+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some positive thoughs.

Telaran

Default Some positive thoughs.

This is a reply i made in some other topic for a guy asking what role a rogue can fulfill in a 5man dungeon.

I felt like making a post like this cause I'm fed up with all the negativity and "OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD" attitude people seem to have on this part of the forums , where most ppl are whining, bashing and saying "reroll".

A Rogue can fulfill every spot in a 5man group that the soul applies to (MDPS,RDPS,Support AND tank)

I've cleared all T1 AND T2 content with a group running rogue tank, 2x rogues (swapping between bard and dps 1 of the two) and a mage (dps or chloro according to fight)

My rogue tank friend never has problems keeping aggro , except some extreme aoe pulls , where i'm running sabo (booby trap is one of the best aoe dps in game) and mage doing a heavy aoe specc, but that's basically our fault for overdoing it with dps. But on a boss prospective , rogue tanks are by far the less straining on the healers(according to our cleric).

I usually play melee dps rogue (deep NB) and i almost never had problems dpsing a boss. There are many variables of Ranger out there that provide some solid (600ish with pet) dps that is more than enough to clear all T1/2 content.

Also , from my observation in a raiding environment, while warriors can outdps us greatly on the dummy when running their cookie cutter build(bm/champ/para variations) I have found out that MELEE rogues (NB to be more precise as it's my main raiding soul) scales much better with raid buffs than warriors. And that's because their build focuses on a pet which isn't a much reliable source of dmg , as well as a great deal of self buffs that are overwritten by the buffs provided by the raid, and thus reduce the gap greatly.

I mean they still outdps me if they don't slack and are good players (most of them are, as i believe) , but the gap is close , and i sometimes even end up top dps. Good mage builds are also up the top , sustaining 900-1000 dps , and it is usually a close call to #1 dps.

Usually in my raid we end up having a top 5 with a mix of all three callings (mage/war/rogue , we don't have dps clerics atm to know their actual numbers) and the gap is usually pretty small (min800/max1100 in top 5 i consider acceptable).

Sure , there are some souls that could use a buff , mainly sin's backstab as it seems to scale poorly in dps and ofc our ranged souls . MM really needs some love pve-wise !! and a slight increase in ranger dmg , maybe 5-10%

But all in all , we CAN compete !

Not everything is so bad as it seems on this forums.

PS: i didn't mention sab in my last past of the post as i always thought that sab should be a PVP focused soul (burst=pvp /period) and also has INSANE AOE capabilities when speced for it.

TL: DR , rogues are "fine" , they could use (and some souls probably will recive soon) some buffs , but if u enjoy the "rogue way" then I'm sure it's worth it
    Now as you can see , I'm not saying all rogues are perfectly viable or on pair with other SPECIFIC soul combo from other callings. But really , I don't get why people think it's that bad... In my experience and opinion it's not.

PS: Let the flaming begin

MM needs work, and there are some oddities in some of the Rogue specs... but overall, Rogues are very welcome in every dungeon (T1/2) and on every fight in GsB. We'll find out I guess in a few weeks if the new Raid is a little more melee friendly, but that's why you have four attainable roles. Surprise, turret fights are bad for games! There are going to be fights that aren't Melee-friendly.

The real problem is people see the parses of Souls that have either huge bugs or are just not quite... balanced. 1200 DPS is, judging by where they've placed other Souls, more than they intend at this level of progression and they will be toned down.

Look around the forums.

Warriors: Mages are better than me!
    Rogues: Warriors are better than me!
    Mages: CLERIC DID IT LOLS
    Last edited by Stigas; 04-04-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Telaran

Also , from my observation in a raiding environment, while warriors can outdps us greatly on the dummy when running their cookie cutter build(bm/champ/para variations) I have found out that MELEE rogues (NB to be more precise as it's my main raiding soul) scales much better with raid buffs than warriors. And that's because their build focuses on a pet which isn't a much reliable source of dmg , as well as a great deal of self buffs that are overwritten by the buffs provided by the raid, and thus reduce the gap greatly.
    I actually believe that's the main reason people are crying about warrs spitting on their dps on the dummy.

I've browsed some of the wars forums before , and saw some parsing threads that the dps from other specs on dummy , such as paragon or deeper champion is on the same lvl unbuffed as sins and NB (dps not burst) , in an actual raid environment where both wars and rogues(melee) where aloud to melee w/o interruption i believe they are about on equal standing , atleast NB where i have the most experience with

And mages pulling +-1000 dps in 1 or 2 specs in raiding environment isn't really that huge , i mean the are supposed to be glasscannon soul.(though nerf GoS to ground is the way to go )
    Last edited by zbmRu; 04-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    i mean the are supposed to be glasscannon soul.(though nerf GoS to ground is the way to go )
    Yea.... glass cannon would be nice.... but no.... :/
    Last edited by Vindicit; 04-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Telaran

yea , that's why i said "supposed" . GoS + mage armor stacking was a bad though combination that made a glasscanon class => tanking canon .

Anyways , this wasn't supposed to be about mages being OP . (which they are not except a specific combo)

It's about rogues not being so bad as it seems on forums

Plane Walker

I was aoe parsing well over 1k on the sab in expert dungeons (hit about 1490 one fight) after the nerf. You just need to switch roles depending on what you're fighting. Sab is still great for trash, but you can use a ranger/MM if you need half way decent single target dips at range, or NB/Assassin if you can do single target melee. I honestly don't see what all the QQ is about. I think in PVP we kind of suck, but if you play smart you can still get some kills.

+ Reply to Thread