+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One final change to make Sab perfectly(ish) balanced

Ascendant

Default One final change to make Sab perfectly(ish) balanced

First, I'd like to say thanks for listening to my suggested change of having all blast charges hit individually, lowering the chance for a ridiculous crit.

Now, onto the suggestion. The big problem is, is that sabs are ridiculous mobility compared to any other range. My suggested change for this is to give all charges a 1s cast time. The 1s cast time is short enough to make the class still feel "fast", but not let them run around while setting up bombs. It is also more realistic, requiring someone to stop to set up a bomb rather than doing it on the fly.

Could even add a 2 point talent that reduces it's cast time by .25s per point.

Gersh is that you?

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Plane Touched

fail troll is fail

Rift Chaser

here's my suggestion buff all base damage slightly and keep everything the way it is with sab.

Plane Touched

give sab charge booster back imo.

or make it so that only one of the charge is doubled. lets say you put 4 blast chart + 1 concussion charge then it will be like 4 blast charge + 2concussion charge.

Rift Disciple

My sab build got changed into a bard build, the only sole rogues have left unfortunately.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.Vo

Like it or leave it, that is what Trion has pigeonholed rogues into. Every other calling does 200 more dps. Warrior and cleric tanks make riftstalkers look bad, very bad.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

I play an Assassin, I think my damage is too high and that stealth is OP. Please reduce my damage by 80% and have stealth detected at say100 meters. I am flexible with these numbers. If you want to say take 90% of my damage and have stealth detected at 150 meters, I am fine with that too.

Better yet, if you could just add a passive skill that if I am in the range of any pyro mage, I just root mysrlf and can use no abilities. This would make it much easier for the underpowered mages.

Thanks for listening.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    here's my suggestion buff all base damage slightly and keep everything the way it is with sab.
    I disagree.

As it is, I'm topping killing blows, damage (single target, none of that aoe crap), topping parsers, etc.

Sab needs a bit of a buff to damage. To put all charges on a 1s cast time defeats the purpose, and the thought, behind the sab. They are supposed to be able to be mobile and throw charges. As to the range of the rogues, remember that sabs don't have the range of a MM or Ranger, or casting classes for that matter. As it is, it takes a sab 5-6 seconds to get off those big attacks that equal (1) 2s cast from a pyro. Couple that with the ability for sab charges to be dispelled, and you have a class that can have it's big spike set back another 1-2 seconds.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    First, I'd like to say thanks for listening to my suggested change of having all blast charges hit individually, lowering the chance for a ridiculous crit.

Now, onto the suggestion. The big problem is, is that sabs are ridiculous mobility compared to any other range. My suggested change for this is to give all charges a 1s cast time. The 1s cast time is short enough to make the class still feel "fast", but not let them run around while setting up bombs. It is also more realistic, requiring someone to stop to set up a bomb rather than doing it on the fly.

Could even add a 2 point talent that reduces it's cast time by .25s per point.
    I really have not had major issues with Sabs since 1.1 It is definitely not like it used to be with getting half my health wasted before I could even engage the Sab.

The change seemed about right if the parses back up the change then I say it should stay if they are knocked back a little.

I believe classes like pyros will take a hit tomorrow when weapons do not stack spell power anymore.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity View Post
    Sab needs a bit of a buff to damage. To put all charges on a 1s cast time defeats the purpose, and the thought, behind the sab. They are supposed to be able to be mobile and throw charges. As to the range of the rogues, remember that sabs don't have the range of a MM or Ranger, or casting classes for that matter. As it is, it takes a sab 5-6 seconds to get off those big attacks that equal (1) 2s cast from a pyro. Couple that with the ability for sab charges to be dispelled, and you have a class that can have it's big spike set back another 1-2 seconds.
    Riftblades were supposed to be mobile too. My point being, your vision of how the class is supposed to be might not coincide with what mages vision of your class is supposed to be, resulting in your class getting changed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity View Post
    Sab needs a bit of a buff to damage.
    From fairly extensive testing, this just isn't true.

I find the main problem is that people are either playing like they still have the old Charge Booster, or are just playing poorly by doing nothing but dumping blast charge on the target and hoping for the best. The soul actually requires a rotation between charges now, rather than just using the same thing every time.

edit to add: saying one full charge equals one fireball is pure ignorance, sorry
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-04-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lege View Post
    1) Every other calling does 200 more dps.
    2) Warrior and cleric tanks make riftstalkers look bad, very bad.
    @1 : erm , nope .
    @2: have u actually seen a cleric tank @50 ? cause i deffo haven't. And RS are AMAZING tanks.

If applying charges had a cast time then I'd expect them charges now to come with spikey claws that dig into the target on impact causing damage.

5-6 seconds worth of casting and no damage from it, lol.

I'd like to see charges changed to only Bleed/aoe/direct damage.
    Make charges only stack to 3 (might need a tiny buff in damage.. I dunno).
    Then add in more grenade/trap choices.

Then damage could possible be a little less spikey and we can remain mobile and have some nice ultilies through grenades/traps.

But.. I haven't hit 50 yet so this could be terrible at lvl50 :P lol
    Last edited by Aalysha; 04-04-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Give Sab this Ground-of-Strength
    and you won't see them jumping around again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast