+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bladedancer doesnt pair well with anything and contains our only spell interrupt

Soulwalker

Default bladedancer doesnt pair well with anything and contains our only spell interrupt

so after you waste 10 points in bladedancer to get to the third tier of talents, you start getting to talents that actually do something, 15% dex is nice, combat efficiency is okay, and i would say blade tempo is nice but its only physical damage so its worthless for nightblade, which is our pvp tree. every other talent in the tree is terrible to have in an off-soul because they either only enhance ****ty blade dancer abilities or are only usable after dodging or parrying......

give another rogue soul a damn spell interrupt that i can use outside of stealth, i dont want to throw away 12 talent points in a terrible tree just to get weapon barrage.

or here's a better idea... PUT IT WEAPON BARRAGE IN THE PVP SOUL WHERE IT BELONGS. give blade dancers a melee interrupt that shares a cooldown or something so they dont cry about "pve implications."

Plane Touched

Nightblade has a ranged silence also. Maybe you should just use that?

Soulwalker

I completely disagree. +5% hit chance opens up a lot of avenues, especially because it's the only melee hit available to our class. the next tier has 5 points into auto-attacks, which affects everybody except bards/sabos (who incidentally do not need spell interrupts AS MUCH because of either Mez or Silence Bomb/Stuns) and the final 2 points can go into a dexterity boost, our primary stat.

What's the problem?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    Nightblade has a ranged silence also. Maybe you should just use that?
    its only usable while stealthed, you know that right?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by svodola View Post
    I completely disagree. +5% hit chance opens up a lot of avenues, especially because it's the only melee hit available to our class. the next tier has 5 points into auto-attacks, which affects everybody except bards/sabos (who incidentally do not need spell interrupts AS MUCH because of either Mez or Silence Bomb/Stuns) and the final 2 points can go into a dexterity boost, our primary stat.

What's the problem?
    5% opens no avenues, you get 5% hit from like 30 hit on your gear. auto attack damage isnt affected by attack power and scales horrible, not to mention you dont get the opportunity to auto attack very much in pvp. hence nightblade's ranged abilities.

edit: not to mention i have to spend 12 points in bladedancer. points that could be spent in far more synergistic souls.
    Last edited by Kitypurry; 04-04-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kitypurry View Post
    5% opens no avenues, you get 5% hit from like 30 hit on your gear. auto attack damage isnt affected by attack power and scales horrible, not to mention you dont get the opportunity to auto attack very much in pvp. hence nightblade's ranged abilities.
    If you're ranging as a nightblade consistently instead of meleeing you're doing something wrong.

As for the hit, There's no hit on PVP gear, so if you want to go full valor gear and not miss, it's a nice talent.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by svodola View Post
    If you're ranging as a nightblade consistently instead of meleeing you're doing something wrong.

As for the hit, There's no hit on PVP gear, so if you want to go full valor gear and not miss, it's a nice talent.
    its not like i'm staying at range and not trying to get into melee, its that in warfronts you get CC'd all the time. in fact my other two trees are riftstalker and infiltrator. riftstalker teleports are used to keep me in melee range (15% damage, crit, and damage reduction to boot!!) ... should i drop that tree to get bladedancer then? See what problems would occur? Or how about i drop infiltrator and lose half my defensive capabilities... yeah that sounds good.

So drop a piece of valor gear for a piece with hit on it... no one is saying you have to wear full valor gear.

A ranged spell interrupt would be more suited to infiltrator than bladedancer, would you not agree?

its not like i'm staying at range and not trying to get into melee, its that in warfronts you get CC'd all the time. in fact my other two trees are riftstalker and infiltrator. riftstalker teleports are used to keep me in melee range (15% damage, crit, and damage reduction to boot!!) ... should i drop that tree to get bladedancer then? See what problems would occur? Or how about i drop infiltrator and lose half my defensive capabilities... yeah that sounds good.

So drop a piece of valor gear for a piece with hit on it... no one is saying you have to wear full valor gear.

A ranged spell interrupt would be more suited to infiltrator than bladedancer, would you not agree?
    You're greatly devaluing being able to guarantee your attacks land. I'm pretty sure you need more than just the 5% to ensure you never fail to land a blow on all targets, and I'm not even sure you CAN ensure you do. The last thing you want happening is wasting a 20-30 sec CD skill on something that can be Parried, that can be a deal breaker at times.

