to buy the chest piece from the elder relic vendor and I was wondering if I should choose toughness and endurance over the higher dex?

I mostly play melee in the dungeon which makes me think the added toughness would be better but a lot of people tell me to stick with the higher dex. What do you think?
    toughness is only usefull if you are playing as the main tank in a raid/instance. since you are a rogue you're gonna be mainly a DPS role. in that case you want to choose armor that adds dex, crit, hit, and ap

if you want to tank, i would suggest having a completely different set of +toughness/+endurance armor

also, wouldn't waste plaques of achievement on the rogue chest pieces from the epic vendors. charmers caldera last boss drops an excellent leather piece (and it looks nice too!) every rogue in my guild has it

great thanks for the reply

when you say CC do you mean the T2 expert? Im assuming the regular cc doesnt drop a better chest than what im wearing.
    Ezryel@greybriar - Guild Leader - Defer Death

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Endemix View Post
    great thanks for the reply

when you say CC do you mean the T2 expert? Im assuming the regular cc doesnt drop a better chest than what im wearing.
    he means expert cc
    its not better, at all, not even remotely close... free tho..
    what you want is the chest from plutonus in deepstrike mines expert.
    keep in mind tho, the chest from the vendor is a guaranteed drop :P
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Rift Disciple

CC and DSM are my two least favorite experts. They both have so much trash increasing the length of the run unnecessarily. So yeah I went with the 100% drop from the vendor.

+ Reply to Thread