Furthermore, if you're RS/Infil as your other souls, what's wrong with things like Blade and Fury, Quick Reflexes, and even Reprisal? You CAN go deeper BD and utilize the Keen/Quick builder easily.

Furthermore I'm not sure why you seem to claim the Soul has no synergy. If you're a melee focused Rogue, you're going to be going toe to toe with people and they'll be swinging back. The Soul has some interesting mechanics that suit that, and Infiltrator has it too! You also achieve a non-cleansable slow at 14 points and a better builder move at 16. You can use those points to get Sprint, get more Dexterity, get Deadly Dance, and so on.

Early points do not lack synergy, they aren't just raw +damage as some other trees like Nightblade are and yes going RS/BD/Infil will mean you lack ranged attacks. Oh well, can't have everything at once.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Bladedancer does NOT contain our only spell interrupt. The issue is that your view of a "spell interrupt" is far too narrow.

Foul play, blinding powder and dark containment all become much more viable in general PVP when utilized as spell interrupts rather than CC abilities. Unfortunately most people think of them as CC. Use them as interrupts instead and find out how much more useful they become!

With that said, it still doesn't matter much since there are so many instant cast heals and other spells in the game. You aren't interrupting a mage standing on his ground of OP'ness anyway so the only viable people to attempt to interrupt are the clerics but they have so many instant cast HOT's and so much damage mitigation that they literally do not ever need to cast a long heal onto themselves when we're attacking them unless they're being focus fired.
    Briarcliff * Defiant

Plane Touched

Going up the offensive side of the INF tree makes all your finishers interrupts. Problem solved.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post
    Bladedancer does NOT contain our only spell interrupt. The issue is that your view of a "spell interrupt" is far too narrow.

Foul play, blinding powder and dark containment all become much more viable in general PVP when utilized as spell interrupts rather than CC abilities. Unfortunately most people think of them as CC. Use them as interrupts instead and find out how much more useful they become!

With that said, it still doesn't matter much since there are so many instant cast heals and other spells in the game. You aren't interrupting a mage standing on his ground of OP'ness anyway so the only viable people to attempt to interrupt are the clerics but they have so many instant cast HOT's and so much damage mitigation that they literally do not ever need to cast a long heal onto themselves when we're attacking them unless they're being focus fired.
    Perhaps, but most healers are immune to blinding powder and dark containment within 5-6 seconds of a group fight starting anyway assuming they are being focused. I'm pretty sure they both count as stuns where DR is concerned.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post

Full quote!
    Bladancer has wonderful synergies with any melee class even if you don't put point in the sopul it gives you a rythmic move that garant you 50% dodge chance!!! Emproving your melee durability as long it's up. If you go up in the tree you'll get very nice rotation (Macro needed!) that helps you gaining combos fast.
    Personally I use as secondary with RS giving him a decent damage output it would otherwise miss and improving durability at the same time with dodge bonus. finally it grant the slower move and the Charge to keep the trail of your prey when you finished your shifts!

Champion of Telara

so after you waste 10 points in bladedancer to get to the third tier of talents, you start getting to talents that actually do something, 15% dex is nice, combat efficiency is okay, and i would say blade tempo is nice but its only physical damage so its worthless for nightblade, which is our pvp tree. every other talent in the tree is terrible to have in an off-soul because they either only enhance ****ty blade dancer abilities or are only usable after dodging or parrying......

give another rogue soul a damn spell interrupt that i can use outside of stealth, i dont want to throw away 12 talent points in a terrible tree just to get weapon barrage.

or here's a better idea... PUT IT WEAPON BARRAGE IN THE PVP SOUL WHERE IT BELONGS. give blade dancers a melee interrupt that shares a cooldown or something so they dont cry about "pve implications."
    Some people have mentioned there are other abillties that will interupt spell casting. Even if you are unwilling to admit that is a true interupt there is concussive blast in the ranger tree. If thats another tree you dont like there is Pardon the interuption in Infiltrator.

If you want to determine what abillities are in what trees you could always design your own game.

Thumbs down

Nope they need to make Bladedancer more viable, not less viable.

Rift Chaser

You mean, you actually have to make a choice and can't have everything in 1 build?

No, I don't agree. Leave BD alone. If 12 points is too much for you to spend in BD to get Weapon Barrage, then don't do it. Simple as that. Weapon Barrage is useless if the other player doesn't use anything with a cast time, and most healers can outheal our damage with instants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